Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Magnaflow Exhaust

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
"Sound Level - Aggressive" and "Series - Competition" makes me think these will be a bit loud or have too much drone for some of us. It also makes me think they may have a quieter product in mind for future production. Worth looking over their website for descriptions of cat-backs on other vehicles...

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
... and yes, they have Street, Competition, and Race as Series types.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Sound clip, still too quiet haha.
[video=youtube;M2CrKUuv7tk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2CrKUuv7tk[/video]

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I thought they were going back and making it louder. Guess that didn't happened.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2, 2004 MSM
I spoke to magnaflow and the stinger exhaust is hitting production next week and they said I should have mine delivered 5/25 - 5/29

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I spoke to magnaflow and the stinger exhaust is hitting production next week and they said I should have mine delivered 5/25 - 5/29
That's great news, just in time for summer.

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
I finally got my shipping notice and my magnaflow catback will be delivered Monday 6/4.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Any news? the sounds? hp Gain?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I finally got my shipping notice and my magnaflow catback will be delivered Monday 6/4.
You got it? HP Gain? The sound is loud?

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
You got it? HP Gain? The sound is loud?
We installed one a few weeks ago on a local customer's Stinger and needless to say he was a wee bit disappointed with the sound. (Of course, "sound" is completely subjective though). I haven't heard from him again but hopefully with the mufflers broken in a bit more, it will get a little louder. On the butt dyno it seemed about the same as the NGM Omega axleback that I have on my Stinger. Very little difference on that front to be honest.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
We installed one a few weeks ago on a local customer's Stinger and needless to say he was a wee bit disappointed with the sound. (Of course, "sound" is completely subjective though). I haven't heard from him again but hopefully with the mufflers broken in a bit more, it will get a little louder. On the butt dyno it seemed about the same as the NGM Omega axleback that I have on my Stinger. Very little difference on that front to be honest.
The Omega its the one with a muffler right? Love the sound of Zeta and omega! You're all original exept the axle-back right?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
In the car, Zeta and Omega are loud at low RPM?

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
I wanted another opinion. I like to have many opinion. [8]
I understand that, but you literally quote tagged the one person that had already given their opinion, me.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
The Omega its the one with a muffler right? Love the sound of Zeta and omega! You're all original exept the axle-back right?
In the car, Zeta and Omega are loud at low RPM?
Yes, the Omega has mufflers, the Zeta is a muffler delete. I only have the axleback with NGM intakes. The customer had a K&N intake though, so performance-wise aside from Magnaflow catback vs NGM axleback they're basically identical setups.

Omega is extremely quiet. I've got the new version on my car that I've been testing out. It's a bit too quiet though, so we may either continue testing or ditch the project altogether and just do Zeta's. When I had the Zeta on my Stinger, it did have drone (to be expected) but after a week or two it wasn't difficult to adjust how I drove in terms of throttle and also get used to the extra sound. Also we added soundproofing to the trunk and that reduced it immensely.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I understand that, but you literally quote tagged the one person that had already given their opinion, me.
Really ? sorry lol

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Yes, the Omega has mufflers, the Zeta is a muffler delete. I only have the axleback with NGM intakes. The customer had a K&N intake though, so performance-wise aside from Magnaflow catback vs NGM axleback they're basically identical setups.

Omega is extremely quiet. I've got the new version on my car that I've been testing out. It's a bit too quiet though, so we may either continue testing or ditch the project altogether and just do Zeta's. When I had the Zeta on my Stinger, it did have drone (to be expected) but after a week or two it wasn't difficult to adjust how I drove in terms of throttle and also get used to the extra sound. Also we added soundproofing to the trunk and that reduced it immensely.
Oh nice!!! Thx for the review!!