Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

RaceChip USA Kia Stinger Tuning

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
[MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] can you recommend specific plug brands outside of the HKS?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
[MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] can you recommend specific plug brands outside of the HKS?
We did not do enough investigation yet to recommend other brands. The HKS plugs seem to work pretty well for many Kia Stinger owners.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
We did not do enough investigation yet to recommend other brands. The HKS plugs seem to work pretty well for many Kia Stinger owners.
I?ve been running the m45iL?s now for over 1000 miles with no issues and I was having issues with the stock plugs

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I've been running the m45iL's now for over 1000 miles with no issues and I was having issues with the stock plugs
Hey [MENTION=198]JonYYZ[/MENTION], I just wanted to confirm; those stock plugs were at the factory gap, correct? You did not regap the factory ones to .025?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hey [MENTION=198]JonYYZ[/MENTION], I just wanted to confirm; those stock plugs were at the factory gap, correct? You did not regap the factory ones to .025?
Factory gap was running 94 octane and it started blowing out after about a week of driving

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
So I got a CEL on the way home tonight. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and I checked all of the connections when I got home but all looks fine.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Are you running the HKS spark plugs? WHat mode where in when the CEL turned on?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So I got a CEL on the way home tonight. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary and I checked all of the connections when I got home but all looks fine.

Any suggestions?

Details please. I just order my Racechip and planning on putting the HkS in next week. Edit: My Racechip came in today!! I'm dying to unleash the power of the stinger lol

Last edited:
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Are you running the HKS spark plugs? WHat mode where in when the CEL turned on?
Running regapped oem plugs. I was in sport/sport mode and just downshifting to a red light.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Running regapped oem plugs. I was in sport/sport mode and just downshifting to a red light.

Good to know this, I guess we can throw all the OEM plugs out whenever we chip the car.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Good to know this, I guess we can throw all the OEM plugs out whenever we chip the car.
I'll find a diagnostic tool today and see what code was thrown. I find it hard to believe it's plugs after 100 miles on 93 octane in sport/sport mode

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Hey WhiteStinger33, I am sorry for this we'll solve this asap.
Since you installed it recently and already requested it to get shipped with the maximum power there are many possible reasons.
So, we have a lot of questions. Please send me some more detailed information via PM so that I can provide our customer support with everything they need to be able to help you:
How many days and miles did you drive between the installation an the CEL?
Do you know at which rpm this happened?
Do you still have a CEL now?
Do you still have a CEL when the RaceChip is turned off?

I don't think that the OEM plugs caused this (unless somehting was not done correctly during the process of re-gapping).

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Germany
What I Drive
Stinger GT
Details please. I just order my Racechip and planning on putting the HkS in next week. Hey [MENTION=444]RaceChip[/MENTION] what's taking so long with my order? l
It seems like your order was shipped on Tuesday, but I don't have access to your tracking number. Let me check this.

Edit: I am glad that the product arrived already.

Last edited:

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I'll find a diagnostic tool today and see what code was thrown. I find it hard to believe it's plugs after 100 miles on 93 octane in sport/sport mode

I agree with this statement. the CEL could have been related to more than a dozen different codes. Guessing that it's got nothing to do with the plugs. Waiting to see what codes you get.

saltee

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Hey Racechip I have a couple of questions:
1- How does your product compare to the JB4 by Burger motorsports and why is your produce 3 times more expensive?
2- Do you have any actual evidence of claimed performance gains? Where can we see reviews, dyno results, etc... ?
3- I noticed you sell 3 different units with 3 different price points, it seems very odd to me that you would need 3 separate hardware units give that all the work is done in software?
4- Have you done any accelerated life testing on the Kia Stinger with your product to substantiate they claim on your website that its "safe" and will not shorten the life of the engine?

Danke Schoen and have a nice day.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
It's not the gas cap....I checked :)

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
Update:

I cleared the code, and did a test drive. No problems.

I installed the harness and the plug in the harness (no chip). No problems.

I installed the chip and ran with it off. No problems.

I ran econ mode then sport mode. No problems.

So,no problems. I'll put 100 miles on it tomorrow in sport mode and see what happens.