Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

US Market: Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

U.S. Market: Which unavailable feature on the Kia Stinger are you most upset the most?

• 360 Camera

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Rear Heated Seats

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Back Rest Mounted Seat Adjustment Buttons

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Wireless Charging

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • UVO App Support

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Colors or Color Combinations

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
You can add heated steering wheel to that list. I was reading through my owners manual for my GT2 and noticed I don't have the heating steering wheel next to my seat heat/cooling switch like the manual says I should.....

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Now that actually surprises me. Pls let us know what other things in the manual are not actually in the car. I would love to know.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Now that actually surprises me. Pls let us know what other things in the manual are not actually in the car. I would love to know.
I believe the heated steering wheel is standard only on the GT2 that comes with AWD.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I believe the heated steering wheel is standard only on the GT2 that comes with AWD.
Close... The heated steering wheel is STANDARD with every AWD model. That's the only way to get it.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Close... The heated steering wheel is STANDARD with every AWD model. That's the only way to get it.
Thanks for clarifying my comment -- I was referring to just the GT2 RWD in his post but didn't realize what I said implied only the GT2 AWD included the heated steering wheel. :)

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Civic Si Coupe
Ok that makes sense since I've only been looking at the AWD. Thanks for the update.

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Oh, for sure! I've been selling Kia's for more than 16 years and have been in the central region's hip pocket on tracking the cars. LOL

Canada was different because they are ONLY selling the AWD and only in TWO trim options, not TEN like in the states. Much less planning needed which gave them more time to build.
I hear what you're saying, and respect your insider information, but I have to say that the "planning" needed to include features that are already available on the Stinger (and on multiple other Kia models) is trivial compared to the planning required to engineer such features into the car. I continue to believe that KMA did this primarily for marketing reasons (probably so they'd have "special" features to add during incremental years), but I'll go with a possible secondary reason of failure to plan well.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
In reality, the first year release is a beta-test year. Scatter different features out over multiple markets not not all. Then if something creates a problem you don't have that problem everywhere at once.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
There should be an "All of the above" option

For me it will be two Qi wireless charger and 360 camera.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Heated rear seats

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Surprised to hear this from someone who is living in Alabama. :)
Hmmm. Not sure if there's something wrong with my profile but I live in Maryland, suburban Washington D.C. I have an 11 year old daughter. I'd love for her to also have the heated seats.

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Silver Kia Stinger GT
Surprised to hear this from someone who is living in Alabama. :)
I think he forgot to select the right State, there's no city called Gaithersburg in AL.[biggrin]

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I think he forgot to select the right State, there's no city called Gaithersburg in AL.[biggrin]
Yes, good catch. I guess I must have left the State unfilled on the first value. Now changed to MD.

mdwallace

Reactions
State
ME
Country
United States
I'm wondering about adding some features, wiring harness and programing already being in place.

Such as ordering parts for the 360 cameras from import. Two side cameras and the alternate back camera etc... Would they be plug and play with the software on the care or any prerun wiring harnesses? if the cameranis plugged in it becomes a selectable option from the Dash screen if it's detected on the data bus for that feature.

Same for the rear heated seats.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I'm wondering about adding some features, wiring harness and programing already being in place.

Such as ordering parts for the 360 cameras from import. Two side cameras and the alternate back camera etc... Would they be plug and play with the software on the care or any prerun wiring harnesses? if the cameranis plugged in it becomes a selectable option from the Dash screen if it's detected on the data bus for that feature.

Same for the rear heated seats.
I suspect that the 360 camera is indeed pre-wired because it's cheaper for them to bulk produce that way, so if you add the right cameras, it's likely to work. The rear heated seat I doubt they would have it in there outside of the wiring. So that may be a much bigger and riskier job. Will be interesting to find out though. I'd also he open to purchasing aftermarket OEM if it's not outlandishly expensive. I like the wireless phone charger.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK we get pretty much everything that is referenced in the handbook if you buy a GT-S.

360 Camera
Wireless charging
Heated rear seats / Heated and ventilated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Shift by wire gearbox
etc.

This all sounds good until you see the sticker price, which is ?40,500 - approximately $57,000
[sad]

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
In the UK we get pretty much everything that is referenced in the handbook if you buy a GT-S.

360 Camera
Wireless charging
Heated rear seats / Heated and ventilated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Shift by wire gearbox
etc.

This all sounds good until you see the sticker price, which is ?40,500 - approximately $57,000
[sad]
I have to admit I would love those features, but I wouldn't pay $5k more for them.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not happy I couldn't get a heated steering wheel because I'd rather have RWD. Dumb. That feature is nice in an Ohio winter. I rarely need AWD in southern Ohio but dealers convince practically everyone they have to have it.