Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Out The Door Price Thread

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Can someone please detail the process of getting the least cash discount and then buying out the lease. I am helping my father by a Stinger GT, he is nervous about the process, he thinks that after we agree on the price and we could lease route, that they are going to change the price when we go to buy out the lease. If you can detail it as much as possible would be great, pics Etc even better.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Can someone please detail the process of getting the least cash discount and then buying out the lease. I am helping my father by a Stinger GT, he is nervous about the process, he thinks that after we agree on the price and we could lease route, that they are going to change the price when we go to buy out the lease. If you can detail it as much as possible would be great, pics Etc even better.
I hate to say it, but it's time to use the search button... This has been detailed start to finish multiple (at least 5 or 6) times.

The buyout price can't be changed... It's part of the negotiated contract.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I hate to say it, but it's time to use the search button... This has been detailed start to finish multiple (at least 5 or 6) times.

The buyout price can't be changed... It's part of the negotiated contract.

-Matt

I did, this is the only thread coming up. I'm in my phone so maybe that has to do with it.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I did, this is the only thread coming up. I'm in my phone so maybe that has to do with it.
It's all in this thread... But I will make a seperate post and we will sticky it.

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
This is the deal we're possibly doing, first pic is the price we negotiated without talking about how we're paying, then we totally want to lease it and get the extra piece cash rebate, second picture shows that, all the other mumbo-jumbo in the sale is confusing, can someone show me if this looks right, we should be getting the car for around 31,750.

]
Check inbox.

-Matt

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
First off I'd like to thank everyone for their posts here, have been very illuminating and it may end up saving me a bunch!

I have a few questions about the lease + cash option. If my understanding is correct, the plan to make the most of this option is: lease a car, get the rebate, make 1 payment and then immediately buy it out via your own private financing. If available get a balloon payment as it will decrease the interest you pay. Due to fees and first payment the rebate will actually be like 1.5k less than the amount reimbursed but generally still a good deal.

So for instance a Stinger GT with AWD, excluding whatever you can negotiate with your dealer, will go for 43500 (price) - 5000 (rebate) + 650 (fee) + 300 (breaking fee) + 550 (first payment) = 40000. Right?

I noticed that you need to put down a downpayment of 2k. What happens to this amount? Is it set aside for future payments, applied to the purchase price of the car, do you get it back upon buying out the lease, etc?

Assuming a balloon option is not available, does any of the monthly payment go towards the car itself or is it all interest?

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
First off I'd like to thank everyone for their posts here, have been very illuminating and it may end up saving me a bunch!

I have a few questions about the lease + cash option. If my understanding is correct, the plan to make the most of this option is: lease a car, get the rebate, make 1 payment and then immediately buy it out via your own private financing. If available get a balloon payment as it will decrease the interest you pay. Due to fees and first payment the rebate will actually be like 1.5k less than the amount reimbursed but generally still a good deal.

So for instance a Stinger GT with AWD, excluding whatever you can negotiate with your dealer, will go for 43500 (price) - 5000 (rebate) + 650 (fee) + 300 (breaking fee) + 550 (first payment) = 40000. Right?

I noticed that you need to put down a downpayment of 2k. What happens to this amount? Is it set aside for future payments, applied to the purchase price of the car, do you get it back upon buying out the lease, etc?

Assuming a balloon option is not available, does any of the monthly payment go towards the car itself or is it all interest?
It's gone... It theoretically lowers your purchase price. I'd say never put money down on a lease... And don't do it here either.

Apply it when you bring your financing aka finance less.

-Matt

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
Great, thank you! I'm not sure why I thought it was required but I now see it's optional

jaygee15

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The discount was through negotiation with the salesman. It helped that mine was on the lot. They usually prefer to move cars off their lot. I also found an ?internet' price for the car on the dealers website which the salesman claimed he didn't know about. That price was already discounted. The lease cash is through Kia financing. Make sure you ask for it. Also make sure the price you negotiate is what they use for the lease. The first try they tried to use a different price (higher of course), I rejected it and they finally gave in and used the agreed upon price. Make them show you the actual numbers, not just a monthly payment.

Hope this helps.. Be prepared to walk away if you don't get want you want.

Good luck
what do the numbers look like on paper, it's pretty confusing what they showed me

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
The search continues

Well I went to a few dealerships but not a single one would discuss numbers. I only had one dealership give me an OTD of around $46,000* and that was Horne Kia in Gilbert in Arizona.

Sands Kia basically told me about the same but said they wouldn't run numbers or provide anything in writing and if I was serious about actually purchasing a vehicle I would come in.

At the same time Tempe Kia taking to me about doing business with them. I ask them for the numbers and an informed that because I'm looking around they won't provide any numbers so another dealer could beat it. Ok valid point I guess.

So I head in to talk to the guy I been speaking with over the internet. Only to be told he only deals online communication so that set me up with this sales guy named Ian.

So he comes out and I tell him, you wouldn't provide me any numbers online so let's see what they are on a GT1. He asks me what I want to pay a month? I politely tell him I want to talk about the car OTD and we can discuss payments if I like what they're saying. He tries a few more times and I'm getting increasingly annoyed because it's almost 30 minutes in and no one has provided me anything. So he wants to talk about my vehicle trade in so we go over it. He disappears and a store manager comes out trying to get me on a GT2 since they have no GT1's on the lot.

I explain that I'm mostly interested in the GT1 as it has everything that I want in the vehicle but he went on about how much of a great deal he could swing. So I bite and what's the deal OTD and he inquires of I'm looking to pull the trigger today? I explain I would need to see the numbers and if I like them I would want to run them by my fiance. The manager explains he isn't going to quote any numbers if I'm not buying today as those numbers might change later especially when the memorial holiday incentives.

I look him in the eye and tell him," So I don't buy this car today you wouldn't sell it to me tomorrow?" And I can see the frustration Cascade over his face. He goes onto say it would be a "disservice" to me if he couldn't get the same deal.

So after an hour and a half with no quote or numbers I leave. Ian comes back out and regurgitates the same spiel. I thank him for his time and tell him that they have my information when they're actually ready to sell the vehicle to contact me.

This whole process has been a pain I am running out of dealerships. What is a good and fair deal on the GT1?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Sorry to hear that. Shame that you are not in Texas other wise I would put you in contact with the guy that I dealt with here. If you don't mind buying from out of state send me a PM.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Well I went to a few dealerships but not a single one would discuss numbers. I only had one dealership give me an OTD of around $46,000* and that was Horne Kia in Gilbert in Arizona.

Sands Kia basically told me about the same but said they wouldn't run numbers or provide anything in writing and if I was serious about actually purchasing a vehicle I would come in.

At the same time Tempe Kia taking to me about doing business with them. I ask them for the numbers and an informed that because I'm looking around they won't provide any numbers so another dealer could beat it. Ok valid point I guess.

So I head in to talk to the guy I been speaking with over the internet. Only to be told he only deals online communication so that set me up with this sales guy named Ian.

So he comes out and I tell him, you wouldn't provide me any numbers online so let's see what they are on a GT1. He asks me what I want to pay a month? I politely tell him I want to talk about the car OTD and we can discuss payments if I like what they're saying. He tries a few more times and I'm getting increasingly annoyed because it's almost 30 minutes in and no one has provided me anything. So he wants to talk about my vehicle trade in so we go over it. He disappears and a store manager comes out trying to get me on a GT2 since they have no GT1's on the lot.

I explain that I'm mostly interested in the GT1 as it has everything that I want in the vehicle but he went on about how much of a great deal he could swing. So I bite and what's the deal OTD and he inquires of I'm looking to pull the trigger today? I explain I would need to see the numbers and if I like them I would want to run them by my fiance. The manager explains he isn't going to quote any numbers if I'm not buying today as those numbers might change later especially when the memorial holiday incentives.

I look him in the eye and tell him," So I don't buy this car today you wouldn't sell it to me tomorrow?" And I can see the frustration Cascade over his face. He goes onto say it would be a "disservice" to me if he couldn't get the same deal.

So after an hour and a half with no quote or numbers I leave. Ian comes back out and regurgitates the same spiel. I thank him for his time and tell him that they have my information when they're actually ready to sell the vehicle to contact me.

This whole process has been a pain I am running out of dealerships. What is a good and fair deal on the GT1?
Or you could come to Iowa and I'll give you the best experience you've ever had!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

And no, you do NOT lose that money. Down payment is never required BUT it is your money and it's lowering the total amount due.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD

I am getting you guys Costco pricing on a GT and GT1.

I'll post once I have them. You'll then have the ammo to get it for that or less anywhere here in AZ. They will be from Peoria Kia.

-Matt

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD

Man, reading this makes my blood boil. Like you are not gonna see numbers before you sign... I'd go back and waste their time and get all the way to financing and say eat a dick!

-Matt

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
That's a crazy story. I had similar pain in my purchase but ended up getting the deal i wanted. Be persistent and it'll happen. What a bunch of jerks.

I am pretty sure that your ?first months payment? doesn't disappear. It still counts as a payment so there is less to pay (35 months instead of 36)

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
And no, you do NOT lose that money. Down payment is never required BUT it is your money and it's lowering the total amount due.
OK thanks! So I guess my real question is the following: I originally planned to purchase the car via cash + loan. If I go the lease buyout route, does it make sense to put in the cash at the first stage or at the buyout stage? When you do the buyout, do you have the option to do cash + loan or is it done entirely through your bank?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
OK thanks! So I guess my real question is the following: I originally planned to purchase the car via cash + loan. If I go the lease buyout route, does it make sense to put in the cash at the first stage or at the buyout stage? When you do the buyout, do you have the option to do cash + loan or is it done entirely through your bank?
Mathematically, it will not change your total out of pocket expenses if you put cash down at lease signing or if you use it at lease buy out. If you use it at buyout, you will give it to your bank as down payment.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

BlaydeX15

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
Should be basically the same. If you pay it up front during the leasing process, you'll save a couple bucks (Like, literally, $10 is all) because the interest rate on the lease is, presumably, much higher than your bank's rate, and you'll have a lower leased amount that's building that high interest. If you elect to not put any cash in during the lease process, just talk to your bank and say you have cash to put down, so that they use it to calculate your payments. They should be able to take your cash, fill in the remainder, and send it all as one check to Kia.

yumdump

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Unless you put the $2,000 on a cash back credit card at the dealer because then you get the points!