Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Dying

ECMO

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
I purchased a new Kia stinger in May. I have right at 1800 miles on it. It was in the shop June 4th for a new fuel pump. I picked it up on Wednesday, the 6th and drove it around 130 miles over the weekend. When pulling into my parking spot Monday morning it died. The engine was shut off and oil pressure was gone. All I had was air, lights, and radio. The oil light displayed along with a message of ?Auto stop is off. Start vehicle manually?. It also alarmed a very loud long tone. Mind you I was pulling into the parking spot, applying breaks but not stopped and not firmly enough to make auto stop come on. Now I drove it around the parking lot that afternoon to see if it done it again. It did not but it started randomly turning auto stop on and off (light on console) and the auto stop light on the dash was yellow, not green. I have contacted the dealer ship. They have no suggestions as to why it died or why the light is yellow other than the parameters are not being met forbthe auto stop. They did install a Kia remote start on the 4th when fixing the fuel pump as well. Has anyone had any issues similar or have any trouble shooting ideas. I was told that pretty much if it doesn?t give a code to them they have no idea. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I assume you have the 2.0T? My fuel pump was also replaced but I haven't had the issues you are having. Perhaps it might have been related to the remote start install as it sounds more electrical rather than mechanical.

OP
E

ECMO

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Yes 2.0. I said the same. According to the dealership that is all working correctly. I?m wondering if it could be a bad remote start all the way around. But I originally thought that maybe the key wasn?t talking to the car? Dealership hasn?t really been any help and Kia Manufacturing hasn?t either ????

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
It's odd that it's doing that, but the auto start/stop feature isn't supposed to work every time you come to a stop. The vehicle monitors a couple of parameters before the auto stop is enabled.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Yes, there is a long list of parameters that must be met for the auto-stop to work. I would disable the remote start and see what happens.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Agree, if you can disable the remote start. It may be due to a faulty module or loose connection.