Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Winter Tire Thread, Lets hear what you think

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I know this might be a bit early for some but I'd like to get an head start on winter prep if the Kia Stinger does come to market in December/January.

Lets hear your thoughts on bang for buck rubber or best rubber, cost not a factor.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
I think I'll be replacing thr OEM tires with hi performance AS , I had Cont DWS on one of BMW's and they were great , even in deep snow

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Take a look at Nokian Hakkapeliitta, they have studded and non-studded versions. Used them for two seasons when I lived in Iowa and they worked very well.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Take a look at Nokian Hakkapeliitta, they have studded and non-studded versions. Used them for two seasons when I lived in Iowa and they worked very well.
Are those winter or AS ? , here in Vancouver with an AWD set up AS works well , I'm not putting snow tires on this car as a result

Last edited:
Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Are those winter or AS ? , here in Vancouver with an AWD set up AS work well , I'm not putting snow tires on this car as a result
These are snow tires. You know if the Stinger comes with all-season or summer tires? For some reason I thought they were summer tires.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
If it doesn't come with some kind of High performance all season tire, I'll be putting one on. Either from Micheline, Yokohama, Perelli, etc... I have to do some research though.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
check out the latest Consumer Report , they have a good write up on Winter / AS tires

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
VW Golf
I plan on sticking with Blizzak tires.

TyTimp

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What is the smallest wheel size that can fit both the 2.0T and 3.3TT? The smaller the wheel the cheaper the winter tire set-up is.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What is the smallest wheel size that can fit both the 2.0T and 3.3TT? The smaller the wheel the cheaper the winter tire set-up is.
On the GT it?s due to the Brembo brakes that may limit you to 18?. You might be able to go down to 17? on the 2.0t.

Reactions
State
UT
Country
United States
[MENTION=143]TyTimp[/MENTION] I was looking a few photos on the net and there isn't much brake clearance on those Brembos even with the stock wheels. I planning on getting 18" that are the same size and offset as the OEM wheels for my winter tires. Some good information in this thread https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/threads/47-Kia-Stinger-Stock-Wheel-Size