Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Tuning Discussions

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Considering the 7 year warrenty in Germany I'd say a (Honeywell) Garrett or a Borg Warner.
That's kind of what I was thinking too.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
I've chipped my last three turbo cars and the hp and torque increases are real. This is not achievable without the ability to increase the turbo boost. So normally aspirated chipping is a waste of time. Turbo chipping - GO FLOOR IT!

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
For me tuning a naturally aspirated car is more or less to a get different driving experience and not so much for power. I've own naturally aspirated cars before where a tune really changes to shift points and throttle response which makes it more fun to drive. I completely agree with you that getting a tune on a FI car will bring a lot more smiles.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I've chipped my last three turbo cars and the hp and torque increases are real. This is not achievable without the ability to increase the turbo boost. So normally aspirated chipping is a waste of time. Turbo chipping - GO FLOOR IT!
The first car I tuned (Genesis coupe V6) was NA and the tune turned it into a totally different car. With the tune and I/E, I picked up about 60 max HP, and it drove so much better it was like a new engine had been installed.

But I do agree, you get SO much more for less with a tuned turbo. Lap3 is getting good numbers from their Stinger tunes, and I can't wait to see what SFR and BTR will be able to do when they get their hands on them.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
That Tuning Wizard sounds like those fake chips that used to be sold on ebay.
My thoughts exactly - I have some swampland for sale too if you're interested......

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I remember reading in one of the early Stinger articles that the 2.0 is related to/a version of the turbo 4 from the Genesis coupe. If this is accurate, SFR and BTR will have a tune for that one in no time, since they both still offer them for the Gen coupe.

I still have my fingers crossed that it won't take either of them long to crack the 3.3 too...
It shouldn't take long at all. This motor seems to be spread throughout the entire Hyundai Company (Stinger, G70, G80,). I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak it into an Optima. That is a far stretch but adding another engine option to the top trim level may intrigue buyers. I wouldn't want it in there because it takes away from the exclusivity of it. Who knows