Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What is everyone getting for MPG based on how they drive?

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
I was curious, based on feedback in the Owner Quality Survey thread, what everyone was getting for MPG with their Stinger. At first I was thinking of a poll but there are so many variables and this is my first thread I didn't know the best way for it to look. I'm thinking if people provided type of Stinger, how they drive (grandma, polite, quick, aggressive etc) and what MPG they are getting, we can get a good idea of what to expect (especially those of us who haven't purchased yet). If anyone has other input/ideas they can add that.

And go....[driving]

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Here goes:

Stinger GT2, 50/50 city and highway, always in sport mode, driven aggressively (WOT daily, when traffic permits or due to annoyance/road rage); lifetime average sits at 19.5 mpg, highway mileage averages 24, around town is about 19, cruising range is about 320 miles per tank.

Lastly, installing the LAP3 Chip seemed to have no affect on mileage, even with more aggressive driving.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
60 highway/40 city, average about 21mpg.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
50/50 city and highway, 75/25 comfort/sport, sitting at around 20MPG.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
60 highway/40 city, average about 21mpg.
[?|] I thought you were saying you were getting 60mpg on the highway. LMBO

OP
BriTay
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Thread Starter #6
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Kia has never been big on fuel economy. I remember years ago walking by a Kia lot, looking at window stickers and the EPA estimates. Tiny little 4-cylinder cars were only rated at 25mpg and I wondered at the time who would buy a little economy car that didn't get better fuel economy.

And the 3.3T is a bit disappointing as well. My old 3.8L supercharged Pontiac GTP got 30mpg on a trip from Kansas to New Mexico and back over mountains. No, it didn't have 365HP, only 285 if I remember, but it was better and on regular fuel. But fuel economy isn't a deal breaker for me (see my list of cars in my signature below.) I think 25-26 with all that potential under my foot will feel just fine, and if it costs me and extra $5 a tank for the good stuff, no problem. It's all about the car and the experience, not a couple of bucks at the pump.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
I?ve gotten 27mpg on eco in New Mexico mountains for a full tank (100% hwy)

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I?ve gotten 27mpg on eco in New Mexico mountains for a full tank (100% hwy)
Impressive. I'm sure I would baby it most of the time though lol

The Fuelly app is a great way to track lifetime numbers for your cars. I've used it on my last 6 cars and it's cool to see what kinds of MPG I got during certain trips or times of the year. You have a feature in the TFT display that calculates averages, instant MPG and so on but Fuelly a step beyond. Take a look, pretty interesting. It's an app as well as a website. Not just for you, for everyone that has an interest in this sort of thing.

Reactions
State
NM
Country
United States
Impressive. I'm sure I would baby it most of the time though lol

The Fuelly app is a great way to track lifetime numbers for your cars. I've used it on my last 6 cars and it's cool to see what kinds of MPG I got during certain trips or times of the year. You have a feature in the TFT display that calculates averages, instant MPG and so on but Fuelly a step beyond. Take a look, pretty interesting. It's an app as well as a website. Not just for you, for everyone that has an interest in this sort of thing.
App is awesome I have used it. But the gf drives the vehicles part time and always forgets to get the info

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
App is awesome I have used it. But the gf drives the vehicles part time and always forgets to get the info
LOL, tell her there's a 12 inch rule when it comes to curbs... I cringe every time the lady drives mine but that's what insurance is for [facepalm]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
My Stinger came off the truck with just 12 miles on the odometer. Given the break-in procedure I'll be mostly in sport mode between 2-4k on the tach for the first few tanks. We'll see after that :)

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
From a 200 mile road trip the other day, with roof open the whole way and cruising 75-80:

Attachments

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
From a 200 mile road trip the other day, with roof open the whole way and cruising 75-80:
At those speeds, that's a beautiful thing! LOL

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Lifetime @ 2.3K miles, 50/50 mix, 93 octane, sitting about 18.6mpg. Haven't been to throttle happy and was hoping for a tad more.

1st oil change with Mobil 1 full synthetic yesterday though so maybe I can squeeze an extra point now

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
50/50 city and highway on 91 octane, average about 17.5mpg [8]

Reactions
State