Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2 types of screens available?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Arab Emirates
What I Drive
Kia Quoris
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
That?s the larger 8? screen and the center console with the open cup holders is for all markets outside Korea.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
I was browsing kia news online and came across an editorial with a centre console screen looking very similar to the G70. Even the gear looks different.

So i am starting to wonder if this is a one off or offered in certain markets. Heres the link to the article..

https://www.motor1.com/reviews/225429/bmw-430i-gran-coupe-kia-stinger-comparison/
Yes there are two screen sizes available, you can see the difference here. https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/786-Entertainment-screens-different

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
That?s the larger 8? screen and the center console with the open cup holders is for all markets outside Korea.
This is the screen originally designed for the G70, however due to the comments received about the Stinger screen surround looking tacky and cheap a last minute change was made to apply the G70 screen on the Stinger in some markets like the US. Other markets like the Middle East and Korea are still getting the first design, however the first or new design both are 8inch.

The cup holder cover is a different story, which markets got which is still unclear. MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) got the cup holder covers.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
This is the screen originally designed for the G70, however due to the comments received about the Stinger screen surround looking tacky and cheap a last minute change was made to apply the G70 screen on the Stinger in some markets like the US. Other markets like the Middle East and Korea are still getting the first design, however the first or new design both are 8inch.

The cup holder cover is a different story, which markets got which is still unclear. MENA region (Middle East and North Africa) got the cup holder covers.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Now, if someone could just come up with a phone holder that clipped gently but firmly onto the frame of that thing...