Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

M&S Aeroparts Kia Stinger Splitter, Side Skirt Diffusers and Rear Diffuser

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Special forum pricing to follow soon
Looking at the your store page, says it "attaches with basic hardware".

http://importshark.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/406_412/products_id/2331/osCsid/10c642c5ee7e0a79d1d0d63f92719451

Do you have to drill the factory bumper to install? Also, I see my stock Stinger has a small diffuser already (maybe something unique to the NA model?). Can this aftermarket diffusser still be installed on top of it? Looks like the existing shape would get in the way?

So, what's the forum pricing if I want to order in red?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Looking at the your store page, says it "attaches with basic hardware".

http://importshark.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/406_412/products_id/2331/osCsid/10c642c5ee7e0a79d1d0d63f92719451

Do you have to drill the factory bumper to install? Also, I see my stock Stinger has a small diffuser already (maybe something unique to the NA model?). Can this aftermarket diffusser still be installed on top of it? Looks like the existing shape would get in the way?

I believe you do have to drill in a couple screws, but it would be underneath the rear fascia and wouldn't be visible when the diffuser is removed. There is a bit of design to the OEM bumper already, yes. The M&S one simply accents that. I can do $200 shipped for forum members, including OEM pre-painting.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I believe you do have to drill in a couple screws, but it would be underneath the rear fascia and wouldn't be visible when the diffuser is removed. There is a bit of design to the OEM bumper already, yes. The M&S one simply accents that. I can do $200 shipped for forum members, including OEM pre-painting.
Yeah you hooked me up with some Hyundai Veloster stuff some years back. You guys are alright. How do I place the order for a pre-painted in red unit?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Just a heads up. These things are like 130-140ish dollars with free shipping on ebay. You could paint it for like 10 bucks.

Also, someone bought one on the other forum and gave a not-so-great review about the quality. You REALLY should check out his review before buying.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Just a heads up. These things are like 130-140ish dollars with free shipping on ebay. You could paint it for like 10 bucks.

Also, someone bought one on the other forum and gave a not-so-great review about the quality. You REALLY should check out his review before buying.
The rear diffuser you mean?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006
What was wrong? Poor paint work, bad fitment, install problems?

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
What was wrong? Poor paint work, bad fitment, install problems?
His words: "Fits well and easy enough to install but it is really cheap plastic. Super flimsy but I guess it weighs practically next to nothing. It's like the plastic that you can push with a little strength and crease it. Should've paid attention that its made of ABS plastic but I think it should be thicker. Definitely expensive but it does fit spot on."

And he followed up with: "It feels like like those thin hard plastic pots for plants that's meant to be temporary for transport and could be brittle after exposure to the elements and crack into pieces."

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
His words: "Fits well and easy enough to install but it is really cheap plastic. Super flimsy but I guess it weighs practically next to nothing. It's like the plastic that you can push with a little strength and crease it. Should've paid attention that its made of ABS plastic but I think it should be thicker. Definitely expensive but it does fit spot on."

And he followed up with: "It feels like like those thin hard plastic pots for plants that's meant to be temporary for transport and could be brittle after exposure to the elements and crack into pieces."
Well, the way I see it, the less weight I add to the car the better for performance and gas economy. I figure if it holds up for a few months then I buy more pieces from the set to bolt on to my Stinger. If it cracks, bends, melts, etc. then I simply remove bolts and throw in the trash. No big deal.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Well, the way I see it, the less weight I add to the car the better for performance and gas economy. I figure if it holds up for a few months then I buy more pieces from the set to bolt on to my Stinger. If it cracks, bends, melts, etc. then I simply remove bolts and throw in the trash. No big deal.
Okay. Good luck!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Slovenia
What I Drive
Hyundai tiburon 2.0L 2006

I see they made it from really thin plastic and I agree it could be thicker as it wouldn't weigh much more. Guess they made it from thin plastic to save as much material as possible but not sure how much cheaper this makes it.