Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia enters trendy Sportback segment with the Stinger

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea
What I Drive
Kia Stinger

Kia makes a beeline for the Sportback market with the premiere of the 2018 Kia Stinger.

The Kia Stinger joins the midsize 5-door hatchback class occupied by such members as Audi S5 Sportback, BMW 440i Gran Coupe and V-6 Porsche Panamera seated in the front row.

Kia?s rear-drive newcomer also enters the Gran Touring (GT) arena with Stinger 2.0T and Stinger GT 3.3T models - each available with upgrade versions and all-wheel drive.

Stinger 2.0T is powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that delivers 255 horsepower while the Kia Stinger GT 3.3T delivers 365-hp from its 3.3L twin turbo V-6 power plant.

Both are managed by an 8-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.

I tested the Stinger GT 3.3T equipped with all-wheel drive over the curve-laden Angeles Crest Highway through hill country outside Los Angeles.

Read more on NWI.