Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia considers rolling out Stinger with separate emblem

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

The new Stinger sports sedan of South Korea's second largest automaker Kia Motors Corp. debuting within the first half will bear entirely new emblem for a differentiated upscale look.

According to the auto industry Tuesday, Kia Motors is expected to launch the Stinger with a special emblem customized for the car whose label separated from the K family tree. The car was originally christened as the K8.

The Korea's second largest car maker has been going all out to improve its brand image. An official at Kia Motors said the company is reviewing various measures, including a separate emblem, to give more ?distinctive premium value? to the Stinger, the carmaker's most ambitious sports sedan.

Although a distinctive emblem doesn't mean a stand-alone brand like Hyundai Motor Co.'s premium Genesis brand, the Stinger with a different emblem from the typical KIA symbol is expected to greatly help Kia Motors expand its presence in the luxury car market. Kia Motors has previously applied a separate emblem for its flagship sport utility vehicle (SUV) Mohave and large-sized sedan Opirus - no longer on sale - which looks like a vortex symbolizing a thumb meaning the best.

The sleek sports sedan will be rolled out within the first half this year first at home and other markets such as the U.S. later this year.

Article Source: Pulse News

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'd be ok with the regular Kia emblem but it would great if Kia had a performance designation as well.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Bob Lutz commented that (while really liking the Stinger GT in the flesh at the Detroit show), Kia will struggle to make a dent in premium circles with its existing badge. A person with his experience in auto marketing should probably be taken seriously

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Ive rebadged my Proceed GT with these 'alternative' Kia symbols when I got the car 18 months ago ... people definitely appreciate the look of the car more than the first week when it had the normal Kia symbol! Comments like "it looks nice ... what is it? A Kia? I wouldn't have picked that"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Surprise
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger
New badge usually means a price premium...

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Camaro RS, 2014 Corvette, 2009
Gotta agree with Bob Lutz, a more premium emblem is necessary. However it should not come with a more premium price.

Reactions
State
PR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Azera
I like the way it looks in the first post pics with the K logo!!