Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The Return to Sands

Man, reading this makes my blood boil. Like you are not gonna see numbers before you sign... I'd go back and waste their time and get all the way to financing and say eat a dick!

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It just so happens I'm going back to Sands Kia tonight along with my fiance. They will most likely try to divide us but we would be using each other as the authority figures. She's a great woman but she does put the capital C in a word that rhymes with ****.

We'll see what tactics and tricks they use. Honestly if they can be upfront about the costs I would probably be in the Stinger right now. So many dealerships are just having me walk out because they can't honestly discuss numbers.

These methods would never work anywhere else. Could you imagine going to the grocery store be and being told they can't tell you much your groceries are unless you are seriously looking to purchase them?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
It just so happens I'm going back to Sands Kia tonight along with my fiance. They will most likely try to divide us but we would be using each other as the authority figures. She's a great woman but she does put the capital C in a word that rhymes with ****.

We'll see what tactics and tricks they use. Honestly if they can be upfront about the costs I would probably be in the Stinger right now. So many dealerships are just having me walk out because they can't honestly discuss numbers.

These methods would never work anywhere else. Could you imagine going to the grocery store be and being told they can't tell you much your groceries are unless you are seriously looking to purchase them?
I'm sorry [MENTION=1089]Dan_Harkinz[/MENTION] that you're going through all of this. If you're still treated poorly, PM me and I'll find you a car and take care of you.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Good luck. Just remember to not tell them you want to lease until AFTER you negotiate the final sale price. They will try to act like they are giving you the cash back when they aren?t. That comes from KIA financial not the dealer. So I would recommend getting them to come off their price at least what COSTCO is offering then tell them you want to lease based off that price.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Horne Kia

So Horne told me

"The car you picked out vehicle that has a base $46,150 msrp and would normally sell for $53,072 after fees. 46k otd the door is already a super aggressive offer. This is the absolute lowest we can go to help you out."

I'm looking at https://hornekia.com/new-phoenix-2018-Kia-Stinger-GT1-KNAE45LC7J6020545

Do I retoet based on the invoice/MSRP thread below? I know there's about $900 MSRP for I think accessories?

I get the feeling that I'm at a wall and it's unlikely I can convince him to come down to 42-43 otd.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
So Horne told me

"The car you picked out vehicle that has a base $46,150 msrp and would normally sell for $53,072 after fees. 46k otd the door is already a super aggressive offer. This is the absolute lowest we can go to help you out."

I'm looking at https://hornekia.com/new-phoenix-2018-Kia-Stinger-GT1-KNAE45LC7J6020545

Do I retoet based on the invoice/MSRP thread below? I know there's about $900 MSRP for I think accessories?

I get the feeling that I'm at a wall and it's unlikely I can convince him to come down to 42-43 otd.
Tell them you have a quote for a GT2 at that price... Take out $2k in add-ons and factor in lease cash and it's damn near $40k flat.

-Matt

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Tell them you have a quote for a GT2 at that price... Take out $2k in add-ons and factor in lease cash and it's damn near $40k flat.

-Matt

I'm currently not looking to lease so I don't know if I can take that route?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I'm currently not looking to lease so I don't know if I can take that route?
Lease it and do the buyout...

-Matt

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red

-Matt

Just want to give a big shout out to Matt! I was about to do the same Costco post when you beat me to the punch (great minds think alike - Ha!).

Nice work Matt. Anyone can basically run with this process and then work the lease from there. Fantastic!

NOTE: I also went to Costco for a quotation, but due to the fact I'm in the PacNW and there are NO ? repeat NO, NODDA, NONE - RWD GT's models until getting into northern California, the Costco Kia dealer locally couldn't quote anything remotely close to Portland, OR.

None-the-less, when I'm ready to pull the trigger, I will absolutely use Costco and have them quote me out of the Sacramento/Bay area. There are a good deal of GT's with RWD there, and since I have customers in southern Oregon, a simple road trip down is not a big deal to me.

THOUGHT: Anyone wanting a 2.0L on the cheap? So long as you can live with Km/h on the speedometer being the large print, Canada is now getting into the 2.0L game, AWD versions only. But I'd done the math, and getting $1.28 Canadian for every US dollar... Even paying the small import tax, and paying BC's (or other Provence taxes), it's still a pretty sweet deal due to the power of the US dollar right now! Add to that the Canadian Stingers come loaded with more goods than the US versions (boy do I hate that!), it's a deal.

THOUGHT 2: Anxiously awaiting the June Lease and Purchase KMF program sheet!...

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Just want to give a big shout out to Matt! I was about to do the same Costco post when you beat me to the punch (great minds think alike - Ha!).

Nice work Matt. Anyone can basically run with this process and then work the lease from there. Fantastic!

NOTE: I also went to Costco for a quotation, but due to the fact I'm in the PacNW and there are NO ? repeat NO, NODDA, NONE - RWD GT's models until getting into northern California, the Costco Kia dealer locally couldn't quote anything remotely close to Portland, OR.

None-the-less, when I'm ready to pull the trigger, I will absolutely use Costco and have them quote me out of the Sacramento/Bay area. There are a good deal of GT's with RWD there, and since I have customers in southern Oregon, a simple road trip down is not a big deal to me.

THOUGHT: Anyone wanting a 2.0L on the cheap? So long as you can live with Km/h on the speedometer being the large print, Canada is now getting into the 2.0L game, AWD versions only. But I'd done the math, and getting $1.28 Canadian for every US dollar... Even paying the small import tax, and paying BC's (or other Provence taxes), it's still a pretty sweet deal due to the power of the US dollar right now! Add to that the Canadian Stingers come loaded with more goods than the US versions (boy do I hate that!), it's a deal.

THOUGHT 2: Anxiously awaiting the June Lease and Purchase KMF program sheet!...
You're not allowed to have Km/h in the US... Would need to be converted to MPH and then there would be no warranty.

-Matt

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

I've had good experiences dealing with sands and Tempe. Both shot me straight numbers best deal they can do. Horne Kia can go fuck themselves.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
GT1...

-Matt

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

-Matt

I apologize I'm bit super familiar with leasing and sadly don't have money to buy 40k+.

I read one of your posts recently that went into great details and I was last as all heck lol.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
You wanted to be at $43k otd right? You don't pay with cash... You finance it via your bank or CU.

-Matt

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
You wanted to be at $43k otd right? You don't pay with cash... You finance it via your bank or CU.

-Matt

Ehhhhhh I don't think I can take another loan from my bank since I just pulled one for my home and the iterest is rrrraping me. My credit is also not fantastic sitting at 678.

:/ Maybe I just need to throw in the towel for now and enjoy the shoe Lane express

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Ehhhhhh I don't think I can take another loan from my bank since I just pulled one for my home and the iterest is rrrraping me. My credit is also not fantastic sitting at 678.

:/ Maybe I just need to throw in the towel for now and enjoy the shoe Lane express
I'm confused as to why your out car shopping...

-Matt

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I'm confused as to why your out car shopping...

-Matt

Just looking for a new vehicle. It's not like I'm eating ramen noodles living check to check over here barely getting by. Credit situation just sucks because of poor life decisions in my younger years.

Right now I drive a genisis coupe but it's not entirely friendly for more than two people. Figured I'd upgrade to a new vehicle and didn't want a Camry. This vehicle sparked my interest and I kind of want it.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Just looking for a new vehicle. It's not like I'm eating ramen noodles living check to check over here barely getting by. Credit situation just sucks because of poor life decisions in my younger years.

Right now I drive a genisis coupe but it's not entirely friendly for more than two people. Figured I'd upgrade to a new vehicle and didn't want a Camry. This vehicle sparked my interest and I kind of want it.
I'm not judging you or anything like that... You said your goal was about $43k and sounded like you wanted to buy, not lease... My question is why can't you lease and then buy? It's the same thing regardless if you're financing or paying cash...

-Matt

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
OTD 42k on a GT1 with the red interior option. MSRP 43,900, 8.25% tax. Dealer options including etching and windshield protection - total for dealer options: 1k. I took them down 50% on their options.

Negotiated free oil changes until 60k.

First time at a Kia dealership. Wasn't impressed with the experience nor the dealer, but that seems par for the course.

Dealer: Fredy KIA in Webster, TX (Houston area)

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
My first time in to a Kia dealer too. Likely won?t be back after my Stinger experience comes to a close :)

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
That's the piece of the "We're going after BMW, Porche, and Audi" that they forgot about. The dealer experience... Loaner cars, professionalism (not all, but overall), and just the overall fealing ol those brands provide.

-Matt