Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
Just bought mine today! Ceramic GT2 AWD.

Car was $47,500 after negotiating off MSRP, plus the $7900 lease cash and $1000 AWD off that. OTD was like $41,000.
Mind if I ask what dealership? Pm me if that?s better. I tried to buy already from 2 dealerships and both treated me like a poor when I tried to negotiate off MSRP, one dealer even suggesting I look at their Optimas since it was more in line with what I was looking to pay. Mind you I drove up to the dealership in a $65k 2016 GMC Yukon SLT. The lack of judgement he displayed by uttering that comment did me in. I was out the door in 3 minutes. So far I have been unimpressed with the Kia buying experience.

Anarchy99

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Mind if I ask what dealership? Pm me if that?s better. I tried to buy already from 2 dealerships and both treated me like a poor when I tried to negotiate off MSRP, one dealer even suggesting I look at their Optimas since it was more in line with what I was looking to pay. Mind you I drove up to the dealership in a $65k 2016 GMC Yukon SLT. The lack of judgement he displayed by uttering that comment did me in. I was out the door in 3 minutes. So far I have been unimpressed with the Kia buying experience.
No at all, Browns Kia in Manassas! They were ok, I just made my requests and there was back and forth etc

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
No at all, Browns Kia in Manassas! They were ok, I just made my requests and there was back and forth etc
*insert shameless plug here*

You can also come see me in the midwest! I'll take care of you!

*end shameless plug*

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
*insert shameless plug here*

You can also come see me in the midwest! I'll take care of you!

*end shameless plug*
Can you get hold of a ceramic gt1 red with the safety package?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]

When you buyout a lease early, do you pay the rent charge for the full term?

How do you calculate the cost prior to the residual value? It seems like there's the initial payment (out the door) then 1 months payment. Then you buy out the remainder and add that to the residual?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
[MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]

When you buyout a lease early, do you pay the rent charge for the full term?

How do you calculate the cost prior to the residual value? It seems like there's the initial payment (out the door) then 1 months payment. Then you buy out the remainder and add that to the residual?
First, no. You do NOT pay interest (rent) on a finance contract if the contract is paid early. It's the law.

As for the math, it's actually much simpler then you'd expect. It's simply the price of the car minus the lease incentive plus the acquisition fee plus the buy out fee plus the fees from the state that you reside (tax on the whole car, plates, title, registration, etc) plus dealer fees (doc, prep, etch, protection, etc). You will be paying interest in the first lease payment that is included in the deal and for any additional lease payment you choose to pay before buying the lease out.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Can you get hold of a ceramic gt1 red with the safety package?
[MENTION=487]Drabon74[/MENTION], give me a call on my direct line when you have time. (563) 445-4782

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 Stinger-TBD
Thanks for pointing that out. I have corrected that. Could you please see if the upfront sales tax and tax on cap reduction are calculated in a correct manner?

View attachment 1230
I believe that Texas is 6.5%, which would equal $3,120 on $48k.

myharpoon

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger AWD GT1
I drove an hour to pick up a Micro Blue AWD GT1 a few weeks ago for $41K (MSRP $46,405) which is about $2500 below invoice. I opted for the $6500 lease cash (instead of $2000 for purchasing) and will be buying out the lease shortly.

I was also offered $7500 for my trade-in (2011 Kia Sorento SX) which was more than $2000 higher than a local dealer offered.

Besides being an hour away, the dealer had to trade with an out-of-state dealer to get the color/model I wanted. The hassle was worth it in the end.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
I drove an hour to pick up a Micro Blue AWD GT1 a few weeks ago for $41K (MSRP $46,405) which is about $2500 below invoice. I opted for the $6500 lease cash (instead of $2000 for purchasing) and will be buying out the lease shortly.

I was also offered $7500 for my trade-in (2011 Kia Sorento SX) which was more than $2000 higher than a local dealer offered.

Besides being an hour away, the dealer had to trade with an out-of-state dealer to get the color/model I wanted. The hassle was worth it in the end.
Congrats!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Has anyone heard if KMF is now offering an additional $1k cash back (on top of the $2k if using KMF Financing?).

Got a call from a dealer yesterday claiming this was the case. However, when I asked him when the promotion would end, he had no idea. Captive financing only? He thought so.

Perhaps this is a factory to dealer incentive?

Lastly, does anyone know if KMF puts out regional promotions and lease rates above and beyond their National offers?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Has anyone heard if KMF is now offering an additional $1k cash back (on top of the $2k if using KMF Financing?).

Got a call from a dealer yesterday claiming this was the case. However, when I asked him when the promotion would end, he had no idea. Captive financing only? He thought so.

Perhaps this is a factory to dealer incentive?

Lastly, does anyone know if KMF puts out regional promotions and lease rates above and beyond their National offers?
National only.

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
National only.

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Matt! Just a local dealer throwing out nonsense - I'm pretty sure. Only option is a Factory to Dealer incentive and I'd want to see the sales sheet for validation... pretty sure there isn't one.

QUESTION: Off topic, but any rattles or such in your Stinger? How quiet is it on the HWY compared to what you had before?

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Hi everyone! New to the forum here. Test drove a GT AWD w/ driver assist and paint protection yesterday. Asking was ~39k (msrp ~$43k). I did not negotiate price at all just went in for the test drive as I'm still debating the next car between the stinger, q60, and s5. Obviously, the stinger wins the price battle. The car was fast and drove smooth with a beautiful purr to the twin turbo engine. I disliked the rear window. How can you see anything out of it? I'm a 5'6 female so maybe it's for taller people? I have a q50 at the moment so I want to stay with something with power.

What are people thinking regards to how much off msrp at the moment?
Are dealers doing 10% off msrp?
2019 are right around the corner and there are 4 available of this car in my region so I could have them compete for my business.
The cars have been sitting on the lot for a bit so I'm thinking they're ready to move them (there's snow in the dealer photos.)
I'll probably go the route of lease buyout since they still have the 5800 lease cash. The finance route might make sense in my case as well though because I get the tax credit for my trade and can take advantage of their low interest rate. I'd need to do the numbers out.

Has anyone considered what the value of the car will be later on a purchase? It is a Kia after all. I'm kinda worried about trade in value later.
Thoughts?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hi everyone! New to the forum here. Test drove a GT AWD w/ driver assist and paint protection yesterday. Asking was ~39k (msrp ~$43k). I did not negotiate price at all just went in for the test drive as I'm still debating the next car between the stinger, q60, and s5. Obviously, the stinger wins the price battle. The car was fast and drove smooth with a beautiful purr to the twin turbo engine. I disliked the rear window. How can you see anything out of it? I'm a 5'6 female so maybe it's for taller people? I have a q50 at the moment so I want to stay with something with power.

2019 are right around the corner and there are 4 available of this car in my region so I could have them compete for my business.
The cars have been sitting on the lot for a bit so I'm thinking they're ready to move them (there's snow in the dealer photos.)
I'll probably go the route of lease buyout since they still have the 5800 lease cash. The finance route might make sense in my case as well though because I get the tax credit for my trade and can take advantage of their low interest rate. I'd need to do the numbers out.

Has anyone considered what the value of the car will be later on a purchase? It is a Kia after all. I'm kinda worried about trade in value later.
Thoughts?
Hello [MENTION=1517]CorgiGeek[/MENTION]! Pleasure to have you on the forum! Not too many female opinions around here. LOL

I'm actually a Kia salesman and have been for almost 2 decades so I'm excited to see you shopping among such premier company!

As for price, if that was dealer discount WITHOUT rebates then it was a pretty good price. I'm guessing that it was including the $2,000 finance rebate. If so, as for another $1,000 off.

The 2019's will start showing up closer to the Thanksgiving holiday by my estimation. They're still a little ways away.

I leased my GT AWD two weeks ago and I'm going to buy the lease out in a couple of weeks.

What color car are you looking at?

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Hello [MENTION=1517]CorgiGeek[/MENTION]! Pleasure to have you on the forum! Not too many female opinions around here. LOL

I'm actually a Kia salesman and have been for almost 2 decades so I'm excited to see you shopping among such premier company!

As for price, if that was dealer discount WITHOUT rebates then it was a pretty good price. I'm guessing that it was including the $2,000 finance rebate. If so, as for another $1,000 off.

The 2019's will start showing up closer to the Thanksgiving holiday by my estimation. They're still a little ways away.

I leased my GT AWD two weeks ago and I'm going to buy the lease out in a couple of weeks.

What color car are you looking at?

Yes, the information on their website is showing that a bit of the price was a dealer discount and a $2k finance rebate. I agree I'd definitely push for atleast another $1k off and I think just like everyone else I'd do the lease buyout.

I saw in another forum post that you sprung for the yellow GT AWD - It looks sharp! I had a yellow car years ago, you always knew I was coming that's for sure. And the yellow pairs real well with the black accents.

I'm looking at Black on Black - There is 4 available in my area all with the same extras. My top color choice is the Ceramic Silver but that is the GT1 and the added features and color isn't justified for the increased price IMO.

I do have to say the test drive and stepping onto the Kia sales floor was a great experience. Kia was so hands off - They gave me the keys and said have fun. I was upfront and said I was still looking at other cars and needed to before deciding what to buy and they said let us know when you decide on the Stinger. It was so refreshing! I'm so used to when you walk into the store they practically have you sign your 3rd born away.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I did! LOL I really like the distinction of the accents and trim pieces with off colors. So, the yellow shows off the dark window trim and vents as well as the light chrome pieces. The brakes and tail lights still stand out.

Are you planning on blacking out yours once you get it? Wheels, windows, tail lights?

And hey, really giving up a THIRD born might not be that bad of a deal.... LMBO

CorgiGeek

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
I did! LOL I really like the distinction of the accents and trim pieces with off colors. So, the yellow shows off the dark window trim and vents as well as the light chrome pieces. The brakes and tail lights still stand out.

Are you planning on blacking out yours once you get it? Wheels, windows, tail lights?

And hey, really giving up a THIRD born might not be that bad of a deal.... LMBO

It's a definite yes on the window tint and smoked tail lights. For the various chrome parts and mirrors I'd consider doing a vinyl wrap in like forest green or burnt orange.
One of the reason I want the GT is for the wheels. I really like the style of the wheels so I'll probably leave those as-is.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

Thoughts?
Hello CorgiGeek,

I've received a few quotations (mostly SoCal). If purchasing and financing with KIA (meaning you get a $2,000 rebate on top of what you negotiate with the dealer), I have quotes for a GT, RWD, w/DriveWise that retails for $41,500 for about $36,500 and $35,700. Right around there give or take. That's WITH the $2k off.

So the $39k you have received, that's okay, but you get a few dealers involved and you'll notice some just won't budge, while some are willing to push to the floor to earn your business.

Everyone I've dealt with so far has been really good and very professional. I do 90% of my work via emails, so their is clear communication and a paper trail. Some dealers like to keep sending fresh emails and making it confusing (kinda a game) but I just copy/paste and keep the thread going...

Good luck!