Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Adding an additional lower-front sensor?

Reactions
City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2 (CERSIL/RWD)
Wondering if anybody else has thought about, or has seen someone actually do, is to add an additional sensor just below the lower-front facia?

I often come very close (yesterday was a little too close for my liking) to hitting a curb or concrete parking block when pulling into a parking spot. Hence I am wondering how hard it would be to add an additional sensor and tie it to the one (or two) that sense something directly in front of the vehicle.

What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
Mine seems to work OK for curbs just barely high enough to catch the front end. But I'm very careful when parking against those concrete parking bumpers. My G8 had an extremely low front end and I was always scraping pavement coming out of driveways with a dip. I just learn where the front end is, and leave it a foot short.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
I just learn where the front end is, and leave it a foot short.
[MENTION=238]mjsteelega[/MENTION] ^^^^^^^^^ There's your answer, my man. If it was my car, I wouldn't mess with the electronics if it's under warranty. Get use to the length and come up short to save the bumper.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country