Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Pulled the Trigger this week

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Just pre ordered a GT Limited today , should arrive sometime in December , already ordered the Korean E emblem and Stinger trunk emblem to replace the Kia badging .
Looking forward to picking it up !

Cheers

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats! Are dealers up there offering any discounts or are they going for MSRP?

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #3
Thanks , they haven't finalized exact pricing but they say it should be within $150 of the $ 49950 they are asking . At this point they have made 200 available for the entire country so price dickering wasn't the objective . I had order #117 so it looks like it will be fully subscribed shortly .

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Congrats man, keep us posted on your progress and if you hear anything else from Kia.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
That "E" emblem is an option??? If so, i'll be ordering that in the USA.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
By the way, I just read in a Car and Driver article back in June 2017 that the Stinger will go on sale in the USA in December 2017.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Just pre ordered a GT Limited today , should arrive sometime in December , already ordered the Korean E emblem and Stinger trunk emblem to replace the Kia badging .
Looking forward to picking it up !

Cheers
Congrats! What's a GT Limited?

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #8
Thanks , the LTD package here has the upgraded interior options ie, Nappa Leather , Air Cell Lumbar Drivers seat ,heated rear seats , air cooled front seats etc etc , also includes additional Tech options , 8" Multi media , bending LEDs , 360 camera, HUD , Lane Keep Assist ,Harmonn Kardon 15 speaker stereo , Auto dimming mirrors and compass , ABS SCC etc etc . I believe it basically has every option . All first year cars here are V6 AWD as well .

Last edited:
OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #9
The E and rear Stinger emblem ( to replace the oval Kia emblems ) can be ordered from an OEM reseller from Korea , check out Ebay , good luck

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Thanks , the LTD package here has the upgraded interior options ie, Nappa Leather , Air Cell Lumbar Drivers seat ,heated rear seats , air cooled front seats etc etc , also includes additional Tech options , 8" Multi media , bending LEDs , 360 camera, HUD , Lane Keep Assist ,Harmonn Kardon 15 speaker stereo , Auto dimming mirrors and compass , ABS SCC etc etc . I believe it basically has every option . All first year cars here are V6 AWD as well .
Ahhh, ok. Downunder that's the GT. We're not being offered the AWD at all, even as an option.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #12
Here , they have the GT and GT Limited , the GT is $5K less , still an AWD V6 but not with the same option pack . I'll bet its the most popular choice here . Have they got a pre order program in place there yet ?

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #13
If you check the Korean site , they are launching the car without any Kia badging there, the front hood has the badge from my avatar and the rear has a large "Stinger" emblem . I'm just replicating their position for mine . I'll carbon vinyl the wheel hub covers and steering wheel badge . Its a nice clean look .

Cheers

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
If you check the Korean site , they are launching the car without any Kia badging there, the front hood has the badge from my avatar and the rear has a large "Stinger" emblem . I'm just replicating their position for mine . I'll carbon vinyl the wheel hub covers and steering wheel badge . Its a nice clean look .

Cheers
Yeah, sorry, didn't make myself clear. I've not seen "aftermarket" E badges but then again I'm going for the stylised K badge.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #16
Thats great , post up some pics when you get it ! What color did you order ? We had to provide a 1st ,2nd and 3rd choice so I'm not sure what I'll be getting yet , did they do the same there ?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Thats great , post up some pics when you get it ! What color did you order ? We had to provide a 1st ,2nd and 3rd choice so I'm not sure what I'll be getting yet , did they do the same there ?
Nope, we're more civilised than that here [cool]. Originally wanted the Panthera Metal but its not available here in the GT. Gone for the Deep Chroma Blue with black interior and having seen it in online videos very happy with that. What were your choices? Heard the factory is currently making the cars for the US and europe. At least I'll get mine before your president makes the entire korean peninsula glow in the dark.....[smackbum]

OP
westcoastGT
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
Thread Starter #18
Nope, we're more civilised than that here [cool]. Originally wanted the Panthera Metal but its not available here in the GT. Gone for the Deep Chroma Blue with black interior and having seen it in online videos very happy with that. What were your choices? Heard the factory is currently making the cars for the US and europe. At least I'll get mine before your president makes the entire korean peninsula glow in the dark.....[smackbum]
Umm , you know I'm Canadian right ??

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
TRD
Umm , you know I'm Canadian right ??
That's what all you yanks are now claiming..........LMAO

Nope, didn't look - my bad. Assumed from the "westcoast" bit and the content that you were from the US. My profoundest apologies - the analogy is like calling a Kiwi an Aussie.....

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Congrats