Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5454748495051525354555657 LastLast
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by slackitude View Post
    I'm looking at this deal on a GT2 RWD.

$40,612 with lease rebate + 5% rebate from dealer. MSRP $50,100. 19% off feels like a pretty good deal to me.
    The Lease Cash is pretty hefty on the GT2 I believe (can't recall the number). But if at first, the dealer is taking off 5% only?... IMHO, that's not enough?... I would suggest going to AutoByTel.com and looking up the GT2 and seeing what the invoice is... Well, okay, here you go:

– Invoice is $46,150

Your $50,100 indicates the GT2 RWD w/Destination Fee and no additional items (such as wheel locks or remote start, etc...).

If you got a quote for invoice ($46,150) and then subtract the 36 month lease cash on top of that ($6,900), you end up with a quotation for: $39,250

Thus, their quotation appears to be about $1,400 over invoice. You're call, but hope that helps.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Thus, their quotation appears to be about $1,400 over invoice. You're call, but hope that helps.
    Yeah it helps, thanks. I know I haven't squeezed every last dollar out of the deal, but I may be OK with that. I pushed for another $1K, they told me to pound sand. Not one more cent off.

I don't need a new car today but I would like to get this done.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking at this deal on a GT2 RWD.

$40,612 with lease rebate + 5% rebate from dealer. MSRP $50,100. 19% off feels like a pretty good deal to me.
    Now is 40612 with drive off fees and taxes? or is this with 0$ down?

Staff Team 260 Rep Points robz32's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is not a bad deal at all in my opinion, that is a lot of car for 40k

Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it helps, thanks. I know I haven't squeezed every last dollar out of the deal, but I may be OK with that. I pushed for another $1K, they told me to pound sand. Not one more cent off.

I don't need a new car today but I would like to get this done.
    Right. Everyone has to feel comfortable with their decision at any price. I look at it this way: "How long do I need to work to make $1,400 after taxes?" Meaning, I need to make about $2,000 worth of a paycheck first, to pay the dealer - or anyone - $2,000.

In that case, I figure I can spend 30 minutes finding two more cars I want somewhat close, and then emailing those dealers and following up with a call or two to letting them know I'm serious.

At least, that's what I did for my Stinger. Let them know where things stood, didn't want to dicker, just get what they could offer and let them know where they would need to stand. One dealer didn't beat around the bush, got my objective, put me on hold for 5 minutes and came back and bang, didn't want others involved and gave me the price.

Best of luck! I pick mine up this Wednesday!

Now, does anyone want to buy a 2014 Mazda6 Soul Red near Portland, OR?! Ha!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koolwrench View Post
    Now is 40612 with drive off fees and taxes? or is this with 0$ down?
    $42,029.67 with taxes & fees. Not $0 down, it's $1000 down. I'm not strapped for cash, whatever is fine with me. But putting down as little as possible is my plan.

Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    $42,029.67 with taxes & fees. Not $0 down, it's $1000 down. I'm not strapped for cash, whatever is fine with me. But putting down as little as possible is my plan.
    If you are going to immediately buy it out, put nothing down. However, if you are leasing for most of the term (33 months or so until they come back with incentives), if you can work it to not put anything down, then don't. Here's why:

A. You have $1k more for the slightly higher payment a month, but the money is in your pocket. Cash flow in personal finances is always king.
    B. Should anything happen, you lose your job, need to get out of the lease, car accident and it's totaled, etc... You can't get that $1k back and now it's truly gone.
    C. Unforseen things happen, and you may need that $1k for such a time.

Oh no... Can you hear it coming? Dave Ramsey! Build up that $10k emergency fund ASAP!
    – You know things happen in life.
    – We act so surprised when they happen, when we know they will.
    – We save nothing for things we know can and will - at some point - happen.

"I can't believe my rent went up. I can't believe my laptop got stolen. I can't believe I got sick. I can't believe I need to repair my roof or gutters or or or (insert costly house maintain here - anything). I can't believe, I can't believe...

Well, believe if. Mayham is coming and no amount of insurance covers all the things that happen in life.

Keep the $1k, pay a bit more a month, but you will have that $1k to pay that monthly over time.

My $.02 worth.

NOTE: Yah, saving money, not buying what we cannot afford, leasing instead of waiting, etc... I'm like speaking "poison" on a car blog. LOL! "What do you mean I shouldn't lease? Oh, well I can't afford to purchase it, I'd never qualify for the loan, or I'd be so strapped for cash there's no way." Yah, like I said, this old guy telling others to be patient, not buy what they can't afford - poison on a car blog. I'll be banned for good! Ha!

And no, I have NO idea what your financial situation is. I have a friend who leases new Mercedes every two-years. Two of them and he could care less. He was the CEO of a health care company for 25 years. He's just fine.

So you do what you do and I'll do what I do and I'll shut up now. ; )

Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5454748495051525354555657 LastLast