Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Sting-err

Wheatleyjp

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Does anyone else see the gas tank is opposite of the indicator on the display?

Probably needs to be a programming recall at some point.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States

lol I never noticed it until now.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
And what's sad is, the one down by the fuel gauge is pointed in the right direction.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
haha nice catch.

OP
W

Wheatleyjp

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
When it's -10 degrees out, and you're filling up for the first time... you notice that FAST.

Glad it wasn't just mine!

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
When it's -10 degrees out, and you're filling up for the first time... you notice that FAST.

Glad it wasn't just mine!

Congrats on the first fill-up.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
Thanks for pointing that out.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT

This is not a fault or error in development. The arrow in the display, not the actual gas gauge, is pointing to the fuel pump. It's telling you how many miles until you need to go to the pump. The arrow in the actual gas gauge is correct since the gas tank is filled on the driver side, hence the left arrow. The arrow in the cluster is only pointing to the fuel pump and is not indicating which side the tank is filled from.

Hopefully that clears it up.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
This is not a fault or error in development. The arrow in the display, not the actual gas gauge, is pointing to the fuel pump. It's telling you how many miles until you need to go to the pump. The arrow in the actual gas gauge is correct since the gas tank is filled on the driver side, hence the left arrow. The arrow in the cluster is only pointing to the fuel pump and is not indicating which side the tank is filled from.

Hopefully that clears it up.
ditto!

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I still think having the arrow there is confusing and not needed. They can still convey the same message without having the arrow.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I still think having the arrow there is confusing and not needed. They can still convey the same message without having the arrow.
You're probably right. But remember, we are in an era where convenience is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
I agree completely. The last few cars I've had used the arrow to point to which side the tank is on. (The Stinger will be my 29th car :-O )

OP
W

Wheatleyjp

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #13
Sorry guys, every car in America has the arrow and it points to the side that the gas cap is on. My dealer is already aware, and apparently knows that a fix is in progress.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Sorry guys, every car in America has the arrow and it points to the side that the gas cap is on. My dealer is already aware, and apparently knows that a fix is in progress.
What exactly are they fixing? I am by no means dumbing anything down or disrespecting you but, it is pointing to a fuel pump. A fuel pump is at a gas station. There is no correlation between a fuel pump and a gas gauge. The indicator in the display is pointing at the fuel pump at a gas station. I have never used a display to look for what side my fuel tank is filled from, only the gas gauge. Also, if the gas gauge does not have an arrow, the there will be an icon on either the left or right side of the gauge telling you what side it is filled from.

Sorry if I'm brash, I've just never had this issue before and it seems like this is an inconvenience for some when, truthfully, the answer where the gas is to be filled is right where it should be: the gas gauge.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Completely agree with you.
The screen can be changed to something else and if there is no indicator where the gas gauge is, then I can see it being a problem needing a solution. But the indicator is where is should be, the gas gauge, which the first place you would look at when checking levels or filling up.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
I get it for rental cars, but do you guys routinely forget which side the fuel filler door is on your personal vehicles?

olly5

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
I get it for rental cars, but do you guys routinely forget which side the fuel filler door is on your personal vehicles?
Theres always an arrow next to the gas pump symbol. The arrow points to the side where the filler cap is.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD Aurora Black
What exactly are they fixing? I am by no means dumbing anything down or disrespecting you but, it is pointing to a fuel pump. A fuel pump is at a gas station. There is no correlation between a fuel pump and a gas gauge. The indicator in the display is pointing at the fuel pump at a gas station. I have never used a display to look for what side my fuel tank is filled from, only the gas gauge. Also, if the gas gauge does not have an arrow, the there will be an icon on either the left or right side of the gauge telling you what side it is filled from.

Sorry if I'm brash, I've just never had this issue before and it seems like this is an inconvenience for some when, truthfully, the answer where the gas is to be filled is right where it should be: the gas gauge.
I'm not sure why you'd be defending this so harshly, it's very well known by most people that the arrow points to the side the fuel tank is on, physically. Having two different areas with a fuel pump tell you two different directions is just not needed and unnecessary. Sure the on-screen one might be "just pointing to the fuel pump," but it is incredibly confusing to people who don't know that, and it's not explained very well by anyway (not even the manual).

Honestly, the "fix" here should be just to remove the arrow and just show a fuel pump, if they want to show it at all.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I'm not sure why you'd be defending this so harshly, it's very well known by most people that the arrow points to the side the fuel tank is on, physically. Having two different areas with a fuel pump tell you two different directions is just not needed and unnecessary. Sure the on-screen one might be "just pointing to the fuel pump," but it is incredibly confusing to people who don't know that, and it's not explained very well by anyway (not even the manual).

Honestly, the "fix" here should be just to remove the arrow and just show a fuel pump, if they want to show it at all.
Drivers ed teaches, at least where I was taught, was to find the indicator in the gas gauge. If one is confused by it, they could verify with the gas gauge. Sorry if it came off harsh. Kind of common sense to most people.

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
If the arrow was meant to be a ?distance until empty? then the graphic is in the wrong place and should read:

Range xxx miles ????

So either their grammar is wrong, or the arrow is pointing the wrong way. It is confusing (IMHO) and should point to the side of the car where the fuel cap is.