Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
That is dealer baloney. It's a program, not per vehicle pricing. It is (my best understanding): Invoice - $500. That is the Costco system. It isn't per-vehicle, sheesh... They just know they can get a LOT more than that right now and don't want to sell at the price. Personally, I would complain to Costco corporate about this and the dealer stating as such. Again, I may be wrong, but go online. Hundreds of posts all over the place talking to this exact pricing, over and over and over. This answer simply does NOT wash...
Costco called me last night to apologize. They indeed stated it is not $250 off MSRP, but $500 off invoice. The dealer is now back tracking, since I assume Costco called and bitched him out, saying there must have been some sort of miscommunication. I have the text messages and there was no misscomunication.

I then asked for a 3rd time for the Costco Member Only Price Sheet. They won't fork it over. I said fine... Shoot me the price for a 36 Month Lease with $0 down. He replied with the price for 10k miles; $687/month.

That number, based on the Kia Lease Calculator at 12k miles and $0 down, is $43 more than the car at MSRP. The BS continues...

-Matt

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Costco called me last night to apologize. They indeed stated it is not $250 off MSRP, but $500 off invoice. The dealer is now back tracking, since I assume Costco called and bitched him out, saying there must have been some sort of miscommunication. I have the text messages and there was no misscomunication.

I then asked for a 3rd time for the Costco Member Only Price Sheet. They won't fork it over. I said fine... Shoot me the price for a 36 Month Lease with $0 down. He replied with the price for 10k miles; $687/month.

That number, based on the Kia Lease Calculator at 12k miles and $0 down, is $43 more than the car at MSRP. The BS continues...

-Matt
Remember that the Kia website does NOT include any of the state/lease fees that have to be added.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Remember that the Kia website does NOT include any of the state/lease fees that have to be added.
I understand. There can't me much off MSRP at that estimate though...

-Matt

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I understand. There can't me much off MSRP at that estimate though...

-Matt
Honestly, it could total close to $3,000 for fees depending on your tax rate, plate fees, and such.

What kind of Stinger do you want?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Honestly, it could total close to $3,000 for fees depending on your tax rate, plate fees, and such.

What kind of Stinger do you want?
I have a quote from a different dealer sitting right here along with that payment amount. All fees and stuff are just under $2k and the payment is not even $30 more. I don't see why the smoke and mirrors... I'm going to see the numbers when I walk in the door. I simply don't want to drive 40 miles and waste my time.

Is your store part of the program? Can you shed come clarity on the OTD price on a GT2?

-Matt

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I have a quote from a different dealer sitting right here along with that payment amount. All fees and stuff are just under $2k and the payment is not even $30 more. I don't see why the smoke and mirrors... I'm going to see the numbers when I walk in the door. I simply don't want to drive 40 miles and waste my time.

Is your store part of the program? Can you shed come clarity on the OTD price on a GT2?

-Matt
So, the reality is that Costco pricing is simply a list of dealers that agree to sell vehicles for a prearranged price. TrueCar is the exact same way. Dealers work with Costco or TrueCar on vehicles on their lot. The Stinger messes all of that up because it's a hot commodity and no one wants to give them away like a Rio or Forte.

That said, the OTD that we think of is two things, the price of the vehicle that you're buying AND the total of the fees that your state charges for registering a new vehicle. So, it's simply a price that is agreed upon plus the applicable fees. It's different for every car and buyer and state of residence.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States

-Matt
I think it varies by whatever agreement the dealership worked out with Costco.

I was quoted $2054 under MSRP, which is about $500 over invoice.

I could get another $400 off with military discount but I think I'd have to use Kia financing for that (is that accurate, MurlinatoR?).

So, all told the best I could get is $100 over invoice, which I still think is a good deal. Two problems for me--first they're located 9 hours away and second they only have blue (I'm still confused by all of the blue GTs).

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I think it varies by whatever agreement the dealership worked out with Costco.

I was quoted $2054 under MSRP, which is about $500 over invoice.

I could get another $400 off with military discount but I think I'd have to use Kia financing for that (is that accurate, MurlinatoR?).

So, all told the best I could get is $100 over invoice, which I still think is a good deal. Two problems for me--first they're located 9 hours away and second they only have blue (I'm still confused by all of the blue GTs).
No, you can have the military as long as you're either enlisted or honorably discharged AND have your DD-214.

What car do you want?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Here is a screenshot of why I chose the dealer that is further away... Costco Pricing PLUS another $550!

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 5.15.24 PM.png

-Matt

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
No, you can have the military as long as you're either enlisted or honorably discharged AND have your DD-214.

What car do you want?
I'm a simple fella...all I want is a white GT, which miraculously is the hardest combo to find in North America.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
RWD.

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Got it finally! Now let's factor in the $6500 lease incentive and see what we get... Oh, and the 15% off the window tint.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Got it finally! Now let's factor in the $6500 lease incentive and see what we get... Oh, and the 15% off the window tint.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
That's only $200 over invoice without the tint price. Great deal.

Side note: why the hell do dealerships.charge so much for tint? No way they paid a tint shop that much to do the job.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That's only $200 over invoice without the tint price. Great deal.

Side note: why the hell do dealerships.charge so much for tint? No way they paid a tint shop that much to do the job.
Because they are making up profit. Notice also the almost $500 doc fee. They are tacking on fees to make up for the price break.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
So here is what I am getting with a MF of 0.00199 and a residual vale of 52% (53% less 1% for 12k miles vs 10k). This is tax, but no title, license, or doc fees.

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 6.24.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 6.24.17 PM.png

Look accurate [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]?

-Matt

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
So here is what I am getting with a MF of 0.00199 and a residual vale of 52% (53% less 1% for 12k miles vs 10k). This is tax, but no title, license, or doc fees.

View attachment 406 View attachment 407

Look accurate [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]?

-Matt
That's reasonably close except the fees that you're missing. You probably have between $1,000-$1,500 in total so your payment will end up being in the upper $600's.

You also have to make sure how your state charges taxes on the lease. Some do up front and some do on the payment. That will also change your figures.

Leases are a mess to calculate properly.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
That's reasonably close except the fees that you're missing. You probably have between $1,000-$1,500 in total so your payment will end up being in the upper $600's.

You also have to make sure how your state charges taxes on the lease. Some do up front and some do on the payment. That will also change your figures.

Leases are a mess to calculate properly.

AZ is on the lease payments, not the full price of the vehicle.

-Matt