Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Credit where it's due. Very sharp, provided there isn't anything in the fine print to prohibit the buy back you describe but like you said I could be illegal to not allow a buy back. Hmm...
    I came from a different perspective guys. Kia made the car and I said "I'LL TAKE ONE, WHERE DO I GET IN LINE". All this calculating is moot. I understand wanting to get a great deal. But the car is a great deal. As far as I'm concerned I saved $30000 vs an Audi A7 and got a better looking car to boot. I bought the 7 year 200K warranty and that will protect my resale value at time of sale. In between purchase and sell date I'm having fun fun fun. And let Kia have some dough to make another great car. I'll be in line for that one too. Maybe a killer hybrid Stinger. Call it the SHOCKER! LOL.
    Congrats Steve O! Glad to keep seeing people really enjoying the car. I'm still saving. For me, this will be my most expensive car purchase by about $10k! A huge jump for me. Current car $24,995 (Mazda6 Touring w/Tech), and previous also $25,000 for Nissan Maxima. So from my perspective/pocket book, looking to maximize every penny.

Medals
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

All good MarkyMark. I went 8 years with my Saab 9-5 AERO before getting back into a car payment. So I was expecting to have to pay 65 to 75 for what I wanted then the Stinger came along and the rest is history. Frankly I didn't see the value in paying 65 or 75 for a car lacking in personality spirit, style and exclusivity. So when the Stinger came a long, as they say... a no brainer.
    As for you, I understand how important it is to be careful with money. Yet here you are wanting a car well beyond what you need. Join the club! LOL

Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    All good MarkyMark. I went 8 years with my Saab 9-5 AERO before getting back into a car payment. So I was expecting to have to pay 65 to 75 for what I wanted then the Stinger came along and the rest is history. Frankly I didn't see the value in paying 65 or 75 for a car lacking in personality spirit, style and exclusivity. So when the Stinger came a long, as they say... a no brainer.
    As for you, I understand how important it is to be careful with money. Yet here you are wanting a car well beyond what you need. Join the club! LOL
    @Steve O, how did your new suspension work out the back end control? Did it help? How does that work with the electronics working with the suspension? Does it just auto-adapt or does it think the old system is still in place?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managed to nab a White GT1 RWD with the Advanced Driver Assistance Package and Red Interior Package a couple weeks ago in Tennessee at Kia of Chattanooga (loving the car ever since the test drive). Originally they had it listed for $46,255.

Total price after all fees, taxes, and addons: $49,955

Vehicle w/ ADA Package: $43,380
    Tax: $2517
    Fees and Tags: $709
    Upgrade Warranty to 5yr / 100k on 100% of vehicle, $0 deduct: $2,452
    5yr Premier Defense Paint Sealant (God the roads suck here!): $299
    5yr Safe Key (Ask me how often I lose my keys...): $399
    Window Anti-Theft etch (nabs me an Ins discount!): $199

Didn't feel too bad splurging for some of the extra protections considering I managed to essentially get the car at MSRP and have them throw in the $2K ADA package for free.

Had to take a slight hit on the trade in ( ~$1900 on a 2013 Optima SXL) but I've been eyeballing this car since concept drawings so I was all in lol. Plus I was coming up on the warranty on that car, so what better time to trade it in :)

Staff Team 31 Rep Points ghedoicy's Avatar
    Medals
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killa200 View Post
    Managed to nab a White GT1 RWD with the Advanced Driver Assistance Package and Red Interior Package a couple weeks ago in Tennessee at Kia of Chattanooga (loving the car ever since the test drive). Originally they had it listed for $46,255.

Total price after all fees, taxes, and addons: $49,955

Vehicle w/ ADA Package: $43,380
    Tax: $2517
    Fees and Tags: $709
    Upgrade Warranty to 5yr / 100k on 100% of vehicle, $0 deduct: $2,452
    5yr Premier Defense Paint Sealant (God the roads suck here!): $299
    5yr Safe Key (Ask me how often I lose my keys...): $399
    Window Anti-Theft etch (nabs me an Ins discount!): $199

Didn't feel too bad splurging for some of the extra protections considering I managed to essentially get the car at MSRP and have them throw in the $2K ADA package for free.

Had to take a slight hit on the trade in ( ~$1900 on a 2013 Optima SXL) but I've been eyeballing this car since concept drawings so I was all in lol. Plus I was coming up on the warranty on that car, so what better time to trade it in :)
    Payment?

-Matt

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2018 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD | Snow White Pearl on Black Nappa

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$705 on a 75 @ 3.9% (There some cash down in that as well). Didn't hurt my feelings to bad because I'll more than likely refi again at the local bank I use for under 3% in a few months. (This was my bad, I just happen to be in Chattanooga with a friend that was in from the UK and we were like "Oooh, lets go look at a the Stingers they have in" earlier that day. So I didn't get a chance to just straight finance it at my bank.)

Funny story though, we drove a silver base around at first (They also had a black Premium 2.0T on the floor) and then when we got back I asked if they had anything in 3.3T. "Well the manager is in our White GT1, he left home a bit ago." I said told them if they could get me out the door at $700 a month, I would hope he didn't mind bringing me my car back to the lot. He did not mind at all, lol.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa200 View Post
    $705 on a 75 @ 3.9% (There some cash down in that as well). Didn't hurt my feelings to bad because I'll more than likely refi again at the local bank I use for under 3% in a few months. (This was my bad, I just happen to be in Chattanooga with a friend that was in from the UK and we were like "Oooh, lets go look at a the Stingers they have in" earlier that day. So I didn't get a chance to just straight finance it at my bank.)

Funny story though, we drove a silver base around at first (They also had a black Premium 2.0T on the floor) and then when we got back I asked if they had anything in 3.3T. "Well the manager is in our White GT1, he left home a bit ago." I said told them if they could get me out the door at $700 a month, I would hope he didn't mind bringing me my car back to the lot. He did not mind at all, lol.
    Congrats! Did you purchase yours from Kia of Chattanooga?

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast