Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger rear bumper reflector LED replacement.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Adding LEDs.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Ah, understood. All I can say about that from my standpoint as a business in relation to this type of product is that we've been selling similar items in other markets for years and have never seen a single complaint or issue relating to someone getting a ticket. I'm sure Stinger people will be fine too, but of course its understandable if you have concerns. Nothing wrong with sticking with everything original on the car! It's surely fun to drive regardless. ;)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know we have these in stock HERE in the US and ready to ship! (NOT DROP SHIPPED FROM KOREA)

We have both the standard and sequential LED bumper reflectors depending on your style!

Thanks for choosing K8 Stinger Store! :)

Kia Stinger Standard or Sequential LED Bumper Reflector Lights

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So, has no one installed these yet? LOL

Waiting patiently for a video...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
So, has no one installed these yet? LOL

Waiting patiently for a video...

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
There is an install video already listed on our website! Just click the link above

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
[MENTION=77]Paul@K8StingerStore[/MENTION] I was meaning to send you a PM about these. I would like to get a set. PM me the totals.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
responded

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Just finished installing these and love how they look. Although I would have preferred a better light diffuser to match the tail lights. Non the less they are very bright and look good.

I have a few suggestions for anyone installing these:
1. Add additional protection to the circuit board, to prevent any dirt and water from getting in from the sides, where the wires are soldered. I added hot glue to the ends as I noticed that the heat shrink wrap does not fully cover the ends of the board. After the lights are installed you will find that the board hangs low enough to have dirt and water splashed on it when it rains.

2. Having worked installing car stereo equipment for a few years, I learned the importance of having you wires protected and wire management. Fortunately this LED lights come with more than enough cable to reach their installation points, however if you install the lights without cutting your wires to length you will be left with a lot of slack and managing that extra length to look nice in a tight space is difficult.
3. I noticed that the modified LED reflectors had a lot of gaps and in some places the melted plastic on the back part was not sealed properly leaving chance for water to get in and damage the electronics inside. As this parts are installed on the lowest part of the vehicle it is prone to get a lot of dust, dirt and water, so I went ahead and resealed it using hot glue.

4. Since the wires are thin and very close to the exhaust tips, I went ahead and wrapped the length that ran behind the bumper, with electrical tape, including the circuit board.
5. If you are still left with some slack, I suggest you fastened the circuit board and any additional wire, to the closest parking sensor harness, this will prevent the board from rocking back and forth when the car is moving.

Thanks to [MENTION=337]StingerGT[/MENTION]andMe and [MENTION=77]Paul@K8StingerStore[/MENTION] for providing all instruction and products necessary for this installation.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Nice install. What?s the quality like on these lights and can the LEDs inside be easily replaced without getting a whole new kit?

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Looks great, do they just pop out after you remove the screw from the back?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Nice install. What?s the quality like on these lights and can the LEDs inside be easily replaced without getting a whole new kit?
Thank you. Quality is very good. The LEDs cannot be replaced individually as they come soldered to a circuit board. You will need a new kit to replace it as the light need to be sealed very good in order to prevent moisture and dirt to get in.

Looks great, do they just pop out after you remove the screw from the back?
Thanks. There is a screw that need to be removed (see photos above) once it is removed the reflector pops out.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
That's awesome

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Loving your write-ups

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thank you guys

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Thanks to [MENTION=337]StingerGT[/MENTION]andMe and [MENTION=77]Paul@K8StingerStore[/MENTION] for providing all instruction and products necessary for this installation.
Thanks for the shout out! It's always great to see an indepth review and feedback on our products. Glad the install went well :)

Installed mine today.

https://youtu.be/_DqIbIHQlhw

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Great video demo!

Mind if I use this video to put on the website?

StingerNYC

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thanks for the shout out! It's always great to see an indepth review and feedback on our products. Glad the install went well :)

Great video demo!

Mind if I use this video to put on the website?
Sure! Not a problem.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk