Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

kenmsax

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Congrats! Great car!!! Well, at least with not having a trade-in, you won't be in sticker shock next go-around. That is, a lot of people find leasing attractive, because it'll be their first-ever lease, and they have a car to trade in, bring down the monthly payment, etc... But what some do not think about is in 36months, when they turn the car back in, now they have nothing to trade in and the lease prices without trade are far too high for them. So they move down in car class, or put a LOT of money down on the lease (not good), to get the low monthly, and they are stuck in the wheel.

For many it works just fine, as they have the budget figured out (like it seems you do), or their company pays for all or most of it, etc... But some I've seen might not know what they just got into exactly.

Again, congrats! Have fun breaking it in!
Good point. My last car was stolen after owning it for only 3 and a half months. :(

With the lease cash offered on the Stingers right now, even if you want to buy, it might be cheaper to lease then refinance and pay it off.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats and welcome aboard [MENTION=1638]kenmsax[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Good point. My last car was stolen after owning it for only 3 and a half months. :(

With the lease cash offered on the Stingers right now, even if you want to buy, it might be cheaper to lease then refinance and pay it off.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Depends on the model. I got a GT w/AWD, and got $6k off from KIA, and then another $3,500+ from the dealer. So made more sense to finance. Until the conquest cash arrived, I would have leased and bought out. But with another $3k on the table, it didn't pencil, so the flat out purchasing made it more simple.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
HELP!

So I bought out my lease and I went to the TX tax assessor to change the title and they are trying to charge me tax! Is that right? Didn?t I pay tax when I got the lease? I have a sales tax receipt showing $2,400 from TX DMV. I am very confused here!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
HELP!

So I bought out my lease and I went to the TX tax assessor to change the title and they are trying to charge me tax! Is that right? Didn?t I pay tax when I got the lease? I have a sales tax receipt showing $2,400 from TX DMV. I am very confused here!
Wow, that is out of my league. Someone from Texas in the know help out yumdump!

What portion of the lease did you pay your $2,400 tax on? Was that your license and reg and NOT the sales tax? Or was it a sales tax just on the lease amount, and not the residual?... Hmmm...

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Basically for any title transfer you will be paying taxes. I would have to pay taxes to buy out my lease as well

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
And yet I have a receipt from Texas saying taxes have already been paid. So why am I paying them again!?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Are they charging you SALES tax or PROPERTY tax????

This is VERY important to understand. Many of the southern states charge BOTH sales and property tax on vehicles. I found this out when I lived in Georgia for a time.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
It?s just sales tax and it sure looks like they took the 6.25% when I signed the lease. About $2,400 right there on the contract.

mibomba

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Kia Optima
I am looking to lease a GT1 AWD with the driver assistance package. I know what the MSRP and Invoice is for this type of vehicle.

The issue is I have 10 months left on my Kia Optima which would cost me roughly $3,600 to roll over into a new lease.

In your opinion, at what price should the capitalized price be before the $6,300 rebate they are doing this month? What they are quoting me ($777) with the rollover of my old lease seems quite high. I think I can get them down $100 on a monthly basis if its at the invoice price. I am assuming 10,000 Miles per year and Tier 1 credit.

Would appreciate some insight on what would be the lowest I can reasonably get the dealer down before going into negotiation. Thanks.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Elantra GT
MurlinatoR-
Serious buyer here.
I assume you could register a new Stinger in FL from your dealership in IA. We currently have a 2015 Genesis V-6 Premium with a friend lined up to purchase.
We are interested in a 2019 Stinger Premium in White w/ Black interior. We have always purchased up to now, but we are toying with the idea of a lease for the Stinger.
We would like to compare purchase vs lease. On purchase, definitely not our first rodeo. 100 cars and counting. Yes, i am a gearhead.
Could we establish direct communication to discuss further?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
MurlinatoR-
Serious buyer here.
I assume you could register a new Stinger in FL from your dealership in IA. We currently have a 2015 Genesis V-6 Premium with a friend lined up to purchase.
We are interested in a 2019 Stinger Premium in White w/ Black interior. We have always purchased up to now, but we are toying with the idea of a lease for the Stinger.
We would like to compare purchase vs lease. On purchase, definitely not our first rodeo. 100 cars and counting. Yes, i am a gearhead.
Could we establish direct communication to discuss further?
Hey there [MENTION=1690]Wantastinger[/MENTION]! Happy Monday.

Yes Sir, you are more than welcome to call me. My direct line is (563) 445-4782.

-Jason

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Picked up my micro-blue 2018 GT2 today for $40,775. Purchase and finance through KIA.

That does not include WA state sales tax (a solid kick in the nuts for $3495) and Title/Reg/License ($337). This is the only time I ever wish I was an Oregon resident instead of Washington. LOL!

It felt to me like a really good deal, and driving it for the first time... wow. I have no words to describe it. :)

-Tim

20181023_131111.jpg

Last edited:

Fly'nRyan

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
Picked up my 2018 Red GT1 AWD on Friday. Live in WA but flew to ID to pick it up. Was initially looking for a base GT but dealers in Seattle and Portland were not willing to give 10% off MSRP on the few remaining 2018's so I took a deal on a GT1 too good to pass up.

MSRP : $46850
Dealer discount: -$6034 (left another $750 discount on the table as I did not have a trade in to qualify for that dealer discount)
Lease cash and AWD bonus cash: -$7300
final before taxes/fees: $33516

Thanks to everyone on here for sharing their experiences and helpful tips. Love this car.

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats Ryan!!

I actually thought hard about a GT1, but I've become too addicted to the ventilated seats in my Optima to give them up! LOL! I know Kia added them to the 2019 GT1s, but that would have cost me. There was a 2018 Panthera Metal GT1 up in Seattle that I thought long and hard about, too. But you're right - GT1's were not common at all in the PNW when I was looking as well. Several GT2s still available (most of them Red), but GT1's (and even GTs) were mostly gone.

Glad you found a good deal in ID! :)

-Tim

gtDC

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
After a year of lurking thinking about pulling the trigger today on a brand new 2019 GT2 AWD that's ~45k with local incentives.

What do people think - good price?

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
45K I think for a 19 GT2 is about the best price I've seen so far, but of course I could be wrong.

Pre-congrats, if you decide to go with it! :)

-Tim

Lenny3332

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
So finally was able to test drive a GT2. MSRP is 53 and change. Dealership will do the lease buy back for 40, 500. 2 questions: 1. Is that price fair in general? 2. Would KIA ever be an option in terms of doing the financing after I take the lease or will it have to be an independent bank? I would love to get some sort of special rate. Many thanks!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2