Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What oil type is going in your Kia Stinger? Synthetic, Synthetic Blend or Regular Oil?

What oil type is going in your Kia Stinger? Synthetic, Synthetic Blend or Regular Oil?

• Regular Oil

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Synthetic Blend Oil

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Synthetic Oil

Votes: 42 75.0%
  • Whichever my dealer puts in

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
The manual says GF-4. All GF-4 oils are full synthetic. The reason is because of the immense heat at the turbo shaft bearing that destroys non-synthetic oil and causes turbo shaft bearing failure. Mobil 1 and other full synthetic oils can stand up to that torture for 6,000 miles without breakdown. Mobil 1 is GF-5 oil and exceeds GF-4 specs. Any GF-4 or GF-5 oil is what you want.

myharpoon

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger AWD GT1
After I do a break-in oil change at 1K (free by dealer) and another at 6K (also by dealer with 50% off with coupon through Costco vehicle purchase program), I will go full synthetic (Lucas Oil) through my local shop's $450 lifetime oil change program.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I'm on my second oil change with full synthetic.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I don?t think I?ll mess with anything that?s not fully synthetic with this level of turbo charging. Not worth it. We paid a lot for these cars. Not worth risking anything for the price difference in oils in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badazzla

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Changed Mega turbo syn 0w30(Kia genuiue) 4 times for 20,000km. For me, quite good quality and performance.
Now, I?ve just changed Motul Multi-power performance 5w30, Maybe placebo effect, I think there?s no difference between Mega turbo syn and Motul. Also cheaper than Motul.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
At 496 miles I'm doing my first oil change now. At first I got jugs of Mobile 1 full synthetic 5W-30, but then at the last minute decided to use full-on, old-school, DINO-OIL for its break-in period, to appease the parts of me that believe in seating the rings and all that good stuff. I'll save these jugs of full-synth for the next oil-change, probably around 3,600 miles or so.

Just came inside to collect the tools... 10mm for the undershields, 27mm socket for the oil-filter and I guess a 17mm for the drain plug? I'm about to get to know where my jacking points are, and try to finagle them with jack-stands for this job.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
After I do a break-in oil change at 1K (free by dealer) and another at 6K (also by dealer with 50% off with coupon through Costco vehicle purchase program), I will go full synthetic (Lucas Oil) through my local shop's $450 lifetime oil change program.
What’s the interval on the lifetime oil change?

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 KIA STINGER AWD GT1
At 496 miles I'm doing my first oil change now. At first I got jugs of Mobile 1 full synthetic 5W-30, but then at the last minute decided to use full-on, old-school, DINO-OIL for its break-in period, to appease the parts of me that believe in seating the rings and all that good stuff. I'll save these jugs of full-synth for the next oil-change, probably around 3,600 miles or so.

Just came inside to collect the tools... 10mm for the undershields, 27mm socket for the oil-filter and I guess a 17mm for the drain plug? I'm about to get to know where my jacking points are, and try to finagle them with jack-stands for this job.
Done! Not so bad, just tedious dealing with those undergarments, but it all buttoned back up without any leftover hardware, so I'm not complaining.

Oh, what a relief! What a weight off my shoulders, knowing I just treated my ride to some thick, new, viscous, honey oil in her bloodstream.
seven and a quarter quarts is a LOT for such a svelte package.

I ended up just driving up my old ramps, once I determined they'd work without the front hitting; it was a lot faster and easier than jack + stands.

Day 6, @ 497 miles. 1st oil change complete! [werd]

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
You guys might find this interesting.
[video=youtube;sXcf5g85Dzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcf5g85Dzs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I’m going to be using Valvoline synpower like I have in all my cars the last 10 years. I’m surprised that Valvoline wasn’t part of his test.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Either mobil1 or royal purple 5W30 full synthetic, I've used both of these in my cars. They both work well.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
The manual says "Total" which is not available (as far as I know) in the U.S. I'm sure it's a synthetic.
I asked my dealer's service manager last week and he said Total Quartz. I assume it's the 5w40. He did give me the "It's a special oil designed specifically for that engine". Oakey Dokey. But it does look like a quality product.
I do all my own maintenance on my Mercedes and Tacoma and always stick with the mfg. spec on the fluids. MB has a whole BEVO web site just for fluid specs which takes the guess work out of it. I run Mobil1 0w40 Euro in the Benz and Valvoline or Castrol 5w30 dino oil in my Taco with 200k on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Total-184952...ocphy=1022639&hvtargid=pla-571108952316&psc=1

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD Cermaic/Red
Liqui Moly Next Gen is what I am using. I have been using this oil for years in VW/Audi and my wife's Volvo. Pricey but cheaper than buying an engine...

JimB47

Reactions
City
Miami
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT 3.3 bi turbo
Castrol Edge, Fully synthetic a5 5W-30 because our temperature never gets below 0

Last edited:
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Liqui Moly Next Gen is what I am using. I have been using this oil for years in VW/Audi and my wife's Volvo. Pricey but cheaper than buying an engine...
I’m also using Liqui Moly 5W40 with oil and filter change every 5,000 miles.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT2 AWD Cermaic/Red
I’m also using Liqui Moly 5W40 with oil and filter change every 5,000 miles.

Same here every 5,000 miles. The dealership wanted to change my oil for free and I said no thanks.

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
Regardless of oil selected, get an analysis done to ensure the oil you’ve selected matches your driving style, environment, and expectations. It’s a cheap $30 insurance policy

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I've been using pennzoil full synthetic for a couple years now...was always mobil 1

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
I had an analysis run with 2800 miles on LiquiMoly 5W40 oil change. All good. But, I’m going to have another one with 5,000 miles on the oil.