Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding some power to the 2.0T

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Everyone,

My 2.0T is the first car I've owned with a turbocharger. I've been doing some research and am looking into adding a LAP3 chip and the recommended aftermarket plugs... with that being said, what other equipment would I need to add? Would BoV's be necessary for only adding the chip? Are oil catchcans a requirement? Anything else?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Staff Team 67 Rep Points Stingin' Away's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    SD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyDesign777 View Post
    Everyone,

My 2.0T is the first car I've owned with a turbocharger. I've been doing some research and am looking into adding a LAP3 chip and the recommended aftermarket plugs... with that being said, what other equipment would I need to add? Would BoV's be necessary for only adding the chip? Are oil catchcans a requirement? Anything else?

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated, thank you!
    The plugs are a good idea with the LAP3. I'm confused if you're asking if there is anything else you need to support the LAP3 or you just want things to add? More performance parts equals faster car. I like the sound of BOV's so I think that'd be a good addition.

GDi motors are notorious for producing high levels of carbon so I would recommend a catch can. Use so injector/fuel system cleaner every couple thousand miles to keep the carbon deposits down. Anything else would be on you, it's already a great car! Enjoy your mods
    Current: '15 Genesis HTRAC w/Sig&Tech - CBW "Pearl"
    Prior Gems: '08 C6 Z51, '07 300 SRT8, '94 Impala SS
    Fuelly (MPG): http://www.fuelly.com/car/hyundai/ge...15/ssl1/741060

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stingin' Away View Post
    The plugs are a good idea with the LAP3. I'm confused if you're asking if there is anything else you need to support the LAP3 or you just want things to add? More performance parts equals faster car. I like the sound of BOV's so I think that'd be a good addition.

GDi motors are notorious for producing high levels of carbon so I would recommend a catch can. Use so injector/fuel system cleaner every couple thousand miles to keep the carbon deposits down. Anything else would be on you, it's already a great car! Enjoy your mods
    Thanks for the input! Sorry for the confusion, I just wanted to know what all was necessary for adding the chip to get more power. I don't want to 'half-ass' anything regarding this car and I'd rather ask questions than make a costly mistake.

Appreciate the help!

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding a chip and spark plugs will be the only thing that is really needed. Adding items like exhaust and intake will do very little. BOV is not necessary.

Staff Team 67 Rep Points Stingin' Away's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    SD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyDesign777 View Post
    Thanks for the input! Sorry for the confusion, I just wanted to know what all was necessary for adding the chip to get more power. I don't want to 'half-ass' anything regarding this car and I'd rather ask questions than make a costly mistake.

Appreciate the help!
    You got it, keep us updated on what you decide!
    Current: '15 Genesis HTRAC w/Sig&Tech - CBW "Pearl"
    Prior Gems: '08 C6 Z51, '07 300 SRT8, '94 Impala SS
    Fuelly (MPG): http://www.fuelly.com/car/hyundai/ge...15/ssl1/741060

Medals
    Made First Post  
    Country
    Germany
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aftermarket plugs are a must.
    Anything else not.

Coincidentally, we published a video today about other mods than can be combined with a chip:

(sorry for the non-Kia Stinger-content, but it fits to the question)

We also just launched our product for the 2.0T (Aftermarket plugs are a must for our product, too).
    https://www.racechip.us/shop/kia/sti...-257lb-ft.html
    You can get $100 off with following group buy code for this forum: KIA_STINGER
    SIMPLY FASTER
    www.racechip.us

Medals
    Made First Post  
    Country
    Singapore
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceChip View Post
    Aftermarket plugs are a must.
    Anything else not.

Coincidentally, we published a video today about other mods than can be combined with a chip:

(sorry for the non-Kia Stinger-content, but it fits to the question)

We also just launched our product for the 2.0T (Aftermarket plugs are a must for our product, too).
    https://www.racechip.us/shop/kia/sti...-257lb-ft.html
    You can get $100 off with following group buy code for this forum: KIA_STINGER
    Do you have any before and after torque and power graphs, as well as 0-100kmph timings with the 2.0T? Please tell us what the Racechip setting was with your graphs and timings.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast