Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Exactly. I owned a c63 and an s6 previously. This car has many elements of those types of automobiles, but the dealer experience was SO bad. At the end of the day I still feel like I walked away with a special car, but the dealership experience nearly killed it for me. I even got the "ahhh, you have a Kia Stinger credit score". I don't doubt that this car is special - but it seems a bit wasted on your typical Kia dealer. It sounds bad, but the Stinger should be a car that attracts those German car folks. You won't get many of those types without improving the overall process. BTW, I totally pulled a 550i off a stoplight today. At the next stop sign he rolled down his window and asked what I had done to the car. I told him I recently washed it ????

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
exactly. I owned a c63 and an s6 previously. This car has many elements of those types of automobiles, but the dealer experience was so bad. At the end of the day i still feel like i walked away with a special car, but the dealership experience nearly killed it for me. I even got the "ahhh, you have a kia stinger credit score". I don't doubt that this car is special - but it seems a bit wasted on your typical kia dealer. It sounds bad, but the stinger should be a car that attracts those german car folks. You won't get many of those types without improving the overall process. Btw, i totally pulled a 550i off a stoplight today. At the next stop sign he rolled down his window and asked what i had done to the car. I told him i recently washed it ????
lolololololololol

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I just want to state how sorry I am for the experience that you guys have been receiving in the process of getting your cars.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I agree with many of the other comments. The buying experience was very very underwhelming and frustrating. I couldn?t even get a cup of coffee in the dealership. I asked and the salesman?s said sorry we don?t have coffee. What?, so i?m buying a $50k car and can?t even get 25 cent cup of coffee while we discuss it? You got to be kidding me! Then I get the number shuffling to try to confuse me in the buying process. Dammit, just give me the price, sell me the car and give me a friggen cup of coffee!

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
what do the numbers look like on paper, it's pretty confusing what they showed me
Sorry jaygee15, missed your reply earlier. Sorry for the long post but here's how my numbers worked out. It can be confusing but I believe the math works out. However, I'm only an electrical engineer so I could have something wrong. Finance people always find a way to perplex me...

In my case car was a GT2 AWD with MSRP of $52500. Negotiated price was $48,699.
The key is the negotiated price. If you do the lease cash deal make sure the negotiated price is used.

Here's the gross capitalization cost which is what the ?real' cost is :
73A52354-0E6E-4FB9-9B53-D27C48B75750.jpeg

(sorry for the poor images, Kia needs to get in the 21st century and quit using stupid forms in printers. Just pdf the whole thing)

Note the tax is on the depreciated amount of the car over the lease term plus the ?rent' charge. They also add in the acquisition fee and any other dealer extras. They got me here for the ?road & key', what ever that is, so watch for these dealer add ins.

Next in part B below they add my down payment (trade in) to the $7000 lease cash rebate for a total of $12000.

F840EA3C-3BC9-4538-9C54-D004E4E8C798.jpg

This total is the total down payment. They then take out the taxes, lic/reg fees and first month lease payment from this as shown in part A above. Note you have to pay sales tax on the lease cash since it is a rebate not a discount. This is the tax in part A. Once these are subtracted from the ?down payment', the rest ?buy's down' the lease, in my case by $10780.37. The lease amount is then based on the remaining amount minus the residual plus the interest (rent charge) divided over the 36 months.

As a side note, I plan to buy out this lease however somehow my paperwork got screwed up and Kia took over 6 weeks to get my account set up. I had to make an additional payment before I could get my buy out quote. So my buy out is $41755 which i'm still checking but I think sounds right. It includes a close out fee plus the tax on the ?residual' amount, but since I made two lease payments, it's hard to figure the exact amount. Interestingly note the warning on the bottom of the second figure above. The buyout quote dosn't appear to have anything crazy like that in it.

Hope this helps, if not too late.

BlaydeX15

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
...Interestingly note the warning on the bottom of the second figure above. The buyout quote dosn't appear to have anything crazy like that in it.

Hope this helps, if not too late.
Pretty sure that just applies if you drop out of the lease. Don't pay, turn the car back in, etc. The page that includes your lease terms and MF mentions a buyout fee, but the dealer didn't give me a copy of that page (??) when I left.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Exactly. I owned a c63 and an s6 previously. This car has many elements of those types of automobiles, but the dealer experience was SO bad. At the end of the day I still feel like I walked away with a special car, but the dealership experience nearly killed it for me. I even got the "ahhh, you have a Kia Stinger credit score". I don't doubt that this car is special - but it seems a bit wasted on your typical Kia dealer. It sounds bad, but the Stinger should be a car that attracts those German car folks. You won't get many of those types without improving the overall process. BTW, I totally pulled a 550i off a stoplight today. At the next stop sign he rolled down his window and asked what I had done to the car. I told him I recently washed it ????
While my dealer experience was very different, I did get my cup of coffee, bottled water, no run around with numbers and prices, and even got a discount on OEM accessories for the Stinger. I have to agree that the overall experience needs to be more refined if KIA intends to attract folks from the higher end brands, I understand that it will also mean higher overhead, but that will pay itself off if they keep making vehicles like the Stinger.
[MENTION=1107]SeansARobot[/MENTION] That was golden, ROFL

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Pretty sure that just applies if you drop out of the lease. Don't pay, turn the car back in, etc. The page that includes your lease terms and MF mentions a buyout fee, but the dealer didn't give me a copy of that page (??) when I left.
Yes I believe you are correct. I also discussed early payoff with the dealer finance guy and he assured me that that there was no early payoff penalty.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
While my dealer experience was very different, I did get my cup of coffee, bottled water, no run around with numbers and prices, and even got a discount on OEM accessories for the Stinger. I have to agree that the overall experience needs to be more refined if KIA intends to attract folks from the higher end brands, I understand that it will also mean higher overhead, but that will pay itself off if they keep making vehicles like the Stinger.

[MENTION=1107]SeansARobot[/MENTION] That was golden, ROFL
That's great, as with any dealerships some are better than others. I'll just have to start traveling to Iowa and see @MulinatoR; to do my Kia shopping. [driving]

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
That's great, as with any dealerships some are better than others. I'll just have to start traveling to Iowa and see @MulinatoR; to do my Kia shopping. [driving]
[MENTION=877]blesken[/MENTION], you don't even understand. LOL

Seriously, my prices are strong and my customer service will rival that of a Luxury experience!

I wish more folks took the opportunity to let me take care of them. Everyone complains about dealers trying to rip them off and treat them like crap but won't take the easy option with me. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
[MENTION=877]blesken[/MENTION], you don't even understand. LOL

Seriously, my prices are strong and my customer service will rival that of a Luxury experience!

I wish more folks took the opportunity to let me take care of them. Everyone complains about dealers trying to rip them off and treat them like crap but won't take the easy option with me. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Ha ha ha, hey I believe you, wish many other?s had the same attitude.

I?ll see how service goes at my dealership, hopefully better. If not, the good news is a new Kia dealership just opened near by, I can always give them a try.

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
Good morning I am brand new here so I have a question. I went online and built a fully loaded GT2 with accessories and the build came out to $52,870. I sent it out for quotes to several dealers and one dealer in particular came back with a price of $43,600. My question is does this seem legit? The dealer is in NJ and it is a very large dealer.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Sounds too low. There will be a catch. Perhaps a lemon law car (branded) or a demo car, or an accident car, or certified used, or a mistake, or even a bait and switch. Let us know though we are all very curious because nobody here had gotten $9K off that?s for sure!

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
I know sounds fishy. I will speak to them on Monday and fill you in

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
May have included lease cash in the quote. I?d ask if it does, I?d also ask if it was a demo and how many miles are on it.

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
I don't want a demo so that would be off the table unless it had maybe 100 miles on it

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I agree call the dealer to see if it was a dealer demo. That price is too good to be true.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It's including the lease/balloon cash. That's the only possibility.

Welcome, by the way! LOL

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
Taking a ride to NJ tomorrow!! Let you know what the deal is.