Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Magnaflow Exhaust

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I don't know what you mean by page 4. I'm talking about the video that started this thread?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Im the one who made the video of the magnaflow exhaust. I own both the exhaust and the car in the video. IT IS NOT QUIETER THAN STOCK. And if you look at the design of it and the stock pipes you can tell it is a lot less restrictive.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Im the one who made the video of the magnaflow exhaust. I own both the exhaust and the car in the video. IT IS NOT QUIETER THAN STOCK. And if you look at the design of it and the stock pipes you can tell it is a lot less restrictive.
How's she sound at 65-80mph?

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Has there been any indication of price point?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 stinger GT2 AWD
Quiet. At highway speeds you only hear exhaust under throttle not while cruising.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Quiet. At highway speeds you only hear exhaust under throttle not while cruising.
Excellent! Hope someone comes out with before & after dynos some day!

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Here's a better picture.
Yea that's just ridiculous. I should pay someone $75 bucks to weld rounded pieces in place of those pancakes. I wonder what kind of difference it would make in sound and power.

I think I'm going to give it a whirl. I wish I had free access to a dyno so I could document any change.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
That is not the only restriction you need to worry about. While you may increase the sound and maybe performance (big maybe). The most restrictive parts of any stock exhaust is the mufflers, silencers and pipe diameter. All of which get addressed/upgraded by an aftermarket exhaust.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
The piping right after the downpipes is crazy, too - necked down, oval shaped, etc.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Yea that's just ridiculous. I should pay someone $75 bucks to weld rounded pieces in place of those pancakes. I wonder what kind of difference it would make in sound and power.

I think I'm going to give it a whirl. I wish I had free access to a dyno so I could document any change.
Great experiment and possibly the simplest and cheapest mod for everyone to start with (unless replacing exhaust system anyway). Look forward to hearing about the results.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
So, I just found an article written about the Camaro SSs exhaust. It's crimped in the same place as the Stinger's and apparently its a hot topic on the Camaro forums.

So these people did an experiment to determine if there was a sound/power difference between the stock exhaust with crimp and without. They did 3 dyno runs of each and then showed the differences on this dyno sheet.

He also notes that the sound difference is barely noticeable and adds that the crimp may actually help control drone.

I don't think I'm going to be wasting $75.

Here's a pic of their crimp.

And the article in question.

https://www.mishimoto.com/engineeri...aro-exhaust-rd-part-2-testing-the-crimp-myth/

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
So, I just found an article written about the Camaro SSs exhaust. It's crimped in the same place as the Stinger's and apparently its a hot topic on the Camaro forums.

So these people did an experiment to determine if there was a sound/power difference between the stock exhaust with crimp and without. They did 3 dyno runs of each and then showed the differences on this dyno sheet.
Great find.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Glad you found that [MENTION=497]kamauxx[/MENTION] before someone here wastes their money.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
The crimp is not the only issue with the exhaust in the Stinger GT.

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
The crimp is not the only issue with the exhaust in the Stinger GT.
Of course not. But it is an issue we've been talking about the last couple of pages in this thread.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
More details released.

Specifications
  • Color/Finish - Stainless
  • Exhaust Inlet Connection - Type Bolt-On
  • Exhaust Pipe Materia - Stainless
  • Muffler Quantity - 4
  • Muffler Body Height - 4 IN
  • Muffler Body Width - 4 IN
  • Muffler Body Length - 14 IN
  • Muffler Overall Length - 14 IN
  • Muffler Body Diameter - 4 x 4 IN
  • Muffler Body Material - Stainless
  • Muffler Body Finish - Polished
  • Muffler Body Shape - Round
  • Muffler Configuration - Center/Center
  • Muffler Type - Straight-Through
  • Sound Level - Aggressive
  • Exit Location - Quad Split Rear
  • Exit Quantity - Quad
  • Tip Quantity - 0
  • Warranty - Lifetime
  • System Type - Cat-Back
  • Series - Competition
  • Exit Style - I
  • Tip Outlet Type - Quad
  • Main Piping Diameter - 2.5 IN
  • Material - Stainless

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
So, how many HP the Magnaflow cat back adds to the engine?????