Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Spoke With a Senior KIA Executive

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Parked the car after 1 hour drive. Come out 1.5 hours later to see it in flames just parked there. No arson, it was from the factory engine harness that short circuited when I turned the car off.
Sorry to see that, but glad it wasn't in a garage!

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Parked the car after 1 hour drive. Come out 1.5 hours later to see it in flames just parked there. No arson, it was from the factory engine harness that short circuited when I turned the car off.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That is crazy, has that happened to other Mazda 3?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I did some research online and found his phone number, left him a message, and he returned my call. I would encourage others who feel the same way about how KIA is marketing the Stinger in the U.S. to contact KIA to provide their feedback and express their displeasure directly to KIA.

While KIA might have to make some inventory adjustments to accommodate some of our requests, the cars probably already have the wiring in place to handle the 360 camera system and there shouldn't be any technical issues involved with providing some interior color options. KIA shouldn't delay making these changes until the 2019 models are released!

This forum could be a great advocate for the Stinger and help to disseminate information about the car to others. However, KIA's missteps have shifted much of the forum's focus to finding alternative vehicles to purchase and discussing putting off purchasing a Stinger until KIA resolves the issues we have been writing about.

KIA quickly acknowledging and remedying these issues is simply smart and good business which will quickly result in KIA selling more Stingers, and this is great (and free) advertising for the vehicle.
Did you provided him with a link to this thread, so that he can read all the comments about the potential buyers that are getting turned away, because of the bad marketing decisions they are making in the North american region, and also suggestions being made that could potentially benefit the position of brand in the market?

OP
T
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Thread Starter #24
Did you provided him with a link to this thread, so that he can read all the comments about the potential buyers that are getting turned away, because of the bad marketing decisions they are making in the North american region, and also suggestions being made that could potentially benefit the position of brand in the market?
My recollection is that I mentioned the KIA forum...I did not provide him with a link.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
WOW! Sorry about your car man! The 3 is a nice car. Good thing you weren't driving it when this happened.