Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger PS573 Radio Fade is no longer centered

eolith

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Micro Blue
to be clear, this is the issue where you'll find the sound positioning a bit behind the centerpoint, correct? I thought this was a weird saved setting for each of my presets or something. if this is the same issue, I'll be in there as soon as possible!

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I need this... Seems like a lot of work and leads me to worry about something else getting screwed up. What's up with the unit not being new??

-Matt

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
to be clear, this is the issue where you'll find the sound positioning a bit behind the centerpoint, correct? I thought this was a weird saved setting for each of my presets or something. if this is the same issue, I'll be in there as soon as possible!
This is the issue with the fade completely goes to the rear.

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #25
Correct. The fader will move to the to rear randomly even after you reposition it to the center

I need this... Seems like a lot of work and leads me to worry about something else getting screwed up. What's up with the unit not being new??

-Matt
The installation is pretty straight forward is just labor intensive. The unit is replace with a brand new one (it was in my case) don't think Kia has any refurbished units yet available.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 stinger
I?m having the same issue. Haven?t scheduled fix yet and was wondering.......anyone know what the upgrade to include navigation would cost? I mean they already replacing everything so how much to throw in upgrade?

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #27
not sure how much it will be, but I am sure the service adviser at your dealer will be able to work something out for you.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
And a pitstop is a recall or?... It is under warranty and dealer will do it at no-charge? Not quite sure here...

Also, is this on ALL Stingers or just certain VIN numbers or?... My GT was built in 5/18...

Lastly, wow, I really don't like seeing that dash completely pulled apart like that. IT just says to me "rattles coming..." and I absolutely H A T E rattle with a passion.

Truth be told, that was the #1 scary reason I almost didn't buy a KIA. I'm not sure about their rattle issues. Meanwhile, my Mazda6 from 2014 is STILL rattle free inside. Amazing. Only car ever to not have developed rattles. Speaking of, anyone wanna buy it!? It's in great shape!!!

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
A pitstop is not a recall. For those who got their's replaced, did Kia use a remanufactured headunit or new?

And a pitstop is a recall or?... It is under warranty and dealer will do it at no-charge? Not quite sure here...

Also, is this on ALL Stingers or just certain VIN numbers or?... My GT was built in 5/18...

Lastly, wow, I really don't like seeing that dash completely pulled apart like that. IT just says to me "rattles coming..." and I absolutely H A T E rattle with a passion.

Truth be told, that was the #1 scary reason I almost didn't buy a KIA. I'm not sure about their rattle issues. Meanwhile, my Mazda6 from 2014 is STILL rattle free inside. Amazing. Only car ever to not have developed rattles. Speaking of, anyone wanna buy it!? It's in great shape!!!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive

-Matt
So Matt, is this ANY type of audio or JUST when listing to AM/FM for long periods of time? I just picked up my GT last week in Denver, and drove it home to the Portland, OR area in two-days. A 6 hour and 12 hour day. Radio/XM or CarPlay going the entire time. No issues...

Curious to know if it's just FM/AM that overheats (or something) and shoves the sound to the rear speakers or if it's all audio. I haven't experienced it, but my car was also built in 5.18, so decently new. Maybe they've fixed it by then out of the factory?

And YES, that seems like a LOT of stuff being pulled off to fix the issue. I mentioned already, looks like rattle city after everything's put back, which would drive me nuts. Hmmm... Good luck Matt!

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
So Matt, is this ANY type of audio or JUST when listing to AM/FM for long periods of time? I just picked up my GT last week in Denver, and drove it home to the Portland, OR area in two-days. A 6 hour and 12 hour day. Radio/XM or CarPlay going the entire time. No issues...

Curious to know if it's just FM/AM that overheats (or something) and shoves the sound to the rear speakers or if it's all audio. I haven't experienced it, but my car was also built in 5.18, so decently new. Maybe they've fixed it by then out of the factory?

And YES, that seems like a LOT of stuff being pulled off to fix the issue. I mentioned already, looks like rattle city after everything's put back, which would drive me nuts. Hmmm... Good luck Matt!
It's not that at all I don't think. To me it's an issue with any audio while using GPS or when switching into reverse. Both of these things toggle the fader to 100% to the rear and sometimes it just doesn't switch back to wherever you had it set to.

-Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
It's not that at all I don't think. To me it's an issue with any audio while using GPS or when switching into reverse. Both of this things toggle the fader to 100% to the rear and sometimes it just doesn't switch back to wherever you had it set to.

-Matt

Oh, that IS interesting... For me, just owning a GT, I don't have UVO GPS/NAV, I've just been using CarPlay anyway. Just talk and tell my phone to go to xyz, customer, etc... So I guess I don't have the issue. Now, when I back up, the sound does go down so as to hear the beeping and warnings. I "think" that is deliberate, but the sound, as soon as shifting to D, goes back to normal levels and position...

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Oh, that IS interesting... For me, just owning a GT, I don't have UVO GPS/NAV, I've just been using CarPlay anyway. Just talk and tell my phone to go to xyz, customer, etc... So I guess I don't have the issue. Now, when I back up, the sound does go down so as to hear the beeping and warnings. I "think" that is deliberate, but the sound, as soon as shifting to D, goes back to normal levels and position...
Yeah. Normal for sure.

-Matt

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Yeah. Normal for sure.

-Matt

You are also in hot-land AZ! I live in Oregon. Granted, I'll take the 88 today! Awesome!!! Over 90 30 days in the Portland area this summer - awesome! But overall, we are an 80's summertime place and a mid-40's winter time location.

If there is overheating involved, I doubt my climate is going to contribute much, but AZ?... Hmmm... Sounds like it's instant, any time, even if cool. Like others, I'm surprised a SW update cannot fix this. But perhaps it is in an area where it is "boxed" off from a SW update. Firmware that isn't accessible other than replacement...

I dunno. It's Friday. It's gorgeous. Have a good weekend. OUT!

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #35
[MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION] The issue is completely unrelated to temperature. The issue is related to the bluetooh. When you are on a call and hang up, the radio will move the fader to rear speakers. It can also happen when you are on a call via bluetooth and reversing and then hang up.

It happens whether you are streaming music via blutetooh, satellite radio, AM/FM or your mp3 player.

No rattles to report here after a month and a few days of the repair being performed.

OP
robz32

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #36
A pitstop is not a recall. For those who got their's replaced, did Kia use a remanufactured headunit or new?
It is a new headunit.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
I was just told I need to turn off the Back Up Warning Priority and Start Up Volume options, drive for a week and then come back. I told them these are normal and working as expected. They are misreading the note I think.

-Matt

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Definitely. Now, I turn off my back up volume adjustment in the settings in my Stinger and, honestly, in every car that I sell to my customers as well. LOL

Less confusion.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 Awd
I got mine Swapped out the other day.. took about 4hrs. went in said i was affected and they said yep we will order it and do it.