Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How to FIX a DEAD 2018 KIA STINGER Battery

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
And after 275 miles, my battery was dead this morning :( RAC came within 30 minutes and measured a CCA capacity of 83. Jump started the car and got me to the dealers. The ASS wasn't working yesterday which apparently was a warning sign. Of course as I was driving to the dealers, ASS decided it would start again and killed the car at a junction. Fortunately the RAC van was following me so he jump started me again.
Sorry it happened. Let us know if it's just a bad battery.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
And after 275 miles, my battery was dead this morning :( RAC came within 30 minutes and measured a CCA capacity of 83. Jump started the car and got me to the dealers. The ASS wasn't working yesterday which apparently was a warning sign. Of course as I was driving to the dealers, ASS decided it would start again and killed the car at a junction. Fortunately the RAC van was following me so he jump started me again.
Definitely sounds like a faulty battery.

As for the auto stop start system, it won't shut the engine down if voltage is low.

Remember that you do have a button on the counsel to disable/enable the system.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Wow...sorry to hear that man. Sounds like a faulty battery or a faulty alternator. Either way there is no reason for that to be happening. Hope is a simple fix. Keep us posted.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Jaguar XF 5.0 V8
Faulty battery now replaced and the car is home. When I set off towards the dealer, the ASS indicator light next to the switch by the gearstick was flashing orange so I thought it was faulted. Then I pulled up at the roundabout, saw the green A on my dash and thought "oh crap"; it had decided to clear it's fault and turn itself back on. The problem was not the volts, but the capability to flow a lot of amps.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Glad it worked out OK. I'm trying to find any way to like that button on the console. But with mine, when I lift off the brake, it kicks me in the pants when it starts up. Very uncomfortable for the cabin occupants!

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Kia Optima SX, 1972 911 Targa
Driving my AWD 2.0T in manual mode (shifting using shift knob) does not enable / disable idle stop and go...