Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

intake

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Would like to get a video sample too, it'll help me decide as I'm too old for really loud intakes.
I'm in the same boat except I want to hear what it sounds like when the peddle isn't being mashed. I don't spend much of my time at WOT. Anyone have a video of what is sounds like just cruising at 50, acceleration from a stop (normal acceleration, that is), etc.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
I'm in the same boat except I want to hear what it sounds like when the peddle isn't being mashed. I don't spend much of my time at WOT. Anyone have a video of what is sounds like just cruising at 50, acceleration from a stop (normal acceleration, that is), etc.
I know what you mean Kamauxx, It seems like everyone wants to Run WOT to get their audio clips. I want to see what it sounds like driving like you normally would, from both outside and inside the car.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I know what you mean Kamauxx, It seems like everyone wants to Run WOT to get their audio clips. I want to see what it sounds like driving like you normally would, from both outside and inside the car.
Exactly, someone just needs to just install one and drive around for 10-15 minutes at varying speeds.

OP
B
Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
Thread Starter #24
so I would like to buy a K&N intake, but I keep reading info saying that oiled filters can cause problems with mass air flow sensor. K&N says no but people on forums say that this has been a problem. also does this void warrnaty

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
so I would like to buy a K&N intake, but I keep reading info saying that oiled filters can cause problems with mass air flow sensor. K&N says no but people on forums say that this has been a problem. also does this void warrnaty
It's a possibility but it rarely happens. I've run several K&N intake on my Focus ST and never had any issues with oil buildup on the MAF. Just be careful not to over oil your filter after maintenance.

They sell recharger kits to maintain the filter.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Way more oil blows by your turbo seals than will ever come off the filter. Just clean your MAF sensor with MAF cleaner every now and then.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Way more oil blows by your turbo seals than will ever come off the filter. Just clean your MAF sensor with MAF cleaner every now and then.
Agreed.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
We've sold thousands of K&N intakes with this style filter and I've yet to hear any feedback from a customer about it causing an issue with the MAF sensor. Also, if you're looking to purchase one of these, feel free to inbox me for forum member pricing! ;)