Welcome to Kia Stinger Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator
    Staff Team 18 Rep Points Kia Stinger News's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts
    Country
    South Korea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

KIA begins production on the 2019 Stingers

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

For North America (US) the 2019 Stinger with now get limited slip differential on all models. The GT2 will now come standard with Surround View Monitor (SVM) 360 Camera and wireless charging.

Choice of a 2.0-liter turbo gasoline engine, a 2.2 diesel mill or a range-topping 3.3 turbo gasoline power plant. The performance car is priced at between 36 million won (US$33,000) and 50 million, won the company said in a statement.

To attract more customers, Kia is offering customers who purchase the 2.0 turbo and 2.2 diesel models a set of premium options previously allowed only on the 3.3 turbo car, the statement said.

The premium options include light emitting diode rear turn signal lamps, an eight-inch seamless navigation system, six-color interior mood lighting and metal-look door garnish, it said.

In the 12 months to April, Kia sold 7,823 Stingers in the domestic market and exported 28,281 vehicles, mainly to the United States and Europe, the company said.
    Kia Stinger News & Information Source

47 Rep Points
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes
    I'm very happy to hear that production on the 2019's is starting up. Any word on the missing features on the US Stingers??? Maybe too early for that info?

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told by my Kia salesman in New Jersey that the 2019 is getting the 360 camera. I hope it also gets the heated rear seats and wireless charging.

Staff Team 236 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantor67 View Post
    I was told by my Kia salesman in New Jersey that the 2019 is getting the 360 camera. I hope it also gets the heated rear seats and wireless charging.
    Good morning! I'm not going to say that your salesman doesn't know what he's talking about but I will say that currently there is ZERO information about the 2019 Stinger besides the Atlantica special edition. I have looked through all of the US technician and sales information and there's nothing yet on the 2019.

Medals
    Made First Post  
    State
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will keep my fingers crossed. I have no idea where he got that info though

Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantor67 View Post
    I will keep my fingers crossed. I have no idea where he got that info though
    Probably relating to the Atlantica SE model, and isn't quite right with all his information and now it'll play out with ALL the 2019 models.

That said, I'm wondering if Kia ever allows ordering? That is, if I want a Stinger GT1 w/XYZ stand alone features, is that order-able? Or are dealers forever stuck with getting what they get from Kia? If they just get what they get, then I'll move to hoping Kia has more options on the vehicles, more flexibility in the factory offerings in configs. That is, maybe I cannot order a HUD, but perhaps Kia can SHIP a new vehicle with stand-alone options... I'm not holding my breath...

Staff Team 236 Rep Points MurlinatoR's Avatar
    Medals
    Made First Post Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Probably relating to the Atlantica SE model, and isn't quite right with all his information and now it'll play out with ALL the 2019 models.

That said, I'm wondering if Kia ever allows ordering? That is, if I want a Stinger GT1 w/XYZ stand alone features, is that order-able? Or are dealers forever stuck with getting what they get from Kia? If they just get what they get, then I'll move to hoping Kia has more options on the vehicles, more flexibility in the factory offerings in configs. That is, maybe I cannot order a HUD, but perhaps Kia can SHIP a new vehicle with stand-alone options... I'm not holding my breath...
    I can order a car but only within the realm of the set configuration. In other words, if you want a HUD, you will have to order a GT2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast