Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MAY ONLY Stinger programs

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Good morning boys and girls and welcome to May!

The bad news is that my suspicions were right. They lowered incentives for the warm weather. They did this for two reasons, in my opinion. First because of production. Kia was expecting a 65/35 ratio of 2L to 3.3L because they thought people were going to shy away from a $50k Kia. Instead, the sales mix has been more along the lines of 40/60 with the 3.3L outselling the 2L. This means that there are extra 4cyl's out there.

The good news is that traffic on the Stinger has picked up very considerably in the last 15 days. So the second reason is because summer has finally arrived and the folks looking to enjoy a nice summer time ride are coming out.

Now, the initial reaction will be frustration because a number of you have expressed a belief that they're not selling and that Kia should just give them away. What needs to be remembered is that the decrease in incentives means stronger resale value and higher demand. It's a good thing in the long run. None of us want our cars looked at like a lesser brand or vehicle like many of our competitors that don't care about the image of their product and they customers. LOL

That said, here they are.

They DID throw out financing for 84 months for well qualified buyers! Enjoy!

-MurlinatoR
Stinger 1.jpg
Stinger 2.jpg

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Do I read that right, that the "8 AT" means 18" All-Terrain wheels and tires? No 19"? Or is that something else?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #3
Do I read that right, that the "8 AT" means 18" All-Terrain wheels and tires? No 19"? Or is that something else?
Hahahaha

I hadn't even noticed that. No Sir [MENTION=456]mldavis2[/MENTION], that means 8 speed automatic transmission. Why they made that note on each trim, I don't know. LOL

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Thanks for the information. Glad to see KMF offering a slightly better financing option for the Stinger.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Which incentives were lowered?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #6
Which incentives were lowered?
The GT series in AWD and the RWD GT2 got a lower lease rebate. All trims received a higher money factor due to rising interest rates in the US.

Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
The GT series in AWD and the RWD GT2 got a lower lease rebate. All trims received a higher money factor due to rising interest rates in the US.
Thanks

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red
Good morning boys and girls and welcome to May!

The bad news is that my suspicions were right. They lowered incentives for the warm weather. They did this for two reasons, in my opinion. First because of production. Kia was expecting a 65/35 ratio of 2L to 3.3L because they thought people were going to shy away from a $50k Kia. Instead, the sales mix has been more along the lines of 40/60 with the 3.3L outselling the 2L. This means that there are extra 4cyl's out there.

The good news is that traffic on the Stinger has picked up very considerably in the last 15 days. So the second reason is because summer has finally arrived and the folks looking to enjoy a nice summer time ride are coming out.

Now, the initial reaction will be frustration because a number of you have expressed a belief that they're not selling and that Kia should just give them away. What needs to be remembered is that the decrease in incentives means stronger resale value and higher demand. It's a good thing in the long run. None of us want our cars looked at like a lesser brand or vehicle like many of our competitors that don't care about the image of their product and they customers. LOL

That said, here they are.

They DID throw out financing for 84 months for well qualified buyers! Enjoy!

-MurlinatoR
View attachment 872
View attachment 873
Thanks for this information! Interesting, as the $2k Factory to Customer cash starts to tip my scales against a lease/buy-out solution right now. Sure, 2.9% vs .9%, but I take my 60mo loans and pay them off in 36-42 months, so being about about $500 in interest over 3 - 3.5 years, I can live with that to get $1500 off from the factory (at the end of the day - raw dollars - Cash back minus interest over time).

VERY interesting this is now a May-Only solution. If gas prices keep hiking north, now about $3.20 a gallon in the Portland, OR metro area (highest gas tax in the nation mind-you...), and others start hitting $3.00 a gallon, or higher, we may see some sales balance shifting back to the base 2.0L.

Granted, gas goes up and down, and at the end of the day, a Stinger buyer may see $300 - $400 total in gas savings over the life of their car, with a 2.0L vs the GT, but hey, this is the way people think...

I like it is ONLY a MAY deal. This is good, because it shows Kia is now seeing Dealer Inventory hit capacity, thus we are likely looking at month-to-month programs coming from here on out (or at least for a while).

Two-month programs ran while Kia needed to figure out the sales rates of the various models, giving stability to see what's going on, and could afford to hold firm while they were still filling up channel inventory. Now? Kia simply needs to be more reactive to market conditions which is good for buyers.

Anyone have any idea when the model change-over will occur? September/October or? MurlanatorR have you heard anything from Kia Corporate yet when the 2019's will start to roll in?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #9
I'm estimating that the 2019 Stinger will begin to show up on lots around Halloween.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Hey [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]...

How can they advertise this price? I get that they are applying the lease incentives... But what if you don't lease?

I see they say you have to do either 506 or 502. But those would be drastically different incentives, no?

Anyway tricks to get that price AND lease incentives on top??

-Matt

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #11
Hey [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]...

How can they advertise this price? I get that they are applying the lease incentives... But what if you don't lease?

I see they say you have to do either 506 or 502. But those would be drastically different incentives, no?

Anyway tricks to get that price AND lease incentives on top??

-Matt
Hey [MENTION=239]ghedoicy[/MENTION]. Sure, it's easy... It's all "in the fine print" taken right from their website:

"*Advertised pricing is on in-stock units only and includes all applicable dealer discounts, manufacturer discounts, and incentives. Price excludes dealer installed options which is $1,149 Vehicle Protection Plan (includes: Xzilon Paint Protection, Lifetime Window Tint, Nitrogen Filled Tires, and Door Edge Guards)" i.e. they included military AND they will force you to add $1,149 to it as well.

" Leasing must be obtained through Kia Motor Finance via KMF Special Lease 502 Program" i.e. you won't get this price without leasing it.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Hey [MENTION=239]ghedoicy[/MENTION]. Sure, it's easy... It's all "in the fine print" taken right from their website:

"*Advertised pricing is on in-stock units only and includes all applicable dealer discounts, manufacturer discounts, and incentives. Price excludes dealer installed options which is $1,149 Vehicle Protection Plan (includes: Xzilon Paint Protection, Lifetime Window Tint, Nitrogen Filled Tires, and Door Edge Guards)" i.e. they included military AND they will force you to add $1,149 to it as well.

" Leasing must be obtained through Kia Motor Finance via KMF Special Lease 502 Program" i.e. you won't get this price without leasing it.
Financing must be obtained through KIA Motor Finance via KMF Dealer Choice 506 Program**.

So what about that though... They say it can be financed... That would add back in the difference between the lease and finance deals?

-Matt

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #13
Financing must be obtained through KIA Motor Finance via KMF Dealer Choice 506 Program**.

So what about that though... They say it can be financed... That would add back in the difference between the lease and finance deals?

-Matt
Correct. They just flubbed up the website. I believe that they have BOTH of those disclaimers included in each vehicle so that it's covering their butts on every car.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
Correct. They just flubbed up the website. I believe that they have BOTH of those disclaimers included in each vehicle so that it's covering their butts on every car.
So you go in to buy that will not be the price...

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #15
Yes Sir that is correct. My local competitor does the same thing online. It's actually against Kia's advertising rules.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Mazda6 Touring ? Soul Red

Hammer

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Kia Optima SX
If anyone out there is looking for a Stinger, the dealer I got my GT1 from now has 13 in stock in all colors except yellow. They have Premiums, GT, GT1 and GT2. Dealer is in Lynn, Massachusetts.

ghedoicy

Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT RWD
If anyone out there is looking for a Stinger, the dealer I got my GT1 from now has 13 in stock in all colors except yellow. They have Premiums, GT, GT1 and GT2. Dealer is in Lynn, Massachusetts.
Sounds like every other dealer.

-Matt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Phil

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT1
greetings all,
i'm thinking about taking the plunge on a GT1. there are only a few days left in the month and could wait until June to pull the trigger. of course i understand they dont give out next months programs in advance. i'm curious for your opinions. i'm concerned about MF's going up again or lease money going down or both. on the other hand, 18's are collecting dust on the lots here in Florida and the 19's are right around the corner, in fact i read production is over on the 18's...any thoughts? move on it now? wait until next week? thx in advance

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #20
greetings all,
i'm thinking about taking the plunge on a GT1. there are only a few days left in the month and could wait until June to pull the trigger. of course i understand they dont give out next months programs in advance. i'm curious for your opinions. i'm concerned about MF's going up again or lease money going down or both. on the other hand, 18's are collecting dust on the lots here in Florida and the 19's are right around the corner, in fact i read production is over on the 18's...any thoughts? move on it now? wait until next week? thx in advance
This is the $1,000,000 question in the auto industry. LOL

Are MF's going up? Possibly. Is the rebate going down? I doubt it.

As for 2018's, Kia always stops production of the current year around May/June. Every model. Every year. The 2019's won't release and hit lots until Halloween at the earliest in my opinion.

While it appears to the general public that Stingers are not selling, for us dealers and for the factory, we're actually seeing an uptick in sales now that the warm weather and sunshine has settled in. LOL

All of that said, buy it when you're ready. Then and ONLY then. If you're not ready yet, then wait. If you were ready last week, then you've missed an amazing week of driving this beauty that you'll never get back! LMBO