Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How do I protect my new Stinger in a hellish climate?

Ecco

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Kuwait
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 3.3TT awd
Just bought the 3.3TT awd in Kuwait. Temperature Often reaches 50+C in summer and sits at 40 to 45C for another 6 months. Dust storms are also frequent. Roads were built in the 60s and are riddled with speed bumps and potholes. With that I?m sure you are wondering why I bought one? Well winters are nice and roads are decent when there is no traffic, and we should be moving here in the next 2 years to a colder mountainous region. What precautions should I take with the engine, suspension, body, and interior to protect it until we leave this place behind? For instance what oil should I use and how often should it be changed? Is breakpad wear going to be an issue? Any adice you can think of would be gladly appreciated. Should I also wait to mod until I have left to avoid increasing engines internal temp? Should I also change spark plugs to colder ones for protection rather than performance? I do have shaded parking, but just shaded and not enclosed.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome @Eco, I would suggest getting your Stinger ceramic coated as well as clear bra to protect the front end including the headlights. Living in the desert I would also suggest changing your air filter more often than the recommended interval. Brake pads shouldn't be an issue in hot climates. Unless you're getting a tune, there's no reason to get colder plugs.

OP
E

Ecco

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Kuwait
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 3.3TT awd
Thread Starter #3
Welcome @Eco, I would suggest getting your Stinger ceramic coated as well as clear bra to protect the front end including the headlights.
Thank you [MENTION=627]johnnywalker[/MENTION],
My concern with the bra is that it will keep the paint new while the rest of the car fades or takes damage. Basically, does the difference show when it's removed?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
You should be fine just doing the front end and the ceramic coating, but if you want some shops can wrap the whole car with paint protection film.

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
I agree ceramic coating should offer really good paint protection for the desert, its designed to bond with the paint to add an extra layer of protection.