Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States

For those who have a Kia Stinger on order or have already purchased one please share with us what you paid out the door. When you post please try to include these information so that we can share as much information for everyone.

1. Trim (Base, Premium, GT1, GT2, etc.)
  2. Additional Options and Dealer Add-ons like warranty, maintenance plans, paint protection, etc.
  3. State Taxes, please include what State you purchased from.
  4. Destination and/or dealer fees.
  5. Dealer name that you purchased from, please include the city, state and country.
  6. Any ADM "Additional Dealer Markup". If yes, add them to the Naughty Kia Dealers List.
  7. Final OTD price.

Did you pay MSRP or Less?
Give a shout-out to your Kia dealer on the Nice Kia Dealers List.

Did a Kia dealer try to charge you over MSRP?
Report that Kia dealer on the Naughty Kia Dealers List.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
Hi all. Price for GT Ltd was 49995. Got extended warranty to 200000Km for 7 years at $3500. Zxwron or some such paint treatment for 899.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
there was no way they would take less than MSRP ...............I was able to negotiate oil changes , winter mats and trunk liner as well as them debadging and rebading front and back . Also they matched the best price on the All Season tires I'm swapping on and will mount them for free ( I'll sell the stock tires on Craigslist ) . My GM showed the cost of the car and their margin is skinny !! Dont hold your breath for any deals ...........

The car is a beast on the highway and killer in the twisties !!

OP
VegasStinger

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
there was no way they would take less than MSRP ...............I was able to negotiate oil changes , winter mats and trunk liner as well as them debadging and rebading front and back . Also they matched the best price on the All Season tires I'm swapping on and will mount them for free ( I'll sell the stock tires on Craigslist ) . My GM showed the cost of the car and their margin is skinny !! Dont hold your breath for any deals ...........

If you were able to negotiate free oil changes along with all the other items I would say that's still a great deal. The labor alone for debadging and rebadging is probably a few hundred. All in all maybe around $500? Do you know if there are dealer holdbacks in Canada? Also what was the invoice price on your car?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
The Canadian Stinger accessories have not been posted or released yet so what they have given me a $500 credit to buy whatever I want , so I'll get front /rear rubber mats and a rubber trunk liner not sure of pricing but there should be some $$ left over . The debadge/rebadge and tire changeover is worth more than just $$ to me because it saves me all the time and running around . I was going to get the tires from TireRack and have them shipped to my PO box in Washington State then drive down to pick them up. So by matching the price and doing the install it makes the whole thing very smooth !

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thanks , Given their cost and skinny margin I am totally cool with paying MSRP , the freebies will go a long way to add value . I just finished spraying my rear emblems flat black ( undercoat , 3 coats of black and 3 coats of clearcoat ) I think they look great I'll give them to the dealer Monday and get the AWD badge deleted and spray the GT flat black as well . I'll black out the red reflectors with vinyl and that should do it for phase 1.............................

Last edited:

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thanks , Given their cost and skinny margin I am totally cool with paying MSRP , the freebies will go a long way to add value . I just finished spraying my rear emblems flat black ( undercoat , 3 coats of black and 3 coats of clearcoat ) I think they look great I'll give them to the dealer Monday and get the AWD badge deleted and spray the GT flat black as well . I'll black out the red reflectors with vinyl and that should do it for phase 1.............................
Nice, can't wait to see the results.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States

Considering this is an all new car and a very good one at that... and rumor has it KIA isn't going to make much money off of it (I think they are underestimating the car and they will), I'd say you did just fine! NOBODY is going to pay more than msrp on this and I think KIA knows it but I think KIA isn't going to sell it for less than msrp at least for the first 6 months.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Saab 9-5 AERO. Stinger GT on order
I have a business and we (the company) don't discount anything. Not one red cent. I like to tell customers we have firm price and a fair price. I paid full pop for the Stinger because it's a fair price. I'm happy to give Kia the money so it'll come up with an even faster Stinger in a few years. On the other hand if I went into a BMW, VW, Audi, or any other dealership... No deal = No deal!!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
My details:

Sticker: 50,400
Lease cash: -6100
Tax and other ridiculous fees: ~4000
Down payment (first month pymt deducted): 2000
Out the door: ~46,300

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
My details:

Sticker: 50,400
Lease cash: -6100
Tax and other ridiculous fees: ~4000
Down payment (first month pymt deducted): 2000
Out the door: ~46,300
How many miles a year?

Art9681

Reactions
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2
I have the GT2 RWD and paid MSRP which was 51k. No extended warranty but I did get gap insurance. I did not try to negotiate a lower price. The cars had arrived the night before and in the morning when I arrived there were several people already test driving the different models. Had I not arrived when I did someone else would have bought the only GT2 they had. The other guy had to ?settle? for the GT1. I think initial demand is high enough that dealers won?t drop the price. Regardless, after driving it all day I feel like I paid a fair price compared to the other cars in this class. The car is wonderful. It was either the Stinger GT2 or new 2018 Mustang GT (I?ve owned several Mustangs). The Mustang is slightly cheaper and more powerful but the Stinger is a much more beautiful and functional daily driver. I feel good about the purchase.

My dealer is Bramlett Kia in Decatur Alabama.

Last edited:
Reactions
City
Hjdjxudh
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2006 Acura TSX
Alberta, CANADA

Purchased from Go Kia South Edmonton, woo-ed unsuccessfully by West Kia Edmonton. The south dealership seemed to be more trustworthy to me.

Ordered a dark grey exterior, red interior GT Limited (GT2)

$48,000 Vehicle
$ 1,560 Destination Fee
$ 326 Other fees
$ 1,500 Winter prep package (block heater, battery blanket, all weather mats, locking wheel nuts, lifetime windshield chip repair)
$ 1,155 3M bra, 5-window tint, rebadging
$ 2,500 Kia stinger winter wheel/tire package
$ 0 No dealer decal
$ 2,752 Tax
==========================
OTD $57,787 and a $750 maintenance credit (see below)

Financed at 3.49%.

Another dealer tried to woo me with an additional $2,000 off for everything above but I had already signed and felt honour-bound to stick with my commitment. But through the chasing back and forth I ended up getting a $750 maintenance credit to help me feel better. But I COULD have gotten it for just under 56k.

I was puzzled that they would fight so hard for a sale when they are clearly losing money on it.

How did I do?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Congrats! You did better than I did. My dealer wouldn't budge under $49k.

Alberta, CANADA

Purchased from Go Kia South Edmonton, woo-ed unsuccessfully by West Kia Edmonton. The south dealership seemed to be more trustworthy to me.

Ordered a dark grey exterior, red interior GT Limited (GT2)

$48,000 Vehicle
$ 1,560 Destination Fee
$ 326 Other fees
$ 1,500 Winter prep package (block heater, battery blanket, all weather mats, locking wheel nuts, lifetime windshield chip repair)
$ 1,155 3M bra, 5-window tint, rebadging
$ 2,500 Kia stinger winter wheel/tire package
$ 0 No dealer decal
$ 2,752 Tax
==========================
OTD $57,787 and a $750 maintenance credit (see below)

Financed at 3.49%.

Another dealer tried to woo me with an additional $2,000 off for everything above but I had already signed and felt honour-bound to stick with my commitment. But through the chasing back and forth I ended up getting a $750 maintenance credit to help me feel better. But I COULD have gotten it for just under 56k.

I was puzzled that they would fight so hard for a sale when they are clearly losing money on it.

How did I do?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I was very discouraged today trying to get bids on a GT1 AWD. Two dealers refused to quote me a price on my trade-in. ("We'll price that when your Stinger arrives.") One quote so far on the Stinger that was only $524 below MSRP here in the U.S. Terribly disappointed, but maybe that's the best I can do? I never paid anywhere close to MSRP on any other car I've bought new.

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I was very discouraged today trying to get bids on a GT1 AWD. Two dealers refused to quote me a price on my trade-in. ("We'll price that when your Stinger arrives.") One quote so far on the Stinger that was only $524 below MSRP here in the U.S. Terribly disappointed, but maybe that's the best I can do? I never paid anywhere close to MSRP on any other car I've bought new.
Have you tried getting a quote from CarMax?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Have you tried getting a quote from CarMax?
I looked at CarMax but there are no dealers within 100 miles of me. Very discouraging but also limited stock. Wanted a GT1 Red AWD and there are none anywhere around. They are all GT2 or black. I can't see the extra $4,000 for the seats in the GT2 which is about the only difference. Too much dust/dirt here and far too hot in the summer for a black car. Have to order a GT1. I can't believe these dealers won't do 15 minutes worth of work for a $500 profit, plus (no doubt) a couple $Grand on the trade-in. I'm not driving their @#!$ cars and I'm not wasting hours of their time playing "let's make a deal." They don't know how to price and sell a car without turning it into a big game over pricing. I bought five Pontiacs from the same salesman and dealer over 20 years and never had anything like this to deal with. Seriously thinking of keeping my venerable G8 GT until the lose their pride in the Stinger and price them so the dealer can make a fair profit. Close to giving up.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
PM me. I'll help you with a Stinger.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Looking at Kelly Blue Book, the difference between the MSRP on the sticker and dealer invoice on a Stinger is about $3,000 depending on the model. That of course does NOT include all the other "under the table" kickbacks for quotas, dealer incentives and several other programs that they receive. In addition, if you have a trade-in, those are the big profit items, so you need to know the Blue Book trade-in value of your trade-in as well to tell if you're getting a fair deal or paying thousands too much.

So from my research, it's a matter of demand on the Stinger, where other little competitive Kia grocery haulers are more fairly priced. I know dealers have a lot of overhead with their big fancy showrooms, and car lots full of vehicles on which they are paying monthly floor plan interest to the factory. But to sell me a car takes maybe 15 minutes of their time to simply shoot me a quotation on a factory order on which they will receive immediate cash and pay no floor plan interest. Is it fair for them to be making maybe $5,000 profit for 15 minutes of their time? Yes, I know they have a huge overhead and a fair profit is fair.

Another real issue I have is that as a business owner, I always dealt directly with the sales manager. You also used to be able to do that online when getting a price quote or just pick up the phone. But today you can't get to the sales manager, you MUST go through a salesman. So I walk in with my car spec'd out and ask to see the sales manager. "I can help you with that" says the salesman. I hand him/her the spec sheet, he looks at it for a second, and carries it directly to the sales manager, then "earns" his commission as a messenger boy between the SM and myself. I don't NEED a salesman. I know exactly what I want, I've spec'd it out. I don't want to drive the car or spend the salesperson's time. All I need is a quote. The salesman can't give me a quote without the SM approval. Why am I paying a middleman who is doing nothing? The car business seems to think that they aren't earning their profits unless they engage you in a one-hour game of "let's make a deal." Whatever happened to the Saturn philosophy of one price, no haggling?

I'm getting close to just keeping the G8 GT and waiting until they aren't quite so proud of their new car or go find something else. Very frustrating ....

Last edited: