Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Thanks for the response MurlinatoR. In Mass they won't due anything lower than $49,000 for the lease. I have walked from three deals and called eight dealers a couple in Mass, RI and one in CT. This is the best deal I have gotten so far. I suppose I could wait and see if someone eventually will do a 47,200 price for the negotiated price of the vehicle for the lease but that hasn't happened yet. I figure I have 2 options here fight for more off the discount price for the lease or try to get more off the purchase price to make the difference less. I think there is one mistake in my calculations and that is I believe in Mass I would also pay tax on the lease cash which I didn't do in the spreadsheet if I did that then the difference between the two is $1317.18. Does it appear that my logic is ok though does the math look reasonably correct?

View attachment 1190
Wow, they won't lease for the same starting price as a sale? That makes NO sense... I can only assume they figure they know they are saving you some money at the end of the day, so they are squeezing to see if they can pocket some also and you'll cave? That's the only reason a dealer would do this that I can think of. To put a bit more into their pocket instead of giving you the same deal - that's not cool...

Secondly, I don't know the situation, but if you have two trade-ins, and you need wheels until this is all done, why not sell one? You'll never get the value of cars trading them in vs selling them on the open market. Just a thought.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Pushed them today on the MSRP rediction and they wouldn't budge. I am going to try to get another $800 to $600 off the purchase deal. They are actually stepping up for my trades. The next time will be easier with one or no trade. The deal is ok for my region.
Good luck Mr. Chum-ster! Let us know how it all goes down.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
Thanks I need good luck for sure with this purchase.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
For anybody in the MD area looking for a deal, I am about to finalize a lease.
If you let me know trim/package and the price you want to pay (without incentives), I will try to leverage my guy with the opportunity of 2 sales.

I know they have a Black GT RWD with Drive Wise and Power Moonroof and red interior that has been on their lot for a while.

I think they would be very flexible, especially since it is the end of the month.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thanks for the response MurlinatoR. In Mass they won't due anything lower than $49,000 for the lease. I have walked from three deals and called eight dealers a couple in Mass, RI and one in CT. This is the best deal I have gotten so far. I suppose I could wait and see if someone eventually will do a 47,200 price for the negotiated price of the vehicle for the lease but that hasn't happened yet. I figure I have 2 options here fight for more off the discount price for the lease or try to get more off the purchase price to make the difference less. I think there is one mistake in my calculations and that is I believe in Mass I would also pay tax on the lease cash which I didn't do in the spreadsheet if I did that then the difference between the two is $1317.18. Does it appear that my logic is ok though does the math look reasonably correct?

View attachment 1190
How about you negotiate as if you are going to buy it. Then when they send you to the finance person, ask them to do it up as a lease as well as a purchase for comparison purposes and insist that they use your negotiated price.
Then take the lease.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I think I just found an excellent deal. I just need you all to confirm and encourage me.
If it's as god as I think, I will sign tomorrow

GT 1 RWD /Drive Wise
MSRP $46,220
Negotiated Price $41,000 (11% off Sticker)
MF .00233
Resid 51%
Lease Cash - $6600

I will roll the tax /fees/ damage waiver ($3460) in the monthly payment.

$550 a month
1st payment dues at signing.

Rhetoric

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What are you guys looking at with dealer fees? I'm being quoted 990 destination and 699 processing in VA. Seems high?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
What are you guys looking at with dealer fees? I'm being quoted 990 destination and 699 processing in VA. Seems high?
Destination is built into every vehicle MSRP. The $700 processing is garbage. Our doc fee is $180 and we register every car with a vin etch ins policy for $299.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Hi All,

I finally did it! After tons of research and sloughing thru many nightmarish dealerships, I leased my GT2 this past Friday!

I originally planned on leasing a GT, but they gave me such a good price, I left with a GT2.
According to TrueCar, I got it at an exceptional price - more than 8% off MSRP.
That is before the $8,900 in rebates. 7900 Lease Cash / 1000 AWD.

The dealership I worked with was unbelievable from beginning to end.
I can't say enough good things about them.

If you live in the Baltimore, MD area I really encourage you to contact them.
Koons KIA (888) 797-8293
Ask for James Brandon or Russ Allen (manager)

Tell them that Mike sent you.
I promise you won't be sorry.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Hello,

I am about to purchase a Stinger GT2 AWD and I have two deals a lease buyout and a purchase. I cannot decide between the two these are the best deals I can get in this area and I have walked away many times to get to these numbers. I have two trades so I cannot buy from a great distance for both deals I get the trade value I want. To me it looks like the Lease Cash with Buyout is about a $1,800 savings here are the two deals can someone please verify I am doing the math correctly I think I got it all correct but if someone could take a quick look to verify.

View attachment 1188
What's the payment end up at with the new incentive / MF?

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
Congrats Mike!!! :)

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Thanks Tim!

ghedoicy,

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I rather not share the final number.
I will tell you that is was better than almost all the other numbers I saw in this forum and the other stinger forum.
Over 8.5% off MSRP before the $8900 rebates.
I started out looking for a GT and ended up with a GT2 for not much more.
According to True Car I am in the exceptional price range with one other person (nationally).

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
What's the payment end up at with the new incentive / MF?
Matt I just did a regular purchase as the 2 vehicle trade limited me and I am not experienced with leasing and was afraid of being taken with hidden stuff. Next time I will only have one trade or no trade and will definitely do the lease cash and buyout if offered down the road as that is definitely the way to got. I got a GT2 Aurora Black with Red Leather interior, all season tires, and factory paint protection package for 46,800 and got an extended warranty for $1600 (not sure if I will keep that but it seemed like a good deal). I got top KBB for both my vehicles and only paid $200 in taxes after my trades. I also got the 0.9%/72month financing. All in all I think I did ok not great and not the buyout but if you calculate interest savings, fees, etc. I am only off from the lease buyout by about $1,800-$2200. I will most likely buy out of state next time and have the car shipped it would be easier than buying where I live to be honest.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Thanks Tim!

ghedoicy,

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I rather not share the final number.
I will tell you that is was better than almost all the other numbers I saw in this forum and the other stinger forum.
Over 8.5% off MSRP before the $8900 rebates.
I started out looking for a GT and ended up with a GT2 for not much more.
According to True Car I am in the exceptional price range with one other person (nationally).
Jerk! Jk... I ask because I want to know if not waiting a week screwed me. PM me?

-Matt

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Jerk! Jk... I ask because I want to know if not waiting a week screwed me. PM me?

-Matt

Speaking of waiting, the new August KFM offers should now be out, yes?... Anyone see them posted yet?

maxwayne

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mustang
Hi,
I have been looking to lease a Kia Stinger GT2 AWD in Houston, TX. I got to know that we need to pay tax on the full selling price of the vehicle when leased in Texas.

Based on the assumed selling price (negotiated price) of 48k, could someone please verify if I have calculated the numbers correctly for a Texas lease?Other numbers are based on the July lease matrix I found at this website and not from a dealer quote. Assuming cash down of 3,000.

I have my doubts over these two numbers -
1. Upfront sales tax
2. tax on the Cap cost reduction.

Thanks!

Kia Stinger GT 2 Lease.png

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Hi,
I have been looking to lease a Kia Stinger GT2 AWD in Houston, TX. I got to know that we need to pay tax on the full selling price of the vehicle when leased in Texas.

Based on the assumed selling price (negotiated price) of 48k, could someone please verify if I have calculated the numbers correctly for a Texas lease?Other numbers are based on the July lease matrix I found at this website and not from a dealer quote. Assuming cash down of 3,000.

I have my doubts over these two numbers -
1. Upfront sales tax
2. tax on the Cap cost reduction.

Thanks!

View attachment 1229
Acq fee is $650.

Bballhog

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 Silky Silver Red in

maxwayne

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mustang
Thanks for pointing that out. I have corrected that. Could you please see if the upfront sales tax and tax on cap reduction are calculated in a correct manner?

kia-stinger-gt2.png

Anarchy99

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Just bought mine today! Ceramic GT2 AWD.

Car was $47,500 after negotiating off MSRP, plus the $7900 lease cash and $1000 AWD off that. OTD was like $41,000.