Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910
    Staff Team 187 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
    Is there any news on the arrival of the 2019 models in the US?
    Still not even released to dealers to order for stock. They are NOT on shore yet. It will be largely in November for dealer arrival as my estimated time of arrival.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on the 2019's Stingers having 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspots? I know without it, there will not be any UVO remote services (Remote start, heat adjustment, etc ) like our "cooler" friends in Canada currently have.

Looks like the 2019's Optima, K900 and Forte will have it, why no love for the stinger?!?!

13 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chia9876 View Post
    Any word on the 2019's Stingers having 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspots? I know without it, there will not be any UVO remote services (Remote start, heat adjustment, etc ) like our "cooler" friends in Canada currently have.

Looks like the 2019's Optima, K900 and Forte will have it, why no love for the stinger?!?!
    Beyond belief if it is not even an option in the US when those other KIA vehicles already have it.

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They will NOT have LTE.

The only model with it this year is the 2019 Optima. The new K900 will get it as well as a couple of other models for the 2020 model year.

It requires a completely new head unit as well as wiring for the modem and antenna.

I'm guessing that the Stinger will get a "refresh" for 2021 and I expect it to be present on that model year. Let's come back here in 3 years to see if I'm right??? LOL

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MurlinatoR View Post
    They will NOT have LTE.

The only model with it this year is the 2019 Optima. The new K900 will get it as well as a couple of other models for the 2020 model year.

It requires a completely new head unit as well as wiring for the modem and antenna.

I'm guessing that the Stinger will get a "refresh" for 2021 and I expect it to be present on that model year. Let's come back here in 3 years to see if I'm right??? LOL
    That sucks that Canada has the feature but the USA gets the crappy Kia remote start fob .

I thought the USA would be getting the same version of the Stinger that Canada has been getting but we are not "worthy"

Medals
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    That sucks that Canada has the feature but the USA gets the crappy Kia remote start fob .

I thought the USA would be getting the same version of the Stinger that Canada has been getting but we are not "worthy"
    Well, there are pro's and con's to each. LOL The fob doesn't require cell phone coverage. Doesn't fail when you break/lose your phone. It also doesn't cost you after it's installed.

The UVO Link system that operates from your phone will require a monthly/annual subscription fee be paid to continue the service after the complimentary period expires.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910