Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger steering wheel cover

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I like them but if I have an inviting steering wheel that feels good to the touch and is bulky, I wouldn't bother with one.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Seat Leon 2001
Never

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Nope....the Stinger's steering wheel looks very good as is. If you want to protect the material and finish, regular cleaning with each car wash will keep it looking good.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Ah no.

Unless you're a mechanic or in some other trade with constantly dirty hands by all means go for it.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
I like the factory fit for my hands. My question to you (I'm obviously new to this forum), is where can I get the E airbag/horn cover? I would love to replace the KIA one I currently have.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
I like the factory fit for my hands. My question to you (I'm obviously new to this forum), is where can I get the E airbag/horn cover? I would love to replace the KIA one I currently have.
I just found the cover online, its not mine. Hopefully [MENTION=339]Mike @ ImportShark[/MENTION] can help us source this part.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Do you mean the OEM airbag module? (It?s not sold as just a cover unfortunately). If so, I can get it but pricing is going to be rather hefty?probably around $500 or so to your door. Alternatively we are in the process of making an ?E? logo steering wheel badge which should be available in about 2-3 weeks.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
Do you mean the OEM airbag module? (It?s not sold as just a cover unfortunately). If so, I can get it but pricing is going to be rather hefty?probably around $500 or so to your door. Alternatively we are in the process of making an ?E? logo steering wheel badge which should be available in about 2-3 weeks.
How will that badge work? Does the steering wheel logo pop out fairly easy? That is 1 of my 3 gripes on the Stinger is the Kia badges on the interior that you can't get rid of right now.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
How will that badge work? Does the steering wheel logo pop out fairly easy? That is 1 of my 3 gripes on the Stinger is the Kia badges on the interior that you can't get rid of right now.
No no it's just a simple overlay. We're making these out of the same flexible poly material as our overlay-type wheel caps (see other thread posted in the Exterior sub-forum). We're considering doing a replacement-type steering badge as well, but I have to get my hands on a test airbag module to take it apart. We sell a replacement-type steering badge in the Genesis Coupe market that's been extremely successful. The H emblem just pops right off. I'm assuming that the Kia logo on our steering wheels are held on by a similar method (2 plastic rivets on the backside). If so, then it should be easy enough to make this. Still though, the overlay-type steering badge will be available much sooner and a way easier install. There will be 2 styles--the "E" logo and also the "Stinger" lettering logo btw. I'm deciding whether or not to do multiple color options though. We can definitely do a brushed chrome (again, same as the wheel caps) but I may do black/red as a second choice. Gotta see...

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
No no it's just a simple overlay. We're making these out of the same flexible poly material as our overlay-type wheel caps (see other thread posted in the Exterior sub-forum). We're considering doing a replacement-type steering badge as well, but I have to get my hands on a test airbag module to take it apart. We sell a replacement-type steering badge in the Genesis Coupe market that's been extremely successful. The H emblem just pops right off. I'm assuming that the Kia logo on our steering wheels are held on by a similar method (2 plastic rivets on the backside). If so, then it should be easy enough to make this. Still though, the overlay-type steering badge will be available much sooner and a way easier install. There will be 2 styles--the "E" logo and also the "Stinger" lettering logo btw. I'm deciding whether or not to do multiple color options though. We can definitely do a brushed chrome (again, same as the wheel caps) but I may do black/red as a second choice. Gotta see...
Cool, I would be interested in the actual badge replacement. Not so much interested in an overlay that will eventually wear off. Ill keep following for now.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
That's my issue Heli. I bought an overlay with the half K logo with the seller stating it was a replacement. It's not a replacement, it's an overlay. I used to have a Fusion Titanium and was dressing up under the hood so to match the size of the embossed logo on the engine cover, I used a steering wheel logo which was a direct replacement. I actually had to snip off the metal tabs from the thin metal to mount with double sided 3M emblem tape.
Now, I don't know how KIA does the mounting but I suspect it is tabs, pins, or as stated above for K5 chassis, rivets (???).
I guess I'll wait and order an "E" logo airbag later, as I'm not sure how an oval "E" logo would look vs a round badge over an oval embossing if you know what I mean.

I wish I could include a photo of the engine cover but I haven't figured out attaching a pic yet.