Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia introduces custom Lebron James Stinger GT

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Wonder if there's going to be any performance changes.

[video=youtube;7agCxfa-B6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agCxfa-B6Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium
That's a nice looking blue.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Interesting, can?t wait to see the final product

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Fun fact that is the Atlantica re purposed.

OP
Chi-Guy
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
So basically a repurposed Atlantica Stinger with Keen whhels.[thumbdown]

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte

netmag

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
Someone mentioned that they had talked to someone at Kia and they told them it was cancelled.

I was waiting on that color and was shocked that Kia would go through so much teasing (including paying Lebron James to be in a commercial using the color and also going through the trouble of showing the Atlantica off at official press events) only to pull it. I couldn't find any official statement saying that it was indeed pulled or on hold, but everyone seems to be accepting it as fact. Also, somebody pointed out that they included the yellow in the official list of colors even though it was a limited edition, but there is no mention of Chroma Blue in the 2019 list of possible colors.

If they're still going to do any sort of "Limited Edition" thing at all (as they claimed they would do a lot of) then logically I'm guessing the next would probably be Deep Chroma Blue (especially with so much teasing of the color). However, applying logic to Kia's marketing decisions in terms of colors and features has me thoroughly stumped. I'm hoping that it will at least come out as a Limited Edition shortly and that the lack of showing it as a possible 2019 color was just an oversight or change in how they want to handle launching limited editions.

Have you heard anything that confirms it is still coming?

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Someone mentioned that they had talked to someone at Kia and they told them it was cancelled.

I was waiting on that color and was shocked that Kia would go through so much teasing (including paying Lebron James to be in a commercial using the color and also going through the trouble of showing the Atlantica off at official press events) only to pull it. I couldn't find any official statement saying that it was indeed pulled or on hold, but everyone seems to be accepting it as fact. Also, somebody pointed out that they included the yellow in the official list of colors even though it was a limited edition, but there is no mention of Chroma Blue in the 2019 list of possible colors.

If they're still going to do any sort of "Limited Edition" thing at all (as they claimed they would do a lot of) then logically I'm guessing the next would probably be Deep Chroma Blue (especially with so much teasing of the color). However, applying logic to Kia's marketing decisions in terms of colors and features has me thoroughly stumped. I'm hoping that it will at least come out as a Limited Edition shortly and that the lack of showing it as a possible 2019 color was just an oversight or change in how they want to handle launching limited editions.

I just followed up with my rep and he said that he's not aware that they have scrapped the Atlantica. More when I have it...

Reactions
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Premium

That's interesting, I hope Kia goes through with the limited color.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Wonder if there's going to be any performance changes.

[video=youtube;7agCxfa-B6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agCxfa-B6Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]
You know whats funny about this if its an american commercial and you want your car to rebrand itself. Why would you put the korean version big stinger logo car on this car and commercial yet sell it everywhere else with the kia logo. Its nothing against kia but their logo is boring and ugly. The stinger logo on the back korean version is bad ass. They are obviously pushing stinger the word stinger the logo stinger yet on the car it does not have that. Terrible marketing not just releasing it everywhere like this. Makes no sense.