Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

K&N Intake for the Kia Stinger

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
K&N filters coming to the Kia Stinger.[wrenchin]

Kia Stinger intake, Kia Stinger Intakes, Kia Stinger Cold Air Intake

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Hey everyone, here's the first details on the Kia Stinger K&N Cold Air Intake.

K&N 69-5318TS Air Intake $419.99 USD

K&N Typhoon Air Intake

Power 9.09hp @ 5249rpm, 8.3lbft @ 3017rpm

Product Specifications
  • Estimated Horsepower Gain 9.09 HP @ 5249 RPM
  • Replacement Filter RU5163
  • Air Filter Color Red
  • Air Filter Material Cotton Gauze
  • Air Filter Outlet Shape Round
  • Clamps Included 9
  • Clamp Material Stainless Steel
  • Clamp Style Worm Gear
  • Couplers Included 2
  • System Type Cold-Air Intake System
  • Product Style 69 Series Typhoon Kits
  • Street Legal In All US States No
  • TUV Approved (Europe) No
  • Weight 15.4 lb (7 kg)
  • Product Box Height 14.5 in (368 mm)
  • Product Box Length 24.1 in (612 mm)
  • Product Box Width 15.5 in (394 mm)

The K&N 69-5318TS Typhoon air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system designed to fit some Kia Stinger models. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing is replaced by the K&N Typhoon air intake system which is designed to dramatically reduce air flow restriction as it smooths and straightens air flow. This allows your engine to inhale a larger amount of air than the factory air intakes. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout the engine?s RPM range. The 69-5318TS air intake comes with dual black rubber topped K&N high-flow air filters and heat shields that install into the previous air box spaces. Air is directed through the intake tubes into the engine?s throttle bodies for a guaranteed power gain. The intake tube has an attractive silver powder-coated finish that's made to last and accommodate the factory mass air sensors and crank case vent hose. The oversized cone shaped air filters can be used for up to 100,000 miles before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions. This air intake system is relatively easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using existing factory mounting points. The tools needed are a couple of screwdrivers, pliers, a ratchet set and several wrenches. Some Typhoon air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. Check the K&N catalog or website for vehicle applications and specific CARB status for each vehicle and air intake.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Installation looks fairly straight forward.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Nice, K&N did a great job of incorporating the Stinger's air ducts to draw in cold air into the intakes.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Great info guys!

I'm looking forward to a sealed enclosure CAI for the Stinger to take advantage of factory inlets. Not too much of a metal shield fan here personally. If nobody produces one, well fabricate our own boxes.

KIA Stinger eXperience
IG: [MENTION=157]KiaStingerExperience[/MENTION]

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Group Buy perhaps? [biggrin]

Great info guys!

I'm looking forward to a sealed enclosure CAI for the Stinger to take advantage of factory inlets. Not too much of a metal shield fan here personally. If nobody produces one, well fabricate our own boxes.

KIA Stinger eXperience

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
CP-E has a great sealed enclosure design, hopefully they'll have something out in the future. As far as potential heat soak does anyone know how to easily datalog on the Stinger?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
In Vegas fashion, I put money on manufacures doing enclosed CAI's. Probably will see one from K&N as well. The heat shield and bent tube is a much faster prototype for SEMA purposed. Over laser scanning interior of engine compartment, vectoring, designing and printing a box for testing on a dyno.

Fact is, wont get HUGE increases from CAI on a twin turbo yet in an enclosed box you will get a nice acceleration grunt from under the hood.

KIA Stinger eXperience

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
CP-E has a great sealed enclosure design, hopefully they'll have something out in the future. As far as potential heat soak does anyone know how to easily datalog on the Stinger?
Thats a great design! Our team has installed countless rotomolded intakes by Injen Technology. The fit, finish and performance is second to none.

Twin Turbo BMW pics for reference.

What do you all think of this style? Has a meter to alert when filter needs to be serviced along with viewing window of filter. All to keep heat soak out and utilize factory air indication from grill.

KIA Stinger eXperience

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
I didn't even know Injen produced intakes like that, I've always thought theirs were alway open air.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I didn't even know Injen produced intakes like that, I've always thought theirs were alway open air.
Part of the "EVO" Series as they developed the Worlds First Tuned CAI and continue that Evolution.

KIA Stinger eXperience

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia K900 V8
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
We have listed the K&N Typhoon Intake System on our K5 Optima Store site, while we finish up building the K8 Stinger Store site.

You can view this intake on our website here: Kia Stinger GT - K&N Typhoon Performance Intake System - K5 Optima Store

If anyone has any questions about the intake, feel free to reach out anytime. ;)
Looking forward to customization of this intake. Color matching to STINGER for the win!

KIA Stinger eXperience

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
I love this shot of the intakes in the Orange Stinger at SEMA

Dan

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Surprised I don't see a drop in filter from them yet.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I may end up getting this and powder coating the intake tubing blue to match the car.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Rio
Doing a search for the K&N filter I found this site today. $398.99 and if you call them there is a discount for check or money order. Probably the 2-3% the credit card companies charge for letting them charge orders. $387.02 if it's a 3% discount. Plus free shipping.

https://www.coloradospeed.com/air-intakes-filters-c-6992_6993_7005/

OP
StingerMike

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Thread Starter #20