Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Intake Thread

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
K&N Cold Air Intake - $554.95 USD, Part# 69-5318TS
www.knfilters.com

JT Cold Air Intake - $895-965 USD, Part#
https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/1813-Kia-Stinger-JT-true-CAI-kits

Injen Cold Air Intake - $419.99 USD, Part# SP1350WB (Black/Blue), SP1350WR (Red/Blue)
www.injen.com

STILLEN Cold Air Intake - $447.57 USD, Part# 402883DF (Dry Filter), 402883
www.stillen.com

SSR Performance Cold Air Intake - $769.00 USD, Part# NA
www.ssrperformance.com
final_20_1024x1024.jpg
Intakeproto1_1024x1024.jpg

[BBMS Kia Stinger [/B] - $329.00 USD, Part# NA
www.burgertuning.com
Kia-Stinger-BMS-intake_540x.jpg
kia_stinger_bms_dual_intake_2019_540x.jpg
kia_stinger_bms_dual_intake_2018_540x.jpg

Last edited:

SLOW_KIA

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
This is what the intake sounds like. Fitment of the intake is okay, not perfect. Performance gains are negligible on the butt dyno. It does look very nice in person, and does add a lot of turbo noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZz0-9ekziY

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
[MENTION=404]SLOW_KIA[/MENTION] can you elaborate on the fitment issues?

SLOW_KIA

Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Yes, the AC lines seem to rub the left intake housing. Tried to adjust entire driver's side intake to keep from rubbing. Still makes a little bit of contact. The smallest hose from the left side intake that runs to the surge tank is loose with the oem hose clamp. The rubber that connected the piping to the turbo itself was fairly loose. Once it was all clamped down it seemed alright, but it's definitely a few millimeters larger than needed.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
LOL! Love the turbo whoosh sounds :)

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Yes, the AC lines seem to rub the left intake housing. Tried to adjust entire driver's side intake to keep from rubbing. Still makes a little bit of contact. The smallest hose from the left side intake that runs to the surge tank is loose with the oem hose clamp. The rubber that connected the piping to the turbo itself was fairly loose. Once it was all clamped down it seemed alright, but it's definitely a few millimeters larger than needed.
Thanks, this is very surprising coming from a reputable company like K&N.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Sounds amazing, cant beat the sound of turbos spooling up and releasing pressure. [rockon]
Not really surprised about the fitment issues, as it looks like K&N rushed to get the product to the market, maybe they'll make a revised version or a version 2 is the intake (maybe a true CAI)

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Drop in K&N's are the way to go. System looks nice but factories usually have better layouts for power. If you have the drop-ins, it doesn't change the area where the air is coming from. My G35 has a duct where air comes in on both sides imitating a ram air effect. I have seen a ton of people that put "cold air intakes" on the HR motors that have shorty intake hoses. All it creates is heat soak and less air being sucked through minimizing hp. I get it if you are using them for show as it does look great but for performance reasons, unless gains are through the entire rev range and verified, you will yield better and more consistent gains with drop-ins.

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I've been looking around, still no drop-in available yet.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Personally I would stay away from oiled gauze filters on force induction engines. Much greater chance of 'dusting' the engine and eroding the turbine blades from microscopic particles passing through the media.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
Do beware that the oiled filter elements are often over-oiled. Using a cleaning kit (you can buy one or make your own, thanks internet) then lightly re-oiling would be a good approach.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
That?s awesome! I think I NEED those intakes! ????

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
stinger GT2
can someone explain this alittle more, do these come already oiled and what does dusting mean, is this from the oil or lack of

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
can someone explain this alittle more, do these come already oiled and what does dusting mean, is this from the oil or lack of
K&N's have always come pre-oiled in my experience. I believe the "dusting" means atomized oil particles making their way through the intake piping and landing on the blades inside the turbo, creating issues.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 TT
Wow! Thank you for sharing! This sounds awesome!

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
Can't say I've ever "Dusted" a turbo using any oiled cotton fiber filter and I've had a few.
I had my Focus ST in it's over boost pushing over 20 lbs of boost through a K&N.
I also over boosted my Fusion not quite as high, but respectable 12-14 lbs through a Steeda cotton fiber Oil filter.

I do think I will opt for the drop in set-up when available. Just due to the induction to the filter box being sealed off from under hood temps.

I think this all stems from my background in helping to develop a large volume air sampler to collect particulate of very minuet sizes (IE <5 microns). We were pulling 3500 liters per minute over cotton fiber paper treated with a very sticky (almost wax like) material, and were getting more of a Delta P drop than automotive filters with out any break through. We didn't use turbo's so I cant say we wouldn't have seen hot spot on the blades, but we did use a roots type blower and inspected the blade veins under an electron microscope and saw no indications of hot spots at all. Not saying we could have over a longer period of R&D time, but the 90 days (~2100 hours) of constant operation over the test cycle, didn't indicate any hot spots with any of the filters used weather oiled or using the other material on the cotton.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
[MENTION=589]Cocoa Bob[/MENTION] What tune did you get for the Fusion?

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 StingerGT2 AWD
I had what started out as a SCT Livewire Tune, with some modification by one of my local shops.

If you're interested in some suspension and intake/exhaust parts for a Fusion Titanium I'll make you a good deal [wrenchin]

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
I had what started out as a SCT Livewire Tune, with some modification by one of my local shops.

If you're interested in some suspension and intake/exhaust parts for a Fusion Titanium I'll make you a good deal [wrenchin]
We traded in our Fusion a long time ago lol.