Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Does Kia have any warranty on the brakes?

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Curious to know if Kia offers any warranty for the brakes. I think Ford will cover any wearing issues for the first 1200 miles.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Most dealers will replace warped rotors (which should never happen if you break them in properly during the first 1,000) but pad wear is your problem. It's in the warranty manual.

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Curious to know if Kia offers any warranty for the brakes. I think Ford will cover any wearing issues for the first 1200 miles.
YES!

Kia will cover ANY wearable items for the 12 month or 12,000 mile "Adjustments" period. Light bulbs, wiper blades, hoses, brakes, belts, tires, even the wheel alignment. Pretty neat stuff!

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I defer to @MulinatoR. I drove my Pontiac G8 GT for 200,000 miles on the original pads, so wearing out brakes in 12,000 miles is -- well, unbelievable -- not to mention that I need to go back and RTFM. [8]

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Did your Pontiac have brembos?

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Did your Pontiac have brembos?
To be honest, I have no idea since I never touched them. Both my '05 GTO and the '08 G8 GT came from the GM Holden Commodore plant in Australia. My GTO has PBR brakes. There was no visible marking on the calipers on the G8 GT that I remember. The G8 was a long distance road car and although the wife hauled groceries and ran errands in it as her DD, most of it's life was on the open road where it excelled. Lots of interstate highways from my corner of SW Missouri, so not a lot of single lane roads and heavy braking. I don't remember hearing anyone mention the brakes on the G8 except that they were excellent. My GTO has 98,000 miles and still on factory brakes. I try to be careful not to over-use them. My wife waits less time and brakes harder than I do most of the time.