Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Warranty voiding

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What can I upgrade/modify and not void the warranty?

Exhaust? Intake? Intercooler?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
all those you listed will not void the warranty provided they don't cause or interfere with the normal functions of the car.
Also the piggyback chips are also a good upgrade as they can be unplugged before taking the car in for service and not be detected.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
What can I upgrade/modify and not void the warranty?

Exhaust? Intake? Intercooler?
While [MENTION=321]robz32[/MENTION] could be correct, service centers will find any reason to not have the manufacturer pay for a repair. I've had a couple instances myself that I am exhausting from sharing. All three are unlikely to void your warranty, but there is always the chance that it can. Whether you want to take that risk or not is up to you.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
For the most part you can do what you want, to error on the safe side you should move any visible mods when you're heading to the dealer for any engine work outside of basic maintenance.