Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What tune are you using on your Stinger GT

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • LAP3 / Pross

1 10.00%
  • RaceChip

1 10.00%
  • Byte Tronik

0 0%
  • Delicious Tuning

0 0%
  • Burger Motorsports

7 70.00%
  • Unichip

0 0%
  • Vivid Racing

0 0%
  • Keen

0 0%
  • Tork Motorsports

0 0%
  • Other

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poll: What tune are you using on your Kia Stinger GT?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks for your participation.

I've owned my Stinger GT2 since April 2018 and I've been considering a piggyback tune for a few months now. I'm running 91 octane and the car is stock.

For me, it comes down to reliability and longevity of the engine and powertrain and second performance. I'm not willing to risk my $50k car for more horsepower and torque, therefore once I hear folks stating they have run 1000s of miles with no issues, I will look to jump aboard. If you can share what chip you've installed, any other modifications you've made, is your car a GT, chip configuration settings, octane and how many miles you have run with no issues.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaweckistinger View Post
    Thanks for your participation.

I've owned my Stinger GT2 since April 2018 and I've been considering a piggyback tune for a few months now. I'm running 91 octane and the car is stock.

For me, it comes down to reliability and longevity of the engine and powertrain and second performance. I'm not willing to risk my $50k car for more horsepower and torque, therefore once I hear folks stating they have run 1000s of miles with no issues, I will look to jump aboard. If you can share what chip you've installed, any other modifications you've made, is your car a GT, chip configuration settings, octane and how many miles you have run with no issues.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    I think there's already the same poll here https://www.kiastinger.org/forum/thr...ur-Kia-Stinger

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mileskia, you're correct. I figured submitting a new thread may get further participation given that we had less than a 100 respondents. If would be great if we can get 100s. In addition to that I was hoping to hear from folks about their chip tune experience several months in and 1000s of miles later.

5 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I voted in the other poll and this one. So far I've logged 3000 miles on the Burger Motorsports JB4 without any problems. I'm sure if you follow the procedures and swap out the plugs when you get the tune you'll be safe with RaceChip or Lap3. The other brands I haven't really read anyone using them.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback Jerrycan. Much appreciated! Have a wonderful weekend

60 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JB4 here as well. It's been about 2,000 miles now. I'm running an E85 blend on map 3 with no issues. The community is in constant contact with Terry and he's great to work with. No other piggyback has that level of service. GT2 with tork intakes, magnaflow catback, HKS40 plugs

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by winningGT View Post
    JB4 here as well. It's been about 2,000 miles now. I'm running an E85 blend on map 3 with no issues. The community is in constant contact with Terry and he's great to work with. No other piggyback has that level of service. GT2 with tork intakes, magnaflow catback, HKS40 plugs
    Appreciate the great info. Have a wonderful weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast