Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Who has or plan to get their Stinger Ceramic coated?

Who's gotten or plan to get their Stinger Ceramic coated?

• Yes

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Plan To

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
For those who's already had ceramic coating on their Stinger can you share what brand and how it's holding up?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
For those who's already had ceramic coating on their Stinger can you share what brand and how it's holding up?
Yes, I had it done by the dealer when I picked the car up 3 months ago. They used Dura-Seal, and it looks great, has a life time warranty, and definitely adds another layer of gloss to the finish. Looks good on my Deep Chroma Blue, not too sure about lighter colours, but highly recommended

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
I?ll be doing mine myself, hopefully this weekend. Gyeon Q2 One

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46 M3/ Stinger GT1
I?ll be doing mine myself, hopefully this weekend. Gyeon Q2 One

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I will be using the same once mine is done being repainted.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46 M3/ Stinger GT1
I would recommend that Q2 if its your first time using a ceramic/glass coating.

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
IMG_20171215_065443%20-%20Copy.jpg
I got mine done the day it rolled off the truck last year. I didn't even let them unwrap the car before I drove it to the detailer. I got ceramic pro. My advice is, if you're going to do it, do a top tier package of whatever brand you decide to go with. But as far as holding up, it is doing great! Still looks glossy and stays clean longer.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ceramic Silver gt2
So I've put on ceramic coat on quite a few cars now. Its been cool because i've gotten to test out a bunch and it is amazing to see the differences. For the Stinger I chose to go with 2 coats of Kamikaze Miyabi, and 1 coat of Kamikaze ISM. Warning though the ISM was by far the most difficult coating i've ever had to apply, if you haven't done it before, do not learn with that stuff. This is especially true given how many great coatings are out there that offer similar qualities but are vastly easier to put on.

Wish I had taken pictures of the differences in application.

So far i've been thoroughly impressed and i'm difficult to please when it comes to this stuff. This right now is my favorite but I previously used 22ple HPC and that was also excellent (bit easier to apply). I had it on my golf R for 2 years and it was still flawless.

[video=youtube;2ejIsghh2O8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ejIsghh2O8[/video]

Gtechnique Crystal serum with exov3 topping it was great. Have that on a friends car and two years later been perfect. I used Gyeon Q2 on my mother's car and was probably the easiest to apply and gave a great shine. Didn't have quite the hydrophobic results like the others, and longevity is too soon to say. I put on Wolfgang uber ceramic con my DD because WG's Sealant is well known as being one of the best sealants you can buy... and I wasn't impressed. Not only was it difficult to apply and take off, but longevity wasn't great and I thought the gloss was pretty meh.

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I'm picking up my Stinger (SWP) next saturday and will be getting a ceramic coating done immediately.
I have two options here from shops I trust: Kenzo Ceramic or Ceramic Pro.
Anyone have experience with either and can speak to pros/cons for each?

TIA,

Andrew

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I've had great results with ceramic pro. Their line of products is really good. Also another brand to consider is Gyeon.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Looking good

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Man, that DCB sure looks great.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Man, that DCB sure looks great.
It is beautiful, changes color between black, purple and blue under different lighting, but it is very hard to keep clean. Any spec of dust is visible, even worse than black.

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I do love the DCB but since I'm in the US, no dice for me. I ended up with black.

I was looking into the ceramic coating but there are pros and cons. I like the fact it is supposed to make the paint tough. But I don't like that any swirls that happen are more difficult to get out. I also don't like all the extra products that you need to use to upkeep the coating.

With all the easy to use coatings out now it is easy to coat after ebry wash if so desired. Meguirs fast finish and opti-seal are great choices amongst so many others.

I'll probably do a one step polish then finish with one of those above then top with some adams butter wax to bring out the deepness and enhance my black baby.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
New Zealand
What I Drive
2013 Kia Optima LTD
I had Dura-Seal Ceramic Coating applied by my dealer. It came with a nice pack of accessories, needs no maintenance, and I just clean with water and microfibre cloths. For pictures see my post in Exterior Cosmetic & Lighting Modiications