Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Valet/Teen mode?

davkiz

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the stinger has valet mode or a teen mode?
Just curious if there's a way to limit top speed/acceleration when giving the car to a teen or valet or mechanic to prevent unsafe or hard driving.

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
Just curious if there's a way to limit top speed/acceleration when giving the car to a teen or valet or mechanic to prevent unsafe or hard driving.
I remember reading some where on here that you can receive alerts via the UVO app.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
He is correct. You can't limit the speed but you can set an alert in the UVO Mycar settings for curfew and speed. When the car is driven above or after these limits, the radio is muted and the drivers will hear a message warning them to slow down or return the vehicle. It is also logged in the head unit and can by synced with with the phone and the myuvo.com website. You can see when the trips started, where they went, how fast they drove.

I used it with my teen on his Forte. Pretty neat.

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
For GTs or only GT1/2s?

Reactions
City
Beavercreek
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Great!
Thanks!

I did RTFM (read the manual) but missed that!