Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

KIA begins production on the 2019 Stingers

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

For North America (US) the 2019 Stinger with now get limited slip differential on all models. The GT2 will now come standard with Surround View Monitor (SVM) 360 Camera and wireless charging.

Choice of a 2.0-liter turbo gasoline engine, a 2.2 diesel mill or a range-topping 3.3 turbo gasoline power plant. The performance car is priced at between 36 million won (US$33,000) and 50 million, won the company said in a statement.

To attract more customers, Kia is offering customers who purchase the 2.0 turbo and 2.2 diesel models a set of premium options previously allowed only on the 3.3 turbo car, the statement said.

The premium options include light emitting diode rear turn signal lamps, an eight-inch seamless navigation system, six-color interior mood lighting and metal-look door garnish, it said.

In the 12 months to April, Kia sold 7,823 Stingers in the domestic market and exported 28,281 vehicles, mainly to the United States and Europe, the company said.

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
I'm very happy to hear that production on the 2019's is starting up. Any word on the missing features on the US Stingers??? Maybe too early for that info?

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
I was told by my Kia salesman in New Jersey that the 2019 is getting the 360 camera. I hope it also gets the heated rear seats and wireless charging.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
I was told by my Kia salesman in New Jersey that the 2019 is getting the 360 camera. I hope it also gets the heated rear seats and wireless charging.
Good morning! I'm not going to say that your salesman doesn't know what he's talking about but I will say that currently there is ZERO information about the 2019 Stinger besides the Atlantica special edition. I have looked through all of the US technician and sales information and there's nothing yet on the 2019.

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
I will keep my fingers crossed. I have no idea where he got that info though

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
I will keep my fingers crossed. I have no idea where he got that info though
Probably relating to the Atlantica SE model, and isn't quite right with all his information and now it'll play out with ALL the 2019 models.

That said, I'm wondering if Kia ever allows ordering? That is, if I want a Stinger GT1 w/XYZ stand alone features, is that order-able? Or are dealers forever stuck with getting what they get from Kia? If they just get what they get, then I'll move to hoping Kia has more options on the vehicles, more flexibility in the factory offerings in configs. That is, maybe I cannot order a HUD, but perhaps Kia can SHIP a new vehicle with stand-alone options... I'm not holding my breath...

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Probably relating to the Atlantica SE model, and isn't quite right with all his information and now it'll play out with ALL the 2019 models.

That said, I'm wondering if Kia ever allows ordering? That is, if I want a Stinger GT1 w/XYZ stand alone features, is that order-able? Or are dealers forever stuck with getting what they get from Kia? If they just get what they get, then I'll move to hoping Kia has more options on the vehicles, more flexibility in the factory offerings in configs. That is, maybe I cannot order a HUD, but perhaps Kia can SHIP a new vehicle with stand-alone options... I'm not holding my breath...
I can order a car but only within the realm of the set configuration. In other words, if you want a HUD, you will have to order a GT2.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
I can order a car but only within the realm of the set configuration. In other words, if you want a HUD, you will have to order a GT2.
Thanks! Even if it is a horrible answer! ; ) Come on Kia, provide more stand alone options!

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thanks! Even if it is a horrible answer! ; ) Come on Kia, provide more stand alone options!
Almost no one does it anymore [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]. After the recession a decade ago, they've all streamlined manufacturing by grouping features into packages. *shrugs* Darn them for tightening the ship. LOL

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Almost no one does it anymore [MENTION=477]MarkyMark[/MENTION]. After the recession a decade ago, they've all streamlined manufacturing by grouping features into packages. *shrugs* Darn them for tightening the ship. LOL
Yah, some Lux-o brands will still do it, but I'm not after any of those vehicles anyway. I get it. Like housing, so hard to find a local custom builder that will build what you want. Just national cookie cutter crap that's overpriced, but I digress... ; /

Only two-months away from pulling the trigger!

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
Okay, this is very rough, VERY rough, so translate as best you can, but it appears the 2019 GT is getting more love at the same price point as the 2018?

Supposedly, the 2019 GT will feature as STANDARD:
? Something ever so slightly changed in the lower air dam?...
? Electronic Controlled Suspension (matching GT1 and GT2 standard capability)
? Power Folding Side Mirrors
? Possibly a COLOR 3.5" TFT display
? Possibly 8" Color Display Standard
? 15" Speaker System Standard (but maybe not branded Harmon Kardon?)

Supposedly, the 2019 GT will feature as OPTIONS:
? Sunroof

Perhaps a few other features I just couldn't quite understand... Something tells me this isn't quite right, but we'll see: https://www.nskiacar.com/2019-kia-stinger-gt-price-interior/

They are probably talking about the GT1 here for the US or who knows... But if Kia is adding any additional features to the GT (the model I'm after) that would be some good love.

After initially selling at lot of GT2's to enthusiasts, that market space sold and filled pretty quickly. Thus Kia pumped out more GT2's to the US and finds/found itself stuck with quite a glut of them, but not enough lower-end configurations to pull up mid-size sedan buyers into the Stinger realm...

So here's to hoping something - ANYTHING - of this rings true, and Kia has figured out they need to sweeten the GT pie a bit more and sales will increase.

Reactions
State
WV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER GT
My KIA Saleman said that Kia has not released a spec sheet for 2019 yet. He said he did not know when that information was coming out.

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
My KIA Saleman said that Kia has not released a spec sheet for 2019 yet. He said he did not know when that information was coming out.
Yah, sales folk don't much care about "what's coming" as they can't sell tomorrow, they can only sell today.