Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

johnstred

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lexus GS
I got the end of the month call. They will do the $28k I wanted for my trade. It's Stinger time!

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats! Let's see what I will be bale to do... for the first time, getting push back on the sales tax piece, Matt....even though I do have an offer from Audi and Jaguar. Question, at what stage of the lease formula does the $6500 lease cash kick in? Up front subtracted form the negotiated sales price or at the end once you have your total; lease amount and you subtract from that? (The latter scenario how my last Lexus lease was done)

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Congrats! Let's see what I will be bale to do... for the first time, getting push back on the sales tax piece, Matt....even though I do have an offer from Audi and Jaguar. Question, at what stage of the lease formula does the $6500 lease cash kick in? Up front subtracted form the negotiated sales price or at the end once you have your total; lease amount and you subtract from that? (The latter scenario how my last Lexus lease was done)
Good morning [MENTION=1220]johnstred[/MENTION]! Happy Thursday!!!!

The answer is YES. The lease incentive comes off right at the top immediately because it's a rebate. Then you can buy it out of the lease contract and either pay it off or put it in a loan contract with your bank.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
It's taxable, right? So not off the top.

-Matt

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Check DM's please!

-Matt

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
I got the end of the month call. They will do the $28k I wanted for my trade. It's Stinger time!

-Matt

Congrats Matt! You are my hero! I'll be positioning for the same kind of call/email at the end of September or October!!!

~Mark

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Testing if I'm being foolish. Price might be gone for now since we carried over the end of the month but:

GT with the drivewise package and LSD, no other options.

Sticker is 41,050.

Offer from the dealer was
$35,200 purchase price
+$350 title, license, and doc fee
+state required taxes

I know its a fine deal that normally I would have jumped on BUT it is the only color I dislike. Is this deal so good I should overlook the color or are other people seeing similar offers and I should just hold out for a red one.

Sidenote, anyone know how a non-yellow GT ended up with the LSD? Is that going to become more common now or is this a unicorn?
THAT IS A DEAL! There is a GT I'm looking at in NoCal, same package (but it isn't called Drive Wise w/LSD, it's called a Special Edition Package and it's not $2k, it's actually $1600! Since when is a Special Edition package with an extra feature (LSD on top of Drive Wise), less?! I don't get it, but I like it!

Likely be gone by September/October, but I'll be hunting around for sure.

The June KMF pricing/lease sheet is good though June 6th I believe. After that, we shall see if Kia's changed the game a bit...

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
THAT IS A DEAL! There is a GT I'm looking at in NoCal, same package (but it isn't called Drive Wise w/LSD, it's called a Special Edition Package and it's not $2k, it's actually $1600! Since when is a Special Edition package with an extra feature (LSD on top of Drive Wise), less?! I don't get it, but I like it!

Likely be gone by September/October, but I'll be hunting around for sure.

The June KMF pricing/lease sheet is good though June 6th I believe. After that, we shall see if Kia's changed the game a bit...
I stand corrected - June 9th is the end of this current KMF pricing sheet. That would be a Monday as the last day for the current offers BTW.

johnstred

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lexus GS
Finally did it, brought home a brand new Stinger GT2, ceramic silver with red interior; remote start installed. Loving the car so far!
MSRP $53,369... negotiated to $48,804. paid cash... (via a balloon loan from Kia Finance that added an additional $6500 discount, which I will pay off in full with first bill). So basically, out the door for $46,400 flat with sales tax and all fees included!
I feel really good about it!

PS: Now trying to have a nerve to replace the front hood badge with the E-badge, already replaced the wheel ones.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Finally did it, brought home a brand new Stinger GT2, ceramic silver with red interior; remote start installed. Loving the car so far!
MSRP $53,369... negotiated to $48,804. paid cash... (via a balloon loan from Kia Finance that added an additional $6500 discount, which I will pay off in full with first bill). So basically, out the door for $46,400 flat with sales tax and all fees included!

PS: Now trying to have a nerve to replace the front hood badge with the E-badge, already replaced the wheel ones.
Welcome and congratulations! I ordered the front emblem. Order wheel caps today.

-Matt

johnstred

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lexus GS
Welcome and congratulations! I ordered the front emblem. Order wheel caps today.

-Matt

Matt, how difficult is it to replace the logos on the hood, trunk? I have the youTube videos but still nervous to do it myself...

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Matt, how difficult is it to replace the logos on the hood, trunk? I have the youTube videos but still nervous to do it myself...
Hood is easy... But there is a 3rd "prong" on the Korean badge that needs to be cut off and flattened smooth.

You talking Stinger badge for trunk? If so a little harder because you need to fill in the holes left.

-Matt

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

Congratulations! The way I'm reading this, is Kia Finance provided the $2k rebate money (available if you do some financing via KMF - Kia Motors Finance), and negotiated off the rest to arrive at $46,400. However it worked, that's a deal. Enjoy!

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
I am looking at a deal for a GT2 AWD Black with Red Interior, here is the deal.

MSRP $52,625 (has paint package and winter tires)

Negotiated Price: $47,2000 with the 0.9%/72month financing

The total will be less because of equity in my trades but I figure this gives others a sense of the deal I think it is a decent deal. Also I have two trades and they gave me within $800 of what I was asking. My two trades together have a trade value of $44k so I will only pay taxes on $3,200 which is $200 in Mass. I will save over the life of my loan $1800 from the best financing I could personally get for the car. I was going to do the lease cash but no dealer so far will give me better than a price of $49,800 for the car then the lease incentive and then you have acquisition fee and buyout fee and you have to pay full tax so I might save possibly $1200-1800 depending if I can do better with negotiation. I did get an offer for a deal for the same car in Hi-Chroma Red for $41,900 with lease cash and discount from MSRP, and they will match my trade value but like I said previously when you add back what you give up in financing, fees, taxes it comes very close to the current deal I have.

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
I am looking at a deal for a GT2 AWD Black with Red Interior, here is the deal.

MSRP $52,625 (has paint package and winter tires)

Negotiated Price: $47,2000 with the 0.9%/72month financing

The total will be less because of equity in my trades but I figure this gives others a sense of the deal I think it is a decent deal. Also I have two trades and they gave me within $800 of what I was asking. My two trades together have a trade value of $44k so I will only pay taxes on $3,200 which is $200 in Mass. I will save over the life of my loan $1800 from the best financing I could personally get for the car. I was going to do the lease cash but no dealer so far will give me better than a price of $49,800 for the car then the lease incentive and then you have acquisition fee and buyout fee and you have to pay full tax so I might save possibly $1200-1800 depending if I can do better with negotiation. I did get an offer for a deal for the same car in Hi-Chroma Red for $41,900 with lease cash and discount from MSRP, and they will match my trade value but like I said previously when you add back what you give up in financing, fees, taxes it comes very close to the current deal I have.
They can't match the $41k on the Black?

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
They can't match the $41k on the Black?
No because that is using the lease cash and I am doing a purchase so I don't pay sales tax and can get better financing. The lease cash is great but there are $950 worth of fees and you don't get the ability to subtract purchase and trade to get the tax reduction which in my situation is like losing $2100, then I would be paying around $1800 more in financing so to me it seems comparable. I know it is hard to fathom that $7900 off the purchase would be consumed by these things but a significant amount of that savings is lost in my situation at least. if I had no trades it would be the other way around.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and need your help.
I think I have an excellent lease deal and want to make sure I'm correct.
I plan on signing this Monday. I live in MD so I get taxed on the entire price of the car 6%

GT1 with Drive Wise / LSD
36 months / 12k Miles
No money down
Tax/ Bank Fee/ DMV / Damage Waiver included
First month payment due at signing.

$569.23 out the door

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
No because that is using the lease cash and I am doing a purchase so I don't pay sales tax and can get better financing. The lease cash is great but there are $950 worth of fees and you don't get the ability to subtract purchase and trade to get the tax reduction which in my situation is like losing $2100, then I would be paying around $1800 more in financing so to me it seems comparable. I know it is hard to fathom that $7900 off the purchase would be consumed by these things but a significant amount of that savings is lost in my situation at least. if I had no trades it would be the other way around.
Why not sell your car privately?

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 bmw x5
Oh because it would take a while to sell my car it is a 2015 SuperCharged Mustang GT with a 6 spd and I am getting a very good trade value from the dealer and if you figure the tax reduction it is almost what I paid for it. I must admit I am getting a real good trade value for my vehicle from the dealer.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
$47,2000 is still a great deal. Better than what I got.