Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Congratulations!!

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Pulled the trigger today on the Stinger GT. Black on Black. I'm joining the hive!
Dealer gave me 9% off MSRP and included a Remote Starter as well.
Financed the car with $5000 in rebates. $34,500 before TTL.
Feel as though I got a decent deal.
Congrats!

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Pulled the trigger today on the Stinger GT. Black on Black. I'm joining the hive!
Dealer gave me 9% off MSRP and included a Remote Starter as well.
Financed the car with $5000 in rebates. $34,500 before TTL.
Feel as though I got a decent deal.
Great deal and Welcome!!!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Congratulations!!
I fly out tonight, pick it up tomorrow! Very excited I must say. Based on looking at KIA.com inventory numbers looks like quite a few folks were holding out for this and next month to get a Stinger. For me, my gamble paid off with KIA throwing another $3k at the car with "Conquest Cash" which has every car ever made but the Edsel on it. So just a name and excuse to give $3k to move the Stingers off the lot. Fine by me!

Stinger GT, AWD DriveWise.jpg

Interior.jpg

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I fly out tonight, pick it up tomorrow! Very excited I must say. Based on looking at KIA.com inventory numbers looks like quite a few folks were holding out for this and next month to get a Stinger. For me, my gamble paid off with KIA throwing another $3k at the car with "Conquest Cash" which has every car ever made but the Edsel on it. So just a name and excuse to give $3k to move the Stingers off the lot. Fine by me!

View attachment 1386

View attachment 1387
Thats a a sick vehicle you got there !

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thats a a sick vehicle you got there !
Evidently they gave it a synthetic oil IV last night and it's doing much better today. ; ) Horrible joke I know, just couldn't resist.

Let me just take a moment to say that 73?, dark blue sky, crisp clear air, working outside today in Beaverton, OR... not sure where else could be more ideal for this at the moment... Okay, I'd give Bora Bora a try, but still...

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States

View attachment 1386

View attachment 1387
Beautiful! The beautiful white with the red leather is awesome combo and it has tinted windows already!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Beautiful! The beautiful white with the red leather is awesome combo and it has tinted windows already!
Yah, it does appear to have tinted windows, but we'll see... I've looked at the other photos and this appears to be the case. I was going to do that anyway, but they are already like that it appears.

Now to Ceramic coat! I might put a clear braw on part of the hood, we'll see, but that costs sooo much, and I'm pinching every penny as it is... But the Ceramic coating, I can pull that off myself.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Congrats [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Congrats [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]
Thanks SeoulStinger! I'm outta the Portland area, and when needing a AWD version of a GT, w/Red on Black interior + DriveWise package, w/white paint, suddenly it was a REALLY narrow selection. I hunted inventory in all of CA, OR, WA, ID, UT, and AZ. I ended up finding one in Denver, CO! So, I took a red-eye out there, the dealer picked me up in the morning and then that afternoon started the drive back to Beaverton, OR. It was pretty fun road-trip. Stop/Go Cruise control is fantastic! Lane Keep Warning and Assist are also interesting tools. Just a bit of added safety could be worth it some day.

Tinted windows and some Xpel or 3m clear bra shielding also came with the car. Wheel locks, cargo net, and floor mats were also there. One dealer in NV tried to sell me on the spare tire being extra. Please...

However, the more I think about this, I'm not so sure the tinted windows and clear-shield were added by the dealer. They are NOT listed on the window sticker, however, it seems to me the car came that way via the factory, giving the dealer something to up-sell as ad-ons. It was never uphold to me, but it's not on the sticker either. Interesting... I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems some come with extra stuff from the factory that is not listed on the Window Sticker, allowing the dealer to mark up if they can. Arapahoe KIA did NOT up-sell. Or, at least they agreed to the price we landed on and it was all included.

Regardless, that stuff is extra and it never came up as extra stuff I would be paying for.

Anyone looking to buy a 2018 Stinger right now, I'd suggest you had/should get it decently under invoice. KIA's giving something good to the Dealers in a Factory to Dealer incentive I'm 99% sure of that. Mine was $5xx under invoice, thus I'm guessing they have at least another $2,000 to play with - maybe more.

INTERESTING: The final price for everything was around $5xx under invoice, yet when written up, they included a $599 dealer handling feel, so the car was technically $1,100 under invoice with their dealer fee built back in. Again, I agreed to a price with nothing above and beyond that - they agreed to that. Fine. Do what they want in breaking out that price, I got the final out the door price I wanted.

I assume they do this so they can keep $599 in their pockets immediately?... Whatever.

Also, if you buy and are financing via KMF (I did) I would have NOT had that $599 be rolled into the loan. I mean, I put a down, and then the remainder, but technically the 1/3rd I financed had 1/3rd of that dealer handling fee in it. Why on earth am I financing paperwork? Sheesh... But I was very tired after a good nights sleep thought about this concept the next day...

So try to finance ONLY the car, and pay in cash the tile, license, anything extra. My $.02 worth. Hope that helps someone.

In 5 days, I've put on $1,750 miles. But there ya go, it's broken in and running well. Can't complain. Really appreciated how much more quiet it is over my 2014 Mazda 6, and Apple Car Play - love it!

IMG_1304.jpg
Stinger GT in Customer Pick-Up Bay

IMG_1305.jpg
Took the front license plate off a few blocks away. I don't do front license plates...

IMG_1306.jpg
Road Trip! Somewhere in Wyoming! Awesome sunset.

IMG_1313.jpg
Back at that ranch.

~OUT

Last edited:
Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thanks SeoulStinger! I'm outta the Portland area, and when needing a AWD version of a GT, w/Red on Black interior + DriveWise package, w/white paint, suddenly it was a REALLY narrow selection. I hunted inventory in all of CA, OR, WA, ID, UT, and AZ. I ended up finding one in Denver, CO! So, I took a red-eye out there, the dealer picked me up in the morning and then that afternoon started the drive back to Beaverton, OR. It was pretty fun road-trip. Stop/Go Cruise control is fantastic! Lane Keep Warning and Assist are also interesting tools. Just a bit of added safety could be worth it some day.
Congrats MarkyMark on your purchase! :)

I am curious - I think you mentioned utilizing the $3k 'conquest' cash - which makes me think you traded in your Mazda (or other applicable vehicle), yet you flew to Denver to pick up your car.

How did you do the trade? Did you trade it to a local dealer for some kind of 'credit' with Kia? CarMax? If you got the conquest cash, I assume, though, that you traded it in to Kia somehow?

Just curious! :) I've thought about doing what you did if I have to (flying to a distant city for pickup and drive home), but I have a trade that has to be part of the deal.

Congrats again!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

I am curious - I think you mentioned utilizing the $3k 'conquest' cash - which makes me think you traded in your Mazda (or other applicable vehicle), yet you flew to Denver to pick up your car.

How did you do the trade? Did you trade it to a local dealer for some kind of 'credit' with Kia? CarMax? If you got the conquest cash, I assume, though, that you traded it in to Kia somehow?

Just curious! :) I've thought about doing what you did if I have to (flying to a distant city for pickup and drive home), but I have a trade that has to be part of the deal.

Congrats again!
He did not. The conquest money isn't for trading, it's for owning. You can keep your car and still get the cash.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Tinted windows and some Xpel or 3m clear bra shielding also came with the car. Wheel locks, cargo net, and floor mats were also there. One dealer in NV tried to sell me on the spare tire being extra. Please...

However, the more I think about this, I'm not so sure the tinted windows and clear-shield were added by the dealer. They are NOT listed on the window sticker, however, it seems to me the car came that way via the factory, giving the dealer something to up-sell as ad-ons. It was never uphold to me, but it's not on the sticker either. Interesting... I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems some come with extra stuff from the factory that is not listed on the Window Sticker, allowing the dealer to mark up if they can. Arapahoe KIA did NOT up-sell. Or, at least they agreed to the price we landed on and it was all included.

Regardless, that stuff is extra and it never came up as extra stuff I would be paying for.

Anyone looking to buy a 2018 Stinger right now, I'd suggest you had/should get it decently under invoice. KIA's giving something good to the Dealers in a Factory to Dealer incentive I'm 99% sure of that. Mine was $5xx under invoice, thus I'm guessing they have at least another $2,000 to play with - maybe more.

INTERESTING: The final price for everything was around $5xx under invoice, yet when written up, they included a $599 dealer handling feel, so the car was technically $1,100 under invoice with their dealer fee built back in. Again, I agreed to a price with nothing above and beyond that - they agreed to that. Fine. Do what they want in breaking out that price, I got the final out the door price I wanted.

I assume they do this so they can keep $599 in their pockets immediately?... Whatever.

Also, if you buy and are financing via KMF (I did) I would have NOT had that $599 be rolled into the loan. I mean, I put a down, and then the remainder, but technically the 1/3rd I financed had 1/3rd of that dealer handling fee in it. Why on earth am I financing paperwork? Sheesh... But I was very tired after a good nights sleep thought about this concept the next day...

So try to finance ONLY the car, and pay in cash the tile, license, anything extra. My $.02 worth. Hope that helps someone.

In 5 days, I've put on $1,750 miles. But there ya go, it's broken in and running well. Can't complain. Really appreciated how much more quiet it is over my 2014 Mazda 6, and Apple Car Play - love it!

~OUT
Hey, congrats bud!

The factory NEVER adds things that are not included on the sticker.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

Congrats again!
Murlinator is correct (see below). I didn't trade it in. Just showed my title (proof of ownership of the Mazda), and presto, $3k off the Stinger. Just a marketing gimmick of shorts to justify giving another $3k off year-end Stingers. The list has almost every car on it! The one benefit of doing this for KIA is they get a lot of customer data in terms of who is buying Stingers - what they own.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hey, congrats bud!

The factory NEVER adds things that are not included on the sticker.
Very interesting. Perhaps all Stingers come with tinted windows?... Do they all come with the Xpel or 3m protectant? Online, you can order that, but they are extras... Very bizarre. I wonder if someone ordered it after the fact, the dealer put it on and they backed out? Just very strange IMO...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Very interesting. Perhaps all Stingers come with tinted windows?... Do they all come with the Xpel or 3m protectant? Online, you can order that, but they are extras... Very bizarre. I wonder if someone ordered it after the fact, the dealer put it on and they backed out? Just very strange IMO...
Not strange. Lot's of dealers do it. They add tint, door edge guards, rust proofing, digi-shield, etc.... to the cars and then try to make customers pay for it.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Thank you for the clarification, MarkyMark and MurlinatoR! I learn something new every day! :)

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Hello! I'm a new Stinger as of yesterday. Here are the details of my deal for a Premium RWD.

MSRP was 38,000
Lease for 36 months, 15 miles a year
I did not have trade in
$500 down
Monthly Payment tax included is 476

Very happy with deal and the car (great to have a RWD option at this price) . I was originally looking at GT1 trim. Had a deal for 36/15 for 575 a month with nothing down, just first month payment at inception. I really wanted to stay under 500 a month though.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Great deal. Congrats!

Hello! I'm a new Stinger as of yesterday. Here are the details of my deal for a Premium RWD.

MSRP was 38,000
I did not have trade in
$500 down

Very happy with deal and the car (great to have a RWD option at this price) . I was originally looking at GT1 trim. Had a deal for 36/15 for 575 a month with nothing down, just first month payment at inception. I really wanted to stay under 500 a month though.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

MSRP was 38,000
I did not have trade in
$500 down

Congrats! Great car!!! Well, at least with not having a trade-in, you won't be in sticker shock next go-around. That is, a lot of people find leasing attractive, because it'll be their first-ever lease, and they have a car to trade in, bring down the monthly payment, etc... But what some do not think about is in 36months, when they turn the car back in, now they have nothing to trade in and the lease prices without trade are far too high for them. So they move down in car class, or put a LOT of money down on the lease (not good), to get the low monthly, and they are stuck in the wheel.

For many it works just fine, as they have the budget figured out (like it seems you do), or their company pays for all or most of it, etc... But some I've seen might not know what they just got into exactly.

Again, congrats! Have fun breaking it in!