Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger now listed on Edmunds.com

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Still see a lot of cars only in Ca, Wa and Az.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Still see a lot of cars only in Ca, Wa and Az.
Exactly. And the only reason I haven't snapped one up and brought it home is they won't let me; Kia won't allow out of state leasing.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I've read they are all coming in through ports on the west coast.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've read they are all coming in through ports on the west coast.
I believe most are coming in through Long Beach.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Exactly. And the only reason I haven't snapped one up and brought it home is they won't let me; Kia won't allow out of state leasing.
Ive never leased. Why would they keep you from leasing out-of-state?

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Ive never leased. Why would they keep you from leasing out-of-state?
That's an excellent question, that no one at the dealership could answer. I haven't found a straight forward answer online either so I think I may call Kia financial, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
That's an excellent question, that no one at the dealership could answer. I haven't found a straight forward answer online either so I think I may call Kia financial, just to satisfy my curiosity.
That's odd. I may look into with my dealer here. I'll be moving to Ohio but I'm more than likely purchasing/leasing one in SD. Let me know of any findings if you decide to talk to them.

Cheers

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
That's odd. I may look into with my dealer here. I'll be moving to Ohio but I'm more than likely purchasing/leasing one in SD. Let me know of any findings if you decide to talk to them.

Cheers
So I called Kia finance, and the rep told me they do NOT forbid out of state leasing. I feel like a newb; I can't believe I took the word of a salesman without verifying.

I certainly should have known better than to take the word of a dealer too shady to honor the price listed on their website.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
So I called Kia finance, and the rep told me they do NOT forbid out of state leasing. I feel like a newb; I can't believe I took the word of a salesman without verifying.

I certainly should have known better than to take the word of a dealer too shady to honor the price listed on their website.
Not your fault, some sleezy salesman. I'll look into it when they arrive here. Thanks for the info!