Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

3.3 Stinger power development

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hey guys, thought would be the first poster here lol. So with 1000km clocked up on our Stinger we hit the rollers this morning to do base power and afr measurements. The Stinger realed of 233rwkw and afrs were quite on the safe side at mid 11:1. We will begin with development and testing of our cai system with a dual 3" cat back exhaust and hit the rollers again to check power and afrs. Will post more as we progress :)

Attachments

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
That's great! Thanks! I know rwkw is rear wheel kilowatts but what is afrs and what is 11:1?

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #3
That's great! Thanks! I know rwkw is rear wheel kilowatts but what is afrs and what is 11:1?
Ok so afr is air fuel ratio. It didnt get any leaner than 11.5:1 dropping down to mid 10s at upper end of pull. Quite safe :)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Ok so afr is air fuel ratio. It didnt get any leaner than 11.5:1 dropping down to mid 10s at upper end of pull. Quite safe :)
Thanks Jonnytig! Now I see:) That's on the rich side isn't it as the whole stoichiometric thing is about 14.7:1? Maybe 14.7 is for max economy and you want richer for max power to help keep things a little cooler?

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I hit the subscribed button so fast my mouse button over heated. [giddy]

Going to be following this very closely.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #6
Yup 14.7 is stoichiometric but we dont want to go anywhere near that lean on boost. Will see how she responds on dyno but i would expect around 12:1 will be lean enough and still safe. Will see what timing it has comanded under boost when we crack the ecu.

Haha Im super excited too :)

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Yup 14.7 is stoichiometric but we dont want to go anywhere near that lean on boost. Will see how she responds on dyno but i would expect around 12:1 will be lean enough and still safe. Will see what timing it has comanded under boost when we crack the ecu.

Haha Im super excited too :)
Cool, thanks!

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
I hit the subscribed button so fast my mouse button over heated. [giddy]

Going to be following this very closely.
LOL you're not the only one.

So 233rwkw translates to about 312rwhp. Is that what you were expecting?

11:1 is way safe, hopefully the Stinger can make safe power at 12:1. Can't wait to see the results.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Cool, can't wait for updates.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Good stuff, locked in for updates.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] what's your thoughts on running Water/Methanol Injection on the Stinger?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
Do you happen to have a copy of the dyno you can share? I'm curious what the power curve looks like.

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #14
[MENTION=217]Jonnytig[/MENTION] what's your thoughts on running Water/Methanol Injection on the Stinger?
Personally i dont believe it is necessary with a good intercooler system. Will be developing ours very shortly

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #16
So we had our Stinger up on the hoist today. We have built and fitted a dual 3" SS cat back exhaust. The oem is exhaust is very restrictive. The car feels a bit stronger down low but its 37degC here today. Also it has a rather nice 6cyl raspy note. Will get her back on dyno for another pull as soon as possible. Heres some pics for you guys :)

20171121_125933.jpg
20171121_135309.jpg
20171121_153757.jpg
20171121_153902.jpg

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Great work. Is that crimp in the exhaust pipe because of the rear axle shafts? Is there much of a decrease in clearance with the new exhaust setup?

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #18
Yup exactly what its for. Crimped halfway through pipe so pretty restrictive. The front pipes to second cats are oval aswell. Look its obviously a bit tighter as its gone from 2" pipe to 3" but still plenty of clearance and no rattles

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Wow you guys are quick. Any videos of the exhaust?

OP
J
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Thread Starter #20
Wow you guys are quick. Any videos of the exhaust?
No mucking around down here ;) No video but i guess i should record one hey. Will try n get around to it tomorrow ??